• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Aetius

I thought that they would make the announcement while I was sleeping, but since I misread the time, I just know realized that I will be able to see it anyway. LOL
I'm such a baka! XD

Ajduk

Since it will be in a video format it is safe to assume that we will get a gameplay trailer.
Can't wait to see it being blown out of proportions with people hyping random ingame locations with no meaning
like forests or cave (yes, this happened with X and Y as well).
What I do want is the confirmation of the only thing that matters (in my opinion) which is: will there be mega evolutions
or will they make them a gen 6 exclusive thing?

Gohankuten

So do we have word yet on where we can watch the video in english when it comes out.

Since it will be in a video format it is safe to assume that we will get a gameplay trailer.
Can't wait to see it being blown out of proportions with people hyping random ingame locations with no meaning
like forests or cave (yes, this happened with X and Y as well).
What I do want is the confirmation of the only thing that matters (in my opinion) which is: will there be mega evolutions
or will they make them a gen 6 exclusive thing?

There has to be megas they put too much work into them not to have them included from here on in generations.

Ajduk

So do we have word yet on where we can watch the video in english when it comes out.

There has to be megas they put too much work into them not to have them included from here on in generations.

I don't know, they made gen 6, especially ORAS, seem like a different universe/reality. That is a perfect excuse for them to
use if they decide to remove megas. Besides, they've made some weird calls in the past (no more pokemon following you
around and the GENIUS idea to remove Battle Frontier from ORAS). I'm not saying that they will remove megas, but
don't drop your guard just yet.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I don't know, they made gen 6, especially ORAS, seem like a different universe/reality. That is a perfect excuse for them to
use if they decide to remove megas. Besides, they've made some weird calls in the past (no more pokemon following you
around and the GENIUS idea to remove Battle Frontier from ORAS). I'm not saying that they will remove megas, but

But pokemon following you and the battle frontier are more minor features that don't change the overall game as much. While megas was a major change to how the game is actually played. i don't see them ever getting rid of megas.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
They really can't get rid of megas at this point. It became a part of meta game and would just make no sense at all to take out. Im not sure if it will be as important in the story for sun and moon or not, but there's also the fact that we don't know fi there will be maybe even some new version or something added to megas.

ArtFenix

People seem to forget that we still don't know what exactly Ash Greninja is. Sure, they may just reveal that it's a normal mega but why make its design after Ash if it's going to appear in the games too? Then, what's the point in not telling us what it is if it's just a normal mega and if it is, again, why does it look a lot like Ash? Ash Greninja wil likely stay anime-exclusive but the concept itself might appear in Sun/Moon, if there IS a difference between that and usual mega evolution.

I mean, I don't think megas are going anywhere. xD

Nockturne

I think the multiverse thing was more away of them making it seem like everything before Gen 6 wasn't totally redundant and reconciling the concept of remakes in the real world with a sort of coherent in universe timeline. Removing the battle frontier was peculiar but removing walking Pokémon makes a lot of sense (it was only in HG/SS to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of Yellow) especially considering the switch to full 3D. I'm usually a proponent of the nothing is confirmed till its confirmed mentality but there is no way they are getting rid of Mega's.

I mean just think of all the extra Mega merch they've been able to churn out.

Akashin

They say, "the major announcement the world has been waiting for is coming in May". In May, not in the next issue. This is why I assumed we were getting something before corocoro.

Ah, I hadn't heard anything about that. Still, I'd be inclined to say they're specifically talking about their own magazine and not information from another channel, as is their way.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

No. We don't. We are just assuming that it will pop up in the Youtube channel. We only know the whereabouts of Japanese Youtube.

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot
-Wakes up
-Still no leaks

I have to hand it to TPCi and GameFreak, even if it does in the few hour span we have, them beating CoroCoro is pretty neat. I would not be mad in the slightest if they start doing this often. But anyways, he's my sort of "Hypu Level" chart (even though I would take anything):

-Realistically: Shows something completely retroactive (Ash Greninja in the new engine, giving us something to ponder on what exactly it is)--ORAS Reveal Teaser (We just see the Legends animated, and nothing more--but we'll see more awesome Gen 7 Pokemon)--Something out-of-leftfield or minor

-Optimistically: XY Reveal Teaser (PCs, Starters, first look at the overworld and hints of the Region--we also get the Legends in 3D)

-Pessimistically: This is a announcement about the 20 Years of Pokemon again and telling us to look forward to such (i.e. NOTHIIIIING--but we'll never get this, as, I doubt CoroCoro has scans of dynamic shots of Masuda talking :p)

Whatever it is, I'm interested.

storm12

Weather Bearer
But pokemon following you and the battle frontier are more minor features that don't change the overall game as much. While megas was a major change to how the game is actually played. i don't see them ever getting rid of megas.

Battle frontier adds on masses of reply value to the game and allowed many pokemon who are often overlooked a chance to shine.

I guess they really dont care about playability decay if they are moving onto annual release schedules

Xuxuba

My guess is that Moon's legendary is a Flying/Fairy, because it's name has wing on it and fairies are usually associated with the Moon.
Regarding Sun's mascot, i guess it might be a pure Fire type, because it's the only type that should be associated with the Sun.

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
My guess is that Moon's legendary is a Flying/Fairy, because it's name has wing on it and fairies are usually associated with the Moon.
Regarding Sun's mascot, i guess it might be a pure Fire type, because it's the only type that should be associated with the Sun.

where did you even see the name of the legendary?