• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

R_N

I just dont get why they wouldnt have it be a direct or livesstream then if it is a trailer. They would get way more people ready to watch if they called it a direct.

probably didn't want to put together a presentation, i guess?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Or, more likely, they didn't want to spend directs on small announcements like these.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Well then they could just stream it like the robin/lucina smash trailer. Not technically a direct, but still live.

How much Pokemon Directs has there been? Pretty sure there was a decently big gap between all of them. They probably don't just want a Direct so fast after the last one, and/or it's a decent amount of content but they can't pad it out with the whole 'all prior games' shtick like X/Y and the first S/M Direct.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
How much Pokemon Directs has there been? Pretty sure there was a decently big gap between all of them. They probably don't just want a Direct so fast after the last one, and/or it's a decent amount of content but they can't pad it out with the whole 'all prior games' shtick like X/Y and the first S/M Direct.

There have only been those two for pokemon, but bother were short. Like I said though, they could still livestream just the traier, which makes me think this won't be a trailer or they would say it.

Tuoko

There's been three, all which contained major news.

January 2013 - Pokémon X & Y
September 2013 - Mega Evolutions for the Kanto starters and Pokémon Bank/Transporter
February 2016 - Pokémon Sun & Moon and RGBY Pokémon are able to be sent to SM via Bank

I'd imagine the "all previous games" thing will only be reserved for the ones introducing a new generation. Same thing goes for the Pokémon Directs only being used for new generations.

R_N

Well then they could just stream it like the robin/lucina smash trailer. Not technically a direct, but still live.

that trailer wasn't even a live stream, it was the same thing as this iirc

a trailer put up on the website

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
that trailer wasn't even a live stream, it was the same thing as this iirc

a trailer put up on the website

But we don't even know if this is a trailer, what if they just upload the boxart on the site and that's it? And it was livestreamed, they had the stream setup and the trailer played right exactly at the time they said. Plus they said before hand officially it was a trailer.

R_N

But we don't even know if this is a trailer, what if they just upload the boxart on the site and that's it? And it was livestreamed, they had the stream setup and the trailer played right exactly at the time they said. Plus they said before hand officially it was a trailer.

on the other hand, the pokemon websites upload trailers on their own terms all the time

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot
Eh we'll see, I just hope people don't outrage if they only show the boxart and that's it.

People are actually setting their standards with it ending up akin to ORAS' reveal. i.e. Glimpse of Legends and Boxart only

Lower than that, and people would rage. :p

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
People are actually setting their standards with it ending up akin to ORAS' reveal. i.e. Glimpse of Legends and Boxart only

Lower than that, and people would rage. :p

Really? Everyone I see here is saying minimum it will be a trailer like the first xy reveal one with at least starters, legendaries, and gameplay.

Really? Everyone I see here is saying minimum it will be a trailer like the first xy reveal one with at least starters, legendaries, and gameplay.

Hopefully people get used to being disappointed by now though :p

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot

Well, outside here, that is. :p

I really think it's just going to be Box Legends and nothing more, which is still exciting. Anything more would be a treat, not a standard.

diakyu

The stars have aligned and people still think little is coming. Masuda doesn't hype things up for nothing. I will gladly accept any "I told you so" if I'm wrong.

I really think it's just going to be Box Legends and nothing more, which is still exciting. Anything more would be a treat, not a standard.
The standard set for mainline May news already tells me we're getting more though.

knightwolf09

I want to believe it's more than just boxarts, only because of the way they're hyping this up, and I mean REALLY hyping it up. Even Masuda is going so far as to hype us and make a countdown for this news. So if it was just boxart and that's it, not only will this not live up to that hype, but this would heavily backfire on Masuda with a tsunami of hate mail and rage. And I think he's smarter than that, so he definitely wants us to see something speacial and it might be a trailer with the basic starting info. Fingers crossed, don't screw this up Masuda, you can easily do so.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I fully agree that everything points towards a grand reveal of some sort. However, I still take the stance that we should expect next to nothing, as you never know what could happen. Remember, hope for the best, expect the worst.

Any reveal is still news though. I expect it to be big, and I definitely think there will be two new Pokemon, but I think everyone needs to be ready for their own hopes not being met. I mean hell, the response to last month's CoroCoro was scathing and hilarious when CoroCoro did exactly as they said they would.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Any reveal is still news though. I expect it to be big, and I definitely think there will be two new Pokemon, but I think everyone needs to be ready for their own hopes not being met. I mean hell, the response to last month's CoroCoro was scathing and hilarious when CoroCoro did exactly as they said they would.

Yea but masuda having a countdown and even telling people to make their own is what changes it. Corocoro is everyone's fault for misunderstanding, but this time the news is being hyped up. Like he is actually telling people to go out of their way to make a countdown and get ready for news coming tuesday at a specific time.

Yea but masuda having a countdown and even telling people to make their own is what changes it. Corocoro is everyone's fault for misunderstanding, but this time the news is being hyped up. Like he is actually telling people to go out of their way to make a countdown and get ready for news coming tuesday at a specific time.

I do think it'll be big news, but there's always some fans who kind of 'overhype' it and end up disappointed regardless of what happens :x