• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Please take discussion/speculation (latter in particular) into the new section for Pokemon Sun and Moon.

[Yes, it is labelled as a gen 7 forum atm. It's not confirmation it is gen 7, unless Joe knows more. It's in there for now.]

I know we have to move all discussion there, but I would point out that it's confirmed to be a new generation. The official press release from Nintendo/TPCi explicitly states so:

Newest Generation of Pokémon Core Series Games coming to Nintendo 3DS Late 2016

No ifs, no buts, no coconuts!

Xuxuba

Maybe Brasil? I mean the games, tropical and someone has stated mobile Pokemon center. I don't know, just speculating. :D

But it definitely is 7th gen. ;)

Well, Nintendo is not bringing their games to Brazil anymore because of the taxes and now brazilian people have to import from countries like Paraguai. Considering that Brazil used to have a really large Nintendo fanbase before that happened, maybe that is a way of making them still buy the game despite the absurd price of the games.
I do not think that is true though, i think they would rather please countries that still receive their games directly, because there is more chances of them buying their game. Pokémon sales are going to drop though, since Brazil is the 11th highest grossing country in the world in terms of game revenues and importing Nintendo games to Brazil is really expensive, so a lot of brazilian people are giving up on Nintendo.

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I know we have to move all discussion there, but I would point out that it's confirmed to be a new generation. The official press release from Nintendo/TPCi explicitly states so:
Link please? Only looked at the pokemon website for that sort of thing. Not doubting you, I just want to look at all the info. That said, sleep will be good for me as well.

Eh. This Gen 6.5 VS Gen VII thing is giving me ORAS Battle Frontier flashbacks. Regardless of the evidence presented, people will cling to their hopes until the games are released (or even after, "They're totally gonna add Kalos to SuMo as DLC, and that means this is Gen 6.5!")

Douliekmudkipz

The materials released so far indicate that the way to get your Pokemon from ORAS and XY into Sun/Moon is through the Pokemon Bank, which is going to be updated. That suggests to me that trading between ORAS or XY into Sun/Moon is not possible. I understand that they didn't specifically say you cannot trade, but it's not unreasonable to conclude that you cannot trade between XY/ORAS and Sun/Moon. Otherwise, why go out of your way to mention Pokemon Bank in relation to XY/ORAS and Sun/Moon? If we're meant to think that Sun/Moon are the same generation as the current 3DS games, it would be understood that you'd just trade between versions as always. Having to go through the bank clearly indicates incompatibility between versions. That, on top of all the other clues, indicates that this is a new generation.

Now, I'm curious what this means for Pokemon Bank in relation to XY/ORAS. Once they do the Pokemon Bank update, will we be able to move mons from the bank to XY/ORAS? Or do they become next gen mons if they're in the account after the update? Will we then be forced to use Pokemon Transporter to upload Gen 6 Pokemon into the bank after the update? In the past, the move of your old mons to the new gen games was a one-way trip. Even with Pokemon Bank, I'm guessing that will still be the case--though that's just a guess.

I'm brazilian, i would be very happy if it was but tropical climate doesn't means too much since we had it in Kalos, and lol what about the desert in the middle of Kyushu (Hoenn) and one in middle of New York. They can put a snowy area near a sandstorm area if they want.

One thing I'd like to mention is that the Pokemon from Red, Blue, and Yellow cannot be transferred to X, Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire, only Sun and Moon. I think this adds to the almost confirmed theory that Sun and Moon really are a new generation.

Haunter ゴースト

So gutted there isn't a Pokemon Z. Kalos was rich and could have had an awesome story involving Zygarde.

Now the Pokemon franchise feels messy. No third version...? Hmm, very annoyed.

So gutted there isn't a Pokemon Z. Kalos was rich and could have had an awesome story involving Zygarde.

Now the Pokemon franchise feels messy. No third version...? Hmm, very annoyed.
We can't say we wont have Kalos plot-story continuation, they just revealed the logos, we don't know if we will get Kalos on new games or if we won't. It all depends on GF creativity.

Darkraid

The Starter Lover
People are speculating that new world could be based on Southeast Asia.

Here is the hotel vs Raffles Hotel in Singapore.

12745412_961155197299897_3421867236694541312_n.jpg

AceTrainerBen

Serebii just confirmed it on Facebook.

just throwing this out there, serebii isn't the pokmeon company so they know as much as us at this point....

but I'm done with this debate for the time being, it's a waiting game for now.

XXD17

Draco rex
People are speculating that new world could be based on Southeast Asia.

Here is the hotel vs Raffles Hotel in Singapore.

View attachment 15280

That is pretty on point. I know 'mon =\= region, but the new bird 'mon might suggest a possible South American basis as well. Either way, it will probably be tropical. So dolphin 'mon please?

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I've been hearing a few people mention this theory that X/Y and S/M will be connected regions just like Kanto and Johto. Seeing the concept art and despite a new design of the Pokemon Center, Sun & Moon might connect to X/Y.
Is it possible that Sun & Moon will be based in Europe and that we'll be able to revisit Kalos again, just like we can with Johto and Kanto in S/G/C, and HG/SS.

Torpoleon

We can't say we wont have Kalos plot-story continuation, they just revealed the logos, we don't know if we will get Kalos on new games or if we won't. It all depends on GF creativity.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind a return trip to Kalos in the new game, though I can't say I'd be too surprised if the new Zygarde forms and Ash-Greninja didn't appear in the main games. It was easier for them to appear in the likes of Pokémon Picross than the main games anyways, in my opinion.

LePetitMeow

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a return trip to Kalos in the new game, though I can't say I'd be too surprised if the new Zygarde forms and Ash-Greninja didn't appear in the main games. It was easier for them to appear in the likes of Pokémon Picross than the main games anyways, in my opinion.

This is my sentiment. The feasibility of incorporating the formes has me questioning their presence in the main games.

I know we've received the height, typing, etc. information for the forms, and short descriptions, but they haven't been seen outside of the anime otherwise. Plus, they were revealed alongside Ash-Greninja, which obviously would have to be renamed for the main games. However, Ash-Greninja (if I remember correctly for the leaks), was stated to be anime-only. Otherwise we should have been introduced to a Chesnaught and Delphox of similar form changes.

And for the Zygarde formes, how does one get a core in the main games? Does it take a spot in your party? Is it an item? Same with the cells; do they have to be collected like items, and are scattered? What happens if you don't pick them up in the game? How does 10% Zygarde get formed and used in battle? Is it like an evolution of sorts? Or is it a temporary form like a mega-evolution and Hoopa Unbound?

Forgive me, but having all of these Zygarde parts being used in the main games are CORE elements of the story seems less and less likely the more I think about it and ponder the logical incorporation of them into Sun and Moon or otherwise.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
just throwing this out there, serebii isn't the pokmeon company so they know as much as us at this point....

but I'm done with this debate for the time being, it's a waiting game for now.
While I agree, that Serebii isn't Pokémon company. There are a few things that stand out.. The Bird Pokémon stands out, It doesn't look like any Pokémon we've seen before. Magearna could well be a "Lucario" or a "Victini" of Gen 7.

Well, I think we may know more on March 14 at 4PM PT ... http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/catch-em-all-pokemon-go-and-real-world-gaming

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
While I agree, that Serebii isn't Pokémon company. There are a few things that stand out.. The Bird Pokémon stands out, It doesn't look like any Pokémon we've seen before. Magearna could well be a "Lucario" or a "Victini" of Gen 7.

It's no Lucario. Magearna is a Mythical Pokémon.