• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Genos

The Indigo Disk

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Thank goodness we've actually got something substantial now! Starters, box legend designs, protagonist designs (and at least some form of customisation) and a good look at the region. Yep, can definitely start talking about this game properly now.

My bro wanted Moon from the start and the bat thingy definitely solidified that, so looks like I'm getting Sun. Not that I care. I'm generally neutral to the box Legendaries anyway (I think Lugia's the only one I more than mildly like), and this gen doesn't appear to be much of an exception.

I knew right from the thumbnail that Rowlet would be my starter though. So cute, with that little bow tie and it does the head spin as well! If my initial impressions are any hint as with Snivy and Fennekin, then Rowlet will have the final form I like best as well (think I'm one of the few not to jump ship like that). My bro's currently thinking of Rowlet as well (which would be the first time the two of use share a starter), though depending on what the evolutions are like he might swap to Popplio. Speaking of which, kinda neutral on the other two. They look okay but a little too plain.

Edit: Don't care about waiting 5 days more as well. That's pretty normal for Europe to get it a bit later (maybe because of translation, or just different release days - Friday instead of Saturday) and it's not that much of a wait.

Swagga09

Grass flying? Flying does absolutely nothing for grass types except give it more weaknesses.

Aetius

Short end of the stick? The game is still being released there.

I didn't want to come out as a ranting brat, I just wanted to know the reason for that.
5 more days do not make any difference to me really, but to hear worldwide release and see that only Europe doesn't get it on the same day, irks me..

Does anyone think the region looks a bit small compared to what we've had in the past 6 gens?

Most people are thinking it's one island, as Hawaii is a collection of islands ^_^

Grass flying? Flying does absolutely nothing for grass types except give it more weaknesses.

And? In-game, it doesn't really matter, pretty much every Pokemon is viable. Except Unown. We don't speak of Unown :s

Good grief the starter avatars are everywhere. Happens every time the gen starters are announced.

Yup! To be fair, can you blame us all? :>

just wait until trailerbirb tho then im jumping ship

Swagga09

Most people are thinking it's one island, as Hawaii is a collection of islands ^_^

And? In-game, it doesn't really matter, pretty much every Pokemon is viable. Except Unown. We don't speak of Unown :s
In game ice beams still exist lol, I just wish it was pure grass. Oh well.

Finally got around to seeing the trailer after college, and I must say, I'm impressed.

Main series Pokémon game meets Zelda over world sort of deal? I'm in.
Legendaries? Love, especially Sun's, though the dream catcher style for Moon's is pretty cool. I think Fire is a given for Sun and Dark or Ghost for Moon?
Starters? Actually...meh. Litten is probably my favourite, and that's strange considering I haven't started with a Fire type since Gen II.
Love that customisation could be returning, love that the community as a whole came together and pretty much figured out that this is a Hawaiian region (something I happily contributed evidence to!). Find it strange that the globe at the start clearly shows a South America type of continent - perhaps the Pokémon world really is much more similar to ours than they had made out with earlier global renditions. Region seems atypically small, so a return to Kalos or island-hopping COULD be on the cards, though it's definitely possible that they're just showing us one piece at a time in this case.

Until Pokémon gives an official, on the books reason as to the delay for the European release, I'll be very annoyed, though. First ORAS, now SM? And no reason why? Come on guys, that's a bit silly.

You just saw a bird's eye view of a town and a city. We haven't seen the whole place yet.

Mentioned this elsewhere, but I agree, I'm sure that's not the entire island.
Even if it is, island hopping is still possible, as is travelling to another region; the island is definitely not the entire region (from what we've seen). So yeah. Totally agreed!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Hopefully they unveil all evolutions for these starters at some point. I want to see the evolutions before I decide what starter I want. I've always been like that lol.