• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
In all fairness, we don't actually see where Unova would be situated, but I do get your point, and I've made it elsewhere; there would have to be some differences to account for things such as that.

You can just see the edge of it. Regardless, I feel like shifts in size like that would have a ripple effect on the rest of the world, causing it to look completely different. There may be equivalent locations, but I don't think the map itself looks anything like the Earth's.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
That was worth the wait, so glad we finally have some information, a neat selection of starters, I'm not overly fussed, but they're definitely not bad at all. I'm holding out for the final evolutions but for me its either Litten or Popplio.

I managed to check and watch the video on mute in work today, took my class to the computer room and got them to do some animations whilst I 'checked my emails'. Took a fair few attempts as I had to keep pausing and minimising it since I was constantly being called by my pupils for help. If only they knew I was trying to find out pokemon news.

I'm going with Sun version though, and pretty glad the region is based off Hawaii.

Haven't seen it mentioned, but it's not like anyone had any doubts about it anyway, especially once you consider the titles of the games.

The day/night cycle seems to be confirmed to return (this used to be a much bigger deal..)

DotKU

Champion
Except for Rowlett I wasn't that impressed with the other starters, but I'm starting to warm up to them. Tho those legendaries are gonna take a pit more time. We can finally see the opponents in battle now! Thank goodness they kept customization, looks like its here to stay for the series!Tho the region kind of looks small, I wonder if its cuz there will be islands (Maybe regions) to travel to.

#TeamRowlett #PokemonMoon

TheEliteEmpoleon

Finally got around to watching the video and I'm very happy with it. I like Sun's mascot a lot more than Moon's. As for the starters, Popplio and Rowlet both look great and Litten leaves a little to be desired for me. Definitely going with Popplio in Sun, and Rowlet in Moon. Also, it's nice to see customization back.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
OK, the trailer. My thoughts.

Thought the first: We got everything I was anticipating and then some- starters, version mascots, and some gameplay footage is what I was expecting. What we got was all that, the region's name, and the exact release dates. Very, very pleased over here. :)

Thought the second: I LOVE LITTEN. I am picking it. It's decided. Like Tepig and Chespin before it, Litten is the starter of this bunch I took an immediate liking to, and if Tepig and Chespin are any indicators, Litten will not disappoint me as it evolves. Hoping for Fire/Poison, but as long as the evolved forms look as cool as Litten, I'll be fine with anything. Even Fire/Fighting. That's right, I said it.

Thought the third: Those version mascots. Those alone make me lean a little towards Moon, but I'd like to withhold my final judgement until we got a little more insight on version exclusives- Skrelp is pretty much 90% of the reason Y was my main version, after all.

Thought the fourth: The Alola region. Hawaii. Freaking knew it. This is gonna be awesome.

Thought the fifth: Your character shows up in the battle outside of just sending out the Pokémon at the beginning. HELL. YES. Hoping we get to see them actually throw the Poké Ball when trying to catch a wild Pokémon. It'll be awesome

Thought the sixth: ...This year is gonna just crawl by.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
The trailer was nice. A Grass/Flying starter in basic stage is a nice surprise. The mascots look fantastic. Pretty decent news in my opinion. Love the other two starters too.

No-one seems to have mentioned it, so I may as well be the first.

What's everyone's take on the extremely prominent stones in the trailer? Definitely seems to lead the conclusion that this is indeed the region where the Strange Souvenir originally came from, but it's so bizarre that they're all over the place. Need to do some reading into it.

We see them on the winding path up towards the area where we receive our starter, and again in the background when we receive them. They appear to be a tribal painting of a spine and face mask...

phanpycross

God-king

What's everyone's take on the extremely prominent stones in the trailer? Definitely seems to lead the conclusion that this is indeed the region where the Strange Souvenir originally came from, but it's so bizarre that they're all over the place. Need to do some reading into it.

We see them on the winding path up towards the area where we receive our starter, and again in the background when we receive them. They appear to be a tribal painting of a spine and face mask...
Im guessing it's just to make the scenery more interesting, and since it's hawaii, you might as well use tikistones.

Im guessing it's just to make the scenery more interesting, and since it's hawaii, you might as well use tikistones.

Hmm, I guess. Seems atypically abundant nonetheless.

Also, I mentioned earlier that the staging area reminded me of something in Guardian Signs, and I finally figured out what.

The fake Rainbow Dais.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/71/Cocona_Village_Ranger3.png
http://i.imgur.com/267JaIPh.jpg

EDIT: totally messed up the attachment somehow. Whoops.

Attachments

• 267JaIPh.jpg
    267JaIPh.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 10

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Hmm, I guess. Seems atypically abundant nonetheless.

Also, I mentioned earlier that the staging area reminded me of something in Guardian Signs, and I finally figured out what.

The fake Rainbow Dais.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/71/Cocona_Village_Ranger3.png
http://i.imgur.com/267JaIPh.jpg

EDIT: totally messed up the attachment somehow. Whoops.
Interesting...

I really love Guardian Signs. It's a shame that my past mission's partner had his file erased.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend

I just thought of something. What if all the stones are placed around the region in order to protect it? From bad spirits maybe? Since the Strange Souvenir is the same kind of stone itself, maybe the people of Alola believe that the stones can protect them like the legendary that they portray. Also, maybe I'm just too interested in the "Marshadow" legend, but based on what was discussed on the forum, it could represent a kind of plague for the region, then it may make sense for the people to believe in the stones

ColdCarnage

The legendaries aren't that bad. Pokemon Sun legendary reminds me of a bigger version of Pyroar. The Moon legendary is really cool, one of the best legendary designs i've seen. The starters are good except for the water one. Its basically what oshawott should've been cause samurott is a sea lion. I think its not creative and it would be best if they redid it.

phanpycross

God-king
It'll probably be more along the lines of once people run out of things to say about the info from this video they'll start complaining about things we still don't know.

I guess that's true, Im just Feeling so goddamn refreshed, this is the first time since the announcement of Mega Salamence ehere Ive felt happy for this long.

ebevan91

Shiny Xerneas is now available in North America! I'm so glad because Xerneas is like my 2nd favorite mascot legend.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Shiny Xerneas is now available in North America! I'm so glad because Xerneas is like my 2nd favorite mascot legend.
Already!? Wow, it's not even the 11th yet... I'll probably pick it up tomorrow.

Littlemyuu

Well when I first saw the trailer I was like " Oh yes! Hawaii region!" I really hope they will use my name, since it is Hawaiian ( Maile )

When I first saw the starters I was pretty amazed, I squealed at Rowlet, I mean..that must be one of the cutest grass starter in my eye's! it will be my partner once I get my game
Litten, well I love cats so much, but I don't know what to think about this little one, I love how it looks. The eye's those are the only things that turn me off on little Litten. still really cute!
Popplio, sorry little guy when I first saw you I was like "ew.." but now I look at it more I go like "daww<3" I love all the starters, but Rowlet is still my number 1!

About the gameplay, I LOVE it that the trainers are not chibi anymore, and that you just see the trainer behind the Pokemon, that is just so amazing! I can't wait to explore Alola!
The legendaries are also pretty neat, I Love the lion, I don't know what to think about the bat/moth It has a mysterious look what made me like it a bit more.
I still take Moon so I can trade Pokemon with my fiance who takes sun ( damn the awesome Lion!)

ebevan91

I missed the rather bland Zygarde, but not this one.

*downloads it twice*

Wish I would've actually got the Zygarde so I don't have to trade or replay X to get another one. Oh well. But the Xerneas? I might reset one of my games and farm it.