• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Togedemaru is.. interesting, I think it's ment to be a porcupine??

Also Why did they name the obvious mosquito "cutiefly" <xD?
Dunno

Mosquitoes are certainly NOT cute. They're annoying.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I wonder if the whole trailer is just going to be showing all of these. Not what I was expecting at all honestly.

Aetius

And while I was asleep, we've got leaks.
Considerimg that they have been uploaded by an official source, I suppose they're the true thing.
I don't mind the new Pokemon, but some of them are not of my liking...
Gotta comment on all of them! :D

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I gotta admit though, nice to see the bug typing getting a bit of love this gen.

Yeah, it's a nice change of pace from us only getting the Scatterbug line in XY, hopefully they give us that bug eating caterpillar too.

Xuxuba

Prepeare to be annoyed. If serebii posts leaks they are most likely true.

I don't doubt that, i'm just holding on to the little chance of this being an elaborate hoax, because i really hate Charjabug. I never hated a pokemon so much in my life as i hate that fugly creature. Surely there'll be some fans who love that thing and will be annoyed by my comment, but idc, that thing is disgusting.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't doubt that, i'm just holding on to the little chance of this being an elaborate hoax, because i really hate Charjabug. I never hated a pokemon so much in my life as i hate that fugly creature. Surely there'll be some fans who love that thing and will be annoyed by my comment, but idc, that thing is disgusting.

Come on, anything's better than that fish. That thing is truly the face of nightmares.

I actually do like Charjabug. I think it's an interesting and unique take on the traditional cocoon Pokemon.

Hauke_von_Arding

Charjabug is most likely only the first evolution of Grubbin with Vikavolt as final evolution. So Charjabug is so useful as Kakuna or Metapod. So you don't have to care much about it.

Atlanta-hammy

Charjabug is most likely only the first evolution of Grubbin with Vikavolt as final evolution. So Charjabug is so useful as Kakuna or Metapod. So you don't have to care much about it.

I'm with you on this.. I.... Don't see where people are getting that cutiefly could even be related to Vikavolt an Charjabug... Like, at all.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm with you on this.. I.... Don't see where people are getting that cutiefly could even be related to Vikavolt an Charjabug... Like, at all.

Are people saying that? That makes no sense at all.

Atlanta-hammy

Are people saying that? That makes no sense at all.

Yeaah they are.
I mean it's clearly Grubbin's evo, the bug / electric typing, plus it's gotta pupa form, which is typically only for a line of 3 bugs going from worm to something with wings, (unless i'm forgetting one that isn't?) an cutiefly already has wings, also why would a mosquito turn into a beetle? and, well, it's the beetle, like the grub that grubbin is based on turns into... I mean it seems pretty obvious?

Last edited:

Xuxuba

Come on, anything's better than that fish. That thing is truly the face of nightmares.

I actually do like Charjabug. I think it's an interesting and unique take on the traditional cocoon Pokemon.
Well, at least the fish has some nice colors... I guess.
What's so unique about Charjabug though? I just see it as a block with an ugly face.

I hope so, although it's kind of sad that Grubbin will lose it's cuteness. I thought his design was quite simple, but cute nonetheless.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yeaah they are.
I mean it's clearly Grubbin's evo, the bug / electric typing, plus it's gotta pupa form, which is typically only for a line of 3 bugs (unless i'm forgetting one that isn't?) and, well, it's the beetle, like the grub that grubbin is based on turns into... I mean it seems pretty obvious?

Not to mention the fact that Charjabug looks extremely similar to Grubbin.

What's so unique about Charjabug though? I just see it as a block with an ugly face.

Because rather than being some basic cocoon, it's some sort of tank/taser thing.