• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

storm12

Weather Bearer
I would imagine that they can enjoy the nostalgic games of their childhood, relive those memories, and then not have the Pokemon they used be stuck there?

I'm not sure what you're not getting, here.

New pokemon, new world, new story, the works. It's a new Gen. You can split hairs and call it Gen 6.5 depending upon the circumstances if you want to, but it's a new Gen all the same.

So pseudo nostalgia. Great.

Cutty

Forever now
I don't mind new Gen 7 games.

It's just the way they treated Gen 6 w/ some many cliffhangers... I hope the upcoming news will answer more questions.

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
So what I'm getting is that Sun and Moon are new main series games, but it seems that we still don't know if it's the 3rd versions of X and Y or the 7th generation.
I'm putting my money on 7th gen, it just doesn't seem right to me to "celebrate" 20 years of pokemon with the 3rd versions of 6th gen games, and I'm more than certain that allowing transfer from R/B/G/Y has to have some sort of limitations that can't allow those pokemon to exist in Kalos/Hoenn. I mean, why else would they only mention Sun/Moon?

jake279

Ice Master
That was definitely a new bird pokemon. On twitter it seems a lot of people have already decided they're getting Moon over Sun, despite knowing nothing about them, which is interesting. I'm personally more drawn to Sun.

I'm 100% expecting mega versions of Solrock and Lunatone now though, each being version specific.

LePetitMeow

I did notice that majority of the concept art only included old Pokemon.

Spheal, Staryu, Chinchou, Magikarp, Horsea and Krabby, Slaking, Blastoise, Furfrou, and there's one behind Furfrou that's kinda hard to recognize.

It's Wobbuffet.

Nockturne

One of the things I loved about Gen 6 was how many more Pokémon its put in the over world, so that the Pokémon seem more like actual inhabitants rather than just showing up for battles. So I am weirdly hyped for that Blastoise fire truck and the... mobile dog groomer van with the Furfrou?

Plus thats like one of the four things that was clear enough to actually see so maybe thats why Im so excited.

Mokepon22

No one's denying it. It's just, it doesn't sit right with me and some other people that Zygarde and all the loose ends from Kalos are basically going to be ignored.

Like, what was the point of giving Zygarde new forms at all if they're not going to do anything with them but showcase them in the anime? What was the point of Eternal Floette?

With Zygarde being formes at least they'll include it into the next games, what we might not get is a story behind it. As for Eternal Floette, it's kinda feels like Spiky Eared Pichu, meaning that it might just stay a Gen VI thing and not be included in the new games

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Again, we don't know any of that for certain, As long as we finish all the loose end in kalos I think we're good.

But, I'm not going by my standards, I'm following the standard set by the past 20 years, and even then we'll have to see.

I'm not in denial like someone said, it's just annoying people stating speculation as fact.

Whether it's a new generation or not isn't speculation anymore. They confirmed it on the main Pokémon website in conjunction with the small footage from the Direct. It is a new generation.

I always return to these forums for the new generations, fourth generation reveal I'm following now!

Wild speculation: Sun and Moon region is based on California and/or L.A. similiar to Unova. The bird might be based on a Blue Jay with that headshape, and the concept art looked somewhat like a typical building in L.A. (might not be true, I've never been). Note the palm tree as well, definitely a tropical area!

BurningWhiteKyurem

I knew the release date was going to be in the later part of 2016 once they revealed the movie date.

Though I wonder if Sun/Moon relates to XY or if it's an entirely new thing.

ChromeTyranno

Looks like we may be getting another tropical themed region like Hoenn this time around. The Water type themed Hotel and Slaking Motel makes me think of touristy areas like Florida or Hawaii, and the palm trees in the concept art seems to add to that theory.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Alright, whatever. Gen VII it is.

It still doesn't sit right with me that they hyped up Zygarde for nothing and left all those loose ends in X/Y untied (and I don't think some paltry post-game content like the Delta Episode in ORAS will be able to do it all justice), but oh well. It is what it is. I give up understanding how GF thinks anymore.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
So pseudo nostalgia. Great.
That will get a lot of old-school fans back into Pokemon, like a lot of commenters have said on Kotaku's page. Being able to transfer the Pokemon you caught into Sun/Moon will add a lot of motivation for old-schoolers to revisit RBY and not feel like they're wasting time. It's definitely a really cool thing, and totally a selling factor, whether or not you are capable of seeing things from other's perspectives.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I would imagine that they can enjoy the nostalgic games of their childhood, relive those memories, and then not have the Pokemon they used be stuck there?

I'm not sure what you're not getting, here.

New pokemon, new world, new story, the works. It's a new Gen. You can split hairs and call it Gen 6.5 depending upon the circumstances if you want to, but it's a new Gen all the same.

Just how B2/W2 had new protags, new locations, new characters, and a new adventure right?

Last edited:

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Alright, whatever. Gen VII it is.

It still doesn't sit right with me that they hyped up Zygarde for nothing and left all those loose ends in X/Y untied (and I don't think some paltry post-game content like the Delta Episode in ORAS will be able to do it all justice), but oh well. It is what it is. I give up understanding how GF thinks anymore.
No one said we still couldn't go back to Kalos in the games. We have done that in new generations before.

Genos

TTYD
Here lies Gen 6's hopes and dreams.

I know we're super early to choose but I'm leaning towards Moon.

Just hope for better pokemon in that version

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Well this is probably going to make 6th gen everyones least favorite generation now just because if how short it is, unless they tie into it somehow...