• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Hasty

Moonside
I don't see what's so wrong about disliking that Japan gets everything first and more...
Pokemon is an international hit, so is Nintendo. Sure, the games are developed in Japan, but Pokemon and Nintendo have headquarters and divisions all over the whole world.

I think we will get at least the two new Pokemon and "super moves" in the latest batch of news. It was hinted on the website that we will learn more about these new powerful moves soon, no?

ebevan91

Currently refreshing Pokemon Youtube channel.

Ajduk

Yep, nothing too important. Couple of new pokemon+official reveal of the ones from CoroCoro.
An english version will explain much more.

edit: Just saw the english version. Ok, we did get some info that actually matters :) Online competitions via global link and the return of super training :)

Last edited:

Genos

TTYD
Oh hey, more pokemon.

THE AMOUNT IS TOO DANG HIGH /s

razor fire

ID no. are now 6 digits instead of 5.
Also, hyper training uses bottle caps. Fallout x Pokemon crossover confirmed? Just kidding :p

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I love Mudsdale! It's so cool. I also love Mimkyu, so cute and its ability id very handy with pretty much free Substitute. I like most of the others too, but that Wimpod or what ever it was called looks like Stunfisk's depressed cousin.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
After the trailer I still think that the new bear/panda Pokemon is a Cross-evo for Pancham.
I also quite like the new Pokemon. We have a known ground type- I think it's now as much as in Kalos (1 LOL).

This Gen is killing me with its cuteness ;-;

Bounsweet and Comfey are precious an must be protected ;-;

Aetius

I totally didn't expect to get new info so soon!
All the new pokèmon looks fine and some of them have interesting abilities!
And more importantly, thank goodness we've got a new Bug/Water Pokèmon! Since Surskit was the only Pokèmon typed as such, we might as well consider this type combination unique. XD

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
WHAT WHAT NEW NEWS WHAT.

That was unexpected. All the new Pokémon look great, sounds like we can set up Tournaments via Global Link (yayz), and Hyper Trainer sounds neat (hopefully we still get Super Training, tho).

But as much as I love new Pokémon, plz announce some new Megas and/or introduction to Super Moves/Synchros/whatever next month. Unless it's a penguin Pokémon, in which case PLZ REVEAL.

Ioneos

old geezer
Bounsweet- I like this mon. Like a knockoff Cherubi I think. Hope it evolves into something cooler and better than Cherubim tho.

Bewear- This guys been growing on me a lot. His original image made him look really weird; his body shape seemed too geometric. But new artwork and videos of him remind me of We Bear Bears.

Comfey- I loooooooove this lil guy! His design is really cute and I think Triage is an interesting ability (and maybe competitively viable, unlike Flower Veil).

Mudsdale- I want to like this Pokemon but he's so damn ugly looooooool. Plus his name sucks as well; I know it's based off a kind of horse, but it's just so unappealing. Is Stamina stupid broken or is it just me?

Mimikyu- The video of this Pokemon just cemented it in my top 10 of all time. It's the perfect mix of cool, cute, and kinda sad. I think the backstory behind this Pokemon is fantastic and interesting without being complex and dumb. Disguise is great too. If this thing is competitively viable I'll be over the moon.

Wimpod- I'm disappointed that we finally got a trilobite Pokemon and it turned out to be Wimpod (Kabuto is part horseshoe crab and Kabutops is bipedal gtfo lol). Plus Wimp Out suuuuucks. Better have Archeops level stats — or better yet, an evolution.

One thing that slightly irks me is how most of these Pokemon seem to be very similar to older mons. Bounsweet = Cherubi's cousin, Bewear = kawaii Pancham/Pangoro, Comfey = Hawaiian Flabebe, Wimpod = Kabuto x Anorith baby. I give Mimikyu a pass because he's my baby (has a good concept/reasoning behind Pikachu design), and Mudsdale is new I guess. Maybe I'm just being overly critical though. There's literally 700+ mons, some of them are probably gonna be similar.

I wouldn't call stanima broken seeing as special moves exist as a thing.