• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Fusions are already in the game of Black/White Kyurem, and it'll most likely only come from Pokemon that are split from eachother in the first place.

As long as the fusion doesn't include the trainer. Then we'll have a problem.

It depends on the extent of the fusion. If it's like Ash-Greninja where Smogonfrog only takes traits of Ash, and they don't physically fuse, then I'm okay with it, and I'm pretty sure it won't bother the majority of people. But if it's ReBurst style, then yeah, that'll just be ewwwww :s

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
It depends on the extent of the fusion. If it's like Ash-Greninja where Smogonfrog only takes traits of Ash, and they don't physically fuse, then I'm okay with it, and I'm pretty sure it won't bother the majority of people. But if it's ReBurst style, then yeah, that'll just be ewwwww :s

What was "ReBurst" style? Honestly imo human-pokémon fusions would be a lot easier to swallow if they don't impact the monster's design. That's honestly my only real concern. If every single pokemon takes on a different appearance depending on which trainer it fuses with, then there could technically canonically be an infinite amount of different forms per 'mon. Which would instantly open the floodgates for endless shitty OCish fanmade re-designs in this series as well, without any sort of canon rules or limitations to control them.

Which is something I'd definitely rather not have to witness.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

knightwolf09

I still think the Ash-Greninja thing is still highly possible for sun and moon. The fact that this came out during the final arc of Kalos really screams that it's a preview for what's to come.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I still think the Ash-Greninja thing is still highly possible for sun and moon. The fact that this came out during the final arc of Kalos really screams that it's a preview for what's to come.

Well we have to consider what the anime said about Ash's Greninja in that it is special than the other Greninja. There is a folklore that is loosely based on it. This was revealed in the two part episode of "A Festival of Decisions." I don't think the new games will tie in with the folklore that is that unless it is actually Mega Evolution in a different manner (like Mewtwo in the Pokémon Movie with Genesect).

There has been no news about Ash Greninja, not even stats!

Tuoko

What if we get the mascot Legendaries shown this week?

Something to consider is that it's Golden Week in Japan, which is the largest holiday period. It's usually when companies expect the most sales outside of the holidays.

ORAS was revealed during Golden Week 2014. The mascots haven't been revealed in CoroCoro since Dialga & Palkia, and CoroCoro did say we'll get a "big announcement" in May with no mention of it being in the issue, so it isn't much of a stretch.

Watch as that doesn't happen.

The mascots haven't been revealed in CoroCoro since Dialga & Palkia, and CoroCoro did say we'll get a "big announcement" in May with no mention of it being in the issue, so it isn't much of a stretch.

Watch as that doesn't happen.

It's pretty obviously implied it'll be in CoroCoro, why would they advertise an external source when they could just as easily be the bringer of news?

knightwolf09

Well we have to consider what the anime said about Ash's Greninja in that it is special than the other Greninja. There is a folklore that is loosely based on it. This was revealed in the two part episode of "A Festival of Decisions." I don't think the new games will tie in with the folklore that is that unless it is actually Mega Evolution in a different manner (like Mewtwo in the Pokémon Movie with Genesect).

Well yeah, Ash-Greninja and it's lore in Kalos is anime exclusive, since he takes the shape of Ash, an anime exclusive character. I just mostly meant his method of transformation is what we might be seeing. And I can see GF making something like that, whether it's another form of ME or something else entirely.

Tuoko

It's pretty obviously implied it'll be in CoroCoro, why would they advertise an external source when they could just as easily be the bringer of news?

Well, the Legendary mascots don't have to be the only news for it, they can include screenshots, the obvious boxarts, and possibly the PCs & starters.

Well, the Legendary mascots don't have to be the only news for it, they can include screenshots, the obvious boxarts, and possibly the PCs & starters.

I definitely think there will be news, but it'll either be the mascots (they were what was obscured after all) or other Pokemon that aren't the starters, like Zorua & Zoruark. Probably with the announcement they'll appear in the anime soon. Gameplay and starters just seem too much like an E3 thing at this point.

Well, remember, the anime and main series games don't exactly take place in the same world, so what's true in one isn't necessarily true in another.

As in, Ash Greninja could be only the second of its kind in the anime world, and could be the next massive thing in the games, as with ME, before expansion in the TV show.

knightwolf09

Well, remember, the anime and main series games don't exactly take place in the same world, so what's true in one isn't necessarily true in another.

As in, Ash Greninja could be only the second of its kind in the anime world, and could be the next massive thing in the games, as with ME, before expansion in the TV show.

So like it's something rare in Kalos, but very common in another region like ME?

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I definitely think there will be news, but it'll either be the mascots (they were what was obscured after all) or other Pokemon that aren't the starters, like Zorua & Zoruark. Probably with the announcement they'll appear in the anime soon. Gameplay and starters just seem too much like an E3 thing at this point.

Gameplay maybe, but I doubt they'd put the starters off for that as they didn't reveal any major Pokémon for XY at E3. I feel that if they get anything non-Corocoro related, it'll be in a special trailer.

Last edited:
Gameplay maybe, but I doubt they'd put the starters off for that as they didn't reveal any major Pokémon for XY at E3. I feel that if they get anything non-Corocoro related, it'll be in a special trailer.

The thing is though, XY already had the starters revealed by that point due to the Pokemon Direct.

Nockturne

What was "ReBurst" style? Honestly imo human-pokémon fusions would be a lot easier to swallow if they don't impact the monster's design. That's honestly my only real concern. If every single pokemon takes on a different appearance depending on which trainer it fuses with, then there could technically canonically be an infinite amount of different forms per 'mon. Which would instantly open the floodgates for endless shitty OCish fanmade re-designs in this series as well, without any sort of canon rules or limitations to control them.

Which is something I'd definitely rather not have to witness.

This has always been my problem with it really, I don't see how it would function in further gens with new protagonists or if they keep customization.

Plus part of Ash-Greninja's gimmick is that Ash feels Greninja's pain which is cool in the anime because it can show Ash getting thrown about and injured. But I don't see how that would work in the turn based battles of the game, and considering the player character doesn't have a life bar of any kind. It just seems like such a big part of the fusion that just wouldn't translate atall into the games.

knightwolf09

This has always been my problem with it really, I don't see how it would function in further gens with new protagonists or if they keep customization.

Plus part of Ash-Greninja's gimmick is that Ash feels Greninja's pain which is cool in the anime because it can show Ash getting thrown about and injured. But I don't see how that would work in the turn based battles of the game, and considering the player character doesn't have a life bar of any kind. It just seems like such a big part of the fusion that just wouldn't translate atall into the games.

Simple answer. If the sychronized pokemon faints, the trainer faints, making it and instant loss of the battle.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
The thing is though, XY already had the starters revealed by that point due to the Pokemon Direct.

And that's the thing: They didn't use it for any major Pokémon. Not Sylveon, not the Legendaries, not the starters, not even to reveal Mega Evolution and/or forms for it (which would include Lucario, Blaziken or the like). Hell, they didn't even have the Kanto starters revealed for it or their Mega Evolutions, and that would've been a major announcement to draw hype from the older crowd watching the show.

My point is E3 doesn't seem to be the venue where GF reveals major Pokémon like that, they keep them separate of the event and reveal them on their own time. So I feel that the starters will follow the same mold, they'll be revealed either with the legendaries or in their own trailer.

Last edited: