• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It's the news thread, what else should it be used for if not reacting to news?
Okay, but you're reacting with saying things like that "people are sheep" and "we need to teach them a lesson", yet you guys complaining are still going to be sheep by getting the games and you aren't teaching any lesson by complaining on a forum.

I will though. They lied and companies that lie can't be respected.

They didn't lie, they said exactly what they'd do and did it, it was your own over excitement at fault.

It's the news thread, what else should it be used for if not reacting to news?

There's a difference from offering an opinion and misaimed complaining at the inevitable.

I didnt expect anything other than what they said they were gonna give out.

Which they did.

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
Speculating based on NOTHING is not fun. It's pointless. Because when people post things like "my guess is starters next month and this and that", they ACTUALLY expect that, so when they get nothing, they get mad/frustated. Look at some other people, like me. I don't feel anything toward CoroCoro or GF. I saw Serebrii's update, said "ok, cool" and came here to see people being whiny and complaining that they know nothing about a game that's still about 8 months away.

You think the "don't expect anything" is a "bad" mentality? It's HEALTHY. STOP THE MADNESS.

phanpycross

God-king
They didn't lie, they said exactly what they'd do and did it, it was your own over excitement at fault.

There's a difference from offering an opinion and misaimed complaining at the inevitable.

Which they did.
They didnt.

They didnt give out any new S&M info, the Magerna info was for the movie, so they said something and didnt deliver.

I dont get why it's hard to understand that people would be mad.

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot
Let's be honest here, people. Every Corocoro leak we modeled our expectations upon has always been the Summer periods. Expecting that level of coverage around any other month almost always fails.

Just have hope (or rather, I guess, slim hope) that when coverages DOES start, we DO gain something after it gets going. Maybe not loads, but something. :x

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
They didnt.

They didnt give out any new S&M info, the Magerna info was for the movie, so they said something and didnt deliver.

They gave magearna's typing, that is officially new info about a sun and moon pokemon.

Xuxuba

Except that Corocoro is not like Pokenchi and it's predecessors. They actually reveal important stuff when they say they will and even when they don't reveal much, it still is way more than what we received today.

No one is talking about boycotting Sun & Moon or anything like that. Besides, what they do with their money is their business. They just thought that advertisement was false and they want to speak what they think. You don't need to be able to do something about it just to comment about the subject.

I also didn't expect much, but that doesn't mean i'm better than anyone else.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
CoroCoro said:
next month's issue of CoroCoro will provide a huge scoop on Pokémon Sun & Moon.

Okay, whatever you say, abusive relationship.

At this point I hope we get marginal info and we go in blind.

Supersonicbro

Speculating based on NOTHING is not fun. It's pointless. Because when people post things like "my guess is starters next month and this and that", they ACTUALLY expect that, so when they get nothing, they get mad/frustated. Look at some other people, like me. I don't feel anything toward CoroCoro or GF. I saw Serebrii's update, said "ok, cool" and came here to see people being whiny and complaining that they know nothing about a game that's still about 8 months away.

You think the "don't expect anything" is a "bad" mentality? It's HEALTHY. STOP THE MADNESS.

Nah i don't think speculation is the factor in whether or not people will be upset. I was one of the ones thinking thar we'd get at least starters due to the patterns from the past. And this was a shock but then i thought about it, why are they keeping it so secret? They've never done this before. They usually announce a game through corocoro or have some info on it without needing to have a "next month we'll have info on it" page. The fact that they're not showing anything, 3 months after the reveal is very interesting.

Plus I'm kinda glad they won't spoil most of the game before we get it.

So it is all about the person's mindset. Not whether or not they speculated. And the same thing goes for the "don't expect anything" crowd. If they're saying this because they were upset in the beginning and then decided to "never expect anything again", that's like a kid not getting what he wants for his birthday and never asking for anything ever again because of it.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Except that Corocoro is not like Pokenchi and it's predecessors. They actually reveal important stuff when they say they will and even when they don't reveal much, it still is way more than what we received today.

No one is talking about boycotting Sun & Moon or anything like that. Besides, what they do with their money is their business. They just thought that advertisement was false and they want to speak what they think. You don't need to be able to do something about it just to comment about the subject.

I also didn't expect much, but that doesn't mean i'm better than anyone else.

You can comment on it, but people are now saying that people that arent pissed about it are sheep and that gamefreak needs to be tought a lesson and things like that.

Ajduk

So you will boycott sun and moon then?

I probably will. First no BF in ORAS and now this. I'm still interested in the games but
if we don't get mega evolutions or pokemon start fusing with humans or next to none
postgame content then I'll skip this gen.
I've skipped gens 4 and 5 too.
Sadly companies won't listen unless you boycott :/ this was a dick move from GF.

Boycott or no, people have the right to express themselves.

Xuxuba

You can comment on it, but people are now saying that people that arent pissed about it are sheep and that gamefreak needs to be tought a lesson and things like that.
People?
You mean, one person after someone else called him a whiny brat.

They didnt.

Magearna is in Sun and Moon, and it's not like the anime cares about types anyway.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
People?
You mean, one person after someone else called him a whiny brat.

There were was someone else too. That's the point though. You made your post about being annoyed about this, then move on. You dont need to make 10 pages worth of posts rehashing the same things about why corocoro and gamefreak are mean bad trolls.

Red and Blue

Yeah Magearna`s type was painfully obvious so it being confirmed here wasn't really that shocking. Also if they`re going to show the box art, why not show silhouettes of the legendaries

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Yeah Magearna`s type was painfully obvious so it being confirmed here wasn't really that shocking. Also if they`re going to show the box art, why not show silhouettes of the legendaries

Because they're not ready to do so?

Besides, the majority said they didn't want spoiled after Gen VI, but then they get what they want and they moan about it? Calm it, wannabe Sonic fandom.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Lol @ people arguing about the amount of news when I'm just happy to see that we're finally getting a purple box art.

Yea on that note, I like it too. I like both purple and orange, so at least for colors these might be my favorite boxarts. I hope the moon lenegdary is actually purple too.