• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

KillerDraco

So I guess the Steel nerf last Gen wasn't enough. lol. Corrosion sounds disgusting. Although its pretty cool conceptually.

Now we play the waiting game to see who all gets it.

Well, if it's exclusive to the Salandit line, it's not such a huge deal. The main thing that's gonna hate it would be Heatran, since most steel types aren't gonna appreciate Salandit's Fire STAB, most notably things like Ferrothorn and Scizor. They're gonna wanna switch out ASAP regardless. Heatran though, whose typing and ability would render it immune to both of Salandit's STAB attacks, isn't gonna like being poisoned. Tentacruel, Qwilfish, and Dragalge aren't gonna like it much either, since their typing would otherwise make them resistant to both STAB attacks of Salandit.

Of course, this is all assuming that Salandit (and whatever evolutions it may get) might have viable stats and moves. If it's got crap stats and a junk movepool then it doesn't matter if it can poison anything; it'll still be bad.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Well, if it's exclusive to the Salandit line, it's not such a huge deal. The main thing that's gonna hate it would be Heatran, since most steel types aren't gonna appreciate Salandit's Fire STAB, most notably things like Ferrothorn and Scizor. They're gonna wanna switch out ASAP regardless. Heatran though, whose typing and ability would render it immune to both of Salandit's STAB attacks, isn't gonna like being poisoned. Tentacruel, Qwilfish, and Dragalge aren't gonna like it much either, since their typing would otherwise make them resistant to both STAB attacks of Salandit.

Of course, this is all assuming that Salandit (and whatever evolutions it may get) might have viable stats and moves. If it's got crap stats and a junk movepool then it doesn't matter if it can poison anything; it'll still be bad.

I can see other Poison Type Pokemon getting the Corrosion ability. It would suck if Salandit's line only got it.

No doubt this ability makes Salandlit most appealing (besides the obvious new typing). If it did not have this ability and had something like Poison Touch, it would need to have some pretty good stats and move pool to be effective.

I am assuming that its stats will not be too good according to the Pokemon Website. However, I would not expect much since it does not look like a stand-alone Pokemon. I expect it to evolve into something powerful. And I would hope its possible final evolution has decent stats and move pool since it still gets walled by many Pokemon as you presented. It could only get off a Toxic on them if timed properly, but then would need to switch out if it doesn't have the stats and move coverage to stay in.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I just realized, has Salandit been revealed in Japan yet?

ebevan91

So, I wonder if Salandit can be poisoned by Magic Bounce.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

There has been such a surge of new Pokemon lately that I'm hoping July's Corocoro has something different. Like maybe gym leaders of finally officially announcing synchro

Hey, am I thinking right in that CoroCoro comes out a bit earlier in August? Sorry if I'm being a bother :v

ArtFenix

There has been such a surge of new Pokemon lately that I'm hoping July's Corocoro has something different. Like maybe gym leaders of finally officially announcing synchro
No more new Megas or normal evolutions? :(
I love Salandit! One of the best new pokemon along with Vikavolt and Tapu Koko (not counting starters and legendaries).

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Hey, am I thinking right in that CoroCoro comes out a bit earlier in August? Sorry if I'm being a bother :v
Yep, August 15th is a Japanese holiday so it comes officially on the 11th instead.

XXD17

Draco rex

Heatran also has earth power so no issues there lol. Some other uses I can sorta see are against mega venusaur or amoonguss...maybe we'll start seeing more EQ mega-saurs...

Having access to both a buffed toxic and WOW does seem handy if this 'mon will be purely used for utility.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
More Sun and Moon game footage coming? Not that I'm not interested, but I really care more about the inevitable Sun and Moon anime to be honest. Thank Arceus it's now July.

Aetius

Honestly, I don't want to see any new Pokèmon for a while.
I wish they would focus more on characters and new features from now on.

Xuxuba

Honestly, I don't want to see any new Pokèmon for a while.
I wish they would focus more on characters and new features from now on.

Me too.
Actually, i never really cared about the new pokemon. The thing that keeps me going are the new features, not the new pokemon.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
There is not even a snowball's chance that any of that sharbledeblurble is real. It screams - SCREAMS - "every fake 'leak' ever."

I agree, but there is that little shadow of doubt in my mind, and there was the smash leaks where part of it was right from 4chan.