• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Xuxuba

I am not the type of person who gets hyped just from seeing a pokemon's design, so i really hope this time they will show some gameplay footage instead of just showing another new pokemon's design.

Actually, i would rather start the game having not seen most of the new mons, because it's way more fun to play the game without knowing what they will become when they evolve or what kind of creature i will find while traveling through the region.

Last edited:

Nockturne

Yeah I'm kind of the same way.

Like I could get kinda hyped over the starters but thats it. Version mascots etc don't really excite me at all and I'd rather have a better idea of if S/M will differ from X/Y visually in any significant way.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
If masuda mentions the youtube page, there is definitely some kind of trailer. There might not be gameplay but I qpuldnt be shocked if there is. Im kind of wprried though that je could be trolling and the video is just lile the oras one and all it has is just the boxart and official releae date.

Akashin

If masuda mentions the youtube page, there is definitely some kind of trailer. There might not be gameplay but I qpuldnt be shocked if there is. Im kind of wprried though that je could be trolling and the video is just lile the oras one and all it has is just the boxart and official releae date.

Is there any particular reason that Masuda's word inspires so little confidence, or are we just tempering expectations to an almost ridiculous extreme?

Master_Tyrell

I think April's corocoro got to people.

Because of over hype. Really, if Masuda is talking so much about it, CoroCoro mentioned a big scoop, there's no reason to feel like we will be trolled. People are like this because of their own fault. Also because of many YouTubers advertising the Pokenchi as having gameplay which was never mentioned.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Is there any particular reason that Masuda's word inspires so little confidence, or are we just tempering expectations to an almost ridiculous extreme?

I just feel like his and nintendo's versions of hyped things in general seem to be different definitions from a bunch of different things that happened.

diakyu

I just feel like his and nintendo's versions of hyped things in general seem to be different definitions from a bunch of different things that happened.
Well you should be happy that this isn't Nintendo then.

Just want to say.

Absolutely called it.

But don't get your hopes too high yet. This could literally just be a thirty second teaser containing the box art and release date.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Just want to say.

Absolutely called it.

But don't get your hopes too high yet. This could literally just be a thirty second teaser containing the box art and release date.

I'd be fine with that. I kinda want them to hold out on releasing information and gameplay for as long as they can.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I'd be fine with that. I kinda want them to hold out on releasing information and gameplay for as long as they can.

I don't want them to show as much as xy, but at the same time I think they have taken it pretty far with showing literally nothing. It's not a good thing to show absolutely nothing at all honestly either. Just show the starters, legendaries, and MC, region map, then a really small amount of other things until release. That's all I need.

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
"it will definitely be x"

It's like people don't remember February 26th. Everyone was expecting a trailer. Didn't happen. A video is just another way to convey information. It can literally be anything.

It's like people don't remember February 26th. Everyone was expecting a trailer. Didn't happen. A video is just another way to convey information. It can literally be anything.

Its almost like there was nothing promised on February 26th except a Direct, whilst it has been here.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Well people expected a trailer after the trademark leak. Before that we didnt even know for sure what it would be about other than the 20th anniversary. We know that this is officially news for sun and moon, and it's going to be a video. Put 2 and 2 together.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'll be fine with anything at all, no matter what it is if it means the Anime Spoilers section for SM can have the part removed from the title that says "Note: not confirmed as 7th gen yet".

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I'll be fine with anything at all, no matter what it is if it means the Anime Spoilers section for SM can have the part removed from the title that says "Note: not confirmed as 7th gen yet".

It is gen 7 so that should be changed, the main site calls it gen 7.

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot

I'm actually a little sadden that this counts as trolling.

That's legit info, man.