• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I wanted to spend my Pokemiles, but for some reason I can't even log in now. I've never had password problems with PGL before. I tried requesting an email for forgotten username in case that was what I got wrong, but no email has arrived.
I finally got into PGL, but I'm so sure I already tried the password that worked. That email still didn't come. The email doesn't matter now, but still...

MayTrainer

Demon Buster Trainee
I wanted to spend my Pokemiles, but for some reason I can't even log in now. I've never had password problems with PGL before. I tried requesting an email for forgotten username in case that was what I got wrong, but no email has arrived.
Don't worry about that, they have server errors since the relase of Pokémon GO. Once I tryed to login and they said that my account wasn't registered... I waited a little and everything worked.

I'm really happy that now you can host your tournament! I think I will use this new thing a lot! XD

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Anyone think we won't get new pokemon in the starting days of August (such as 1st, 2nd, third) since we got new pokemon today or is it still possible to get new pokemon on those early days?

Anyone think we won't get new pokemon in the starting days of August (such as 1st, 2nd, third) since we got new pokemon today or is it still possible to get new pokemon on those early days?

Black and White revealed a metric Mudsdale-ton of Pokémon in June or July and it still got consistent news Pokémon-wise the following month. However, 14 Pokémon in the space of a month (16 including Rockruff and Komala) does make me think it'll dial down CoroCoro or the unaffiliated videos, possibly CoroCoro due to the fact that it's revealing a Southern Island information dump, which will presumably be full of information on the island then a few new Pokémon, likely including the guardian.

This page may give you an idea. There may have been more Pokemon revealed.

So yeah, judging from what's still up on Serebii pre-release (I can't remember any other Pokémon being revealed?), we got 42 new Pokémon and 13 Mega Evolutions.

Including Magearna, we currently have 25 new Pokémon for Sun and Moon; so, considering that we've still got 4 months to go and likely coverage on newly introduced Mega Evolutions and a focus on Synchro/Super Moves, amongst other things such as the other islands, I think it's fair at this point to predict that we'll end up with somewhere between 35 and 45 new Pokémon native to the Alola Dex.

Considering how much I predict they still have to cover, it will certainly be interesting to see how much of a focus we get on the evil team and the Pokémon League before the games are released.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
... ... ... ... ...well... ... ...that just happened...

I'm extremely curious as to why they chose Detective Pikachu of all things to base a movie off of. Very strange.

Also, am I reading this right, will it be a Japanese movie, not an American one? If that's the case, that will be a shame.

BCVM22

So the first live action Pokemon movie is gonna be Detective Pikachu? Instead of an epic live action nostalgia fest with Ash, Misty, Brock, and Team Rocket or an epic amazing loyal adaptation of the games with Red as an protagonist.

Okay.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07...e-action-movie-coming-from-legendary-pictures

No matter how they tried to do this, it wouldn't have been "right" or "perfect." Adapting something peripheral and quirky like Detective Pikachu is actually a very smart place to start, if this is in fact meant to be a "start" to a movie franchise.

will it be a Japanese movie, not an American one? If that's the case, that will be a shame.

No, Legendary Pictures is an American production company. But why would it be an issue either way?

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Okay.

Why is this an issue?

Do they even dub live-action Japanese movies into English anymore? I know there's that stereotype with the old Kaiju movies, but I can't think of any recent movies that have had that done to them. So would we even get it in English in the first place? And even if it is dubbed, I imagine a dubbed live-action movie would not look that good at all, even done in the modern age.

Xuxuba

I had a feeling this was going to be quite different from what people expected.

I hope the movie will get a english dub with Danny DeVito as Pikachu.

BCVM22

Do they even dub live-action Japanese movies into English anymore? I know there's that stereotype with the old Kaiju movies, but I can't think of any recent movies that have had that done to them. So would we even get it in English in the first place? And even if it is dubbed, I imagine a dubbed live-action movie would not look that good at all, even done in the modern age.

Okay, again, it's going to be an American-produced movie. But regardless, that's a really specific thing to be concerned about before the film has literally anything but an intended start date on production.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Okay, again, it's going to be an American-produced movie. But regardless, that's a really specific thing to be concerned about before the film has literally anything but an intended start date on production.

I only just saw your edit, so I didn't know you had said that.

Anyways though, hypothetically speaking, I think it is a valid concern, as, if my understanding is correct, both available options would be less than optimal, one resulting in not being able to watch it all. Of course, this just stemmed from my initial misunderstanding, so it doesn't even matter now.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I've been wanting a silverfish Pokemon for the longest time and Anortih doesn't really count.

Sweet this looks like a great gen for bug type fans much like 5th gen.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Okay. Why is everyone saying this? I've seen lots of comments like this all over the internet. Is there some sort of meme I'm not aware of?

Sort of, there was an online petition a while back that got somewhat popular, to the point that people went up to him(he had no idea what Pokemon was).

The whole idea stems from the fact that he gets typecasted as a small annoying critter, such as Lorax.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So if this is going to be an English move, can we assume that this at least hints at a US release of Detective Pikachu? I know we don't need to have played the game to appreciate the movie, but it would be nice, and would certainly help with the marketing of the movie.

Also, it's kind of funny, because if you had asked me to come up with an idea for an original story for a Pokemon movie not using Ash or a main character from a game, I would have said make a Looker detective movie. Funny that I got the detective part right. I'd still love to someday get a Looker movie.