• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Looks like we may be getting another tropical themed region like Hoenn this time around. The Water type themed Hotel and Slaking Motel makes me think of touristy areas like Florida or Hawaii, and the palm trees in the concept art seems to add to that theory.

Great points. And let's not forget that the waterfall that goes upwards as mentioned in XY, and the Strange Souvenir, seem to be massive nods to Hawaii. Maybe...

storm12

Weather Bearer
That will get a lot of old-school fans back into Pokemon, like a lot of commenters have said on Kotaku's page. Being able to transfer the Pokemon you caught into Sun/Moon will add a lot of motivation for old-schoolers to revisit RBY and not feel like they're wasting time. It's definitely a really cool thing, and totally a selling factor, whether or not you are capable of seeing things from other's perspectives.

Okay so it has some nostalgic value and is another game freak attempt at reclaiming older fans. I personally don't think it's that massive but I won't continue to quash the hype of others. I have quite a hate for nostalgia pandering though.

ebevan91

So can we now start to expect new information to come in via CoroCoro in 2-3 weeks?

Tuoko

Onwards to Generation 7!

BCVM22

So can we now start to expect new information to come in via CoroCoro in 2-3 weeks?

You can expect it. It won't necessarily be the case for March, though. I think it's more accurate to say that as we start to get deeper in the year, the chances are better and better that the Corocoro spreads will focus on Sun and Moon.

Mr. Wario

Treasure hunter.
Hmm, a bit of a disappointing reveal. Then again, I'm not too terribly surprised; Game Freak loves to drip-feed information on Pokemon games, and considering that Nintendo seems to be determined to stay tight lipped about certain projects until E3, I imagine that's probably where we'll see anything of great importance for these games. Oh well, I'm still super hyped and can't wait until release! :)

The biggest question, though, is what generation does this fall under? My best guess is that this is Gen 7, but I guess time will tell.

Ulicies

Mild Monk

As Wulava said, Masuda is going to appear at E3, so we can expect the biggest informational reveal in June. We might get small teases in CoroCoro until then, though.

Nockturne

I assume this is the region the guy from the Kalos hotels is talking about, and so maybe the Strange Souvenir will be worth revisiting for the theorists out there.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Well this is probably going to make 6th gen everyones least favorite generation now just because if how short it is, unless they tie into it somehow...

Gen 5 is just as short, but yeah, Gen 5 at least has no loose ends. Meanwhile, unless Sun/Moon brought us something, Gen 6 will remain as the only unfinished generation.....

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Just how B2/W2 had new protags, new locations, new characters, and a new adventure?

It wasn't a new world though, just a few new added areas, and no new pokemon at all, and a similar adventures to BW1. The site says NEW pokemon, NEW adventures, NEW world. That is not just Z or x2/y2.

AceTrainerBen

Just how B2/W2 had new protags, new locations, new characters, and a new adventure?

exactly! hgss+bw2 both introduced new pokemon/formes and new locations etc.

they weren't new generations, by that standard....

Akashin

Again, we don't know any of that for certain, As long as we finish all the loose end in kalos I think we're good.

But, I'm not going by my standards, I'm following the standard set by the past 20 years, and even then we'll have to see.

I'm not in denial like someone said, it's just annoying people stating speculation as fact.

Which part don't we know? We know that it's a new world, story, and has new Pokemon; that's not speculation.

Neither is it speculation that this is a new Gen. Even if we take it to be 6.5, well, that's strictly speaking still a new Gen. Just a weird half-Gen of sorts.

So pseudo nostalgia. Great.

...No, that's pretty much exactly what nostalgia is.

If you don't care about any of that, that's all well and good (I don't either, frankly; I'm still on the fence on getting any of the VC releases in the first place). But I'm not sure why it's hard to get why people would be excited about that.

Just how B2/W2 had new protags, new locations, new characters, and a new adventure right?

And yet, no new Pokemon (Formes aside, obviously). If it had, yes, I would be saying BW2 were a new Gen of sorts too.

And they were still in the same world, just an expanded one. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

Last edited:

psyrose3

A lot of this concept art kinda reminds me of Colosseum/Gale of Darkness. Rounder Pokemon Center, lots of vehicle models, a city strangely reminiscent of Phenac.

I know it's wishful thinking, considering the inexplicable unknown bird, but this is early, early speculation. I'm looking forward to seeing more details as they come.

Mokepon22

Well this is probably going to make 6th gen everyones least favorite generation now just because if how short it is, unless they tie into it somehow...

Couldn't agree more

One thing is for certain these games will be N3DS enhanced so hopefully no more FR drops and that's enough to keep me excited :D

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Alright, whatever. Gen VII it is.

It still doesn't sit right with me that they hyped up Zygarde for nothing and left all those loose ends in X/Y untied (and I don't think some paltry post-game content like the Delta Episode in ORAS will be able to do it all justice), but oh well. It is what it is. I give up understanding how GF thinks anymore.

You're saying that with literally breadcrumbs of info on Sun and Moon. At least wait past an hour since the announcement to make rash judgements, we literally haven't a clue what this means for Zygarde and the other loose ends of Kalos just yet.

Chimchar15

New generation absolutely confirmed by the main site.

New graphics, new style, new Pokémon, new region, new story.

This is the 7th generation, period.

Exactly this there's no other way of putting it. I've been thinking since late last year that we might have been getting gen 7 earlier than expected and with Magearna all I needed was this to confirm my suspicions.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
exactly! hgss+bw2 both introduced new pokemon/formes and new locations etc.

they weren't new generations, by that standard....

You're being unnecessarily stubborn. Literally everything is new in Sun and Moon. Not just a couple cherry-picking things here and there. New everything=new generation.

jake279

Ice Master
Personally I'm glad it's a new generation. I loved Kalos but I'm ready for something completely new.

As for Pokemon Z, the 3DS is capable of downloadable content yes? (I could be wrong?). What if instead of a whole new game for pokemon Z they release an Pokemon XY update called Pokemon Z that you have to pay to download (download only, no physical game) and it gives new areas and formes for Zygarde and stuff like that for the pokemon XY game that you already own? The new Nintendo systems really don't require whole new games being released for this type of stuff anymore.