• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Yeah, what was wrong with the forums just then?

Edit: Nevermind.

is the starter thread working for you in sun and moon or the alola pokedex discussion thread??

You know that Detective Pikachu is a serious came? At least as far as I have seen. It has a very serious tone in some of the scenes.

I was meaning 'too seriously', but left out the 'too'. But it's obvious that a live action Pikachu movie won't take it self too seriously, seeing as it's a freaking Pikachu in a realistic environment. It's going to at least have comedic relief and not try to be a completely serious movie.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So, this is the only dot set that has been partially released on Badge Arcade. Others tend to come in complete groups.

Detective Pikachu could be a great quirky film - but it's not going to be a great live action/CGI film as many of us would have hoped for.

We all know how rich the lore of the Pokémon world is, and how great it could potentially be translated to movie. But, hey, if this gives them a chance to refine their CGI work, I'm all for it.

And as that other guy/gal said: sweet Arceus on a scooter.

BCVM22

The thing is, though, what would have made a "great" "live action/CGI" Pokémon film? A hundred different people will give you a hundred different answers and there's a good chance most of those answers are actually wrong.

The thing is, though, what would have made a "great" "live action/CGI" Pokémon film? A hundred different people will give you a hundred different answers and there's a good chance most of those answers are actually wrong.

Well, in terms of the technology: Jon Favreau's Jungle Book. All filmed on a sound stage in LA, and that film was beautiful.

As for "great", there's a lot they could do, sure: Mewtwo could be Akira and trash a city; we could have adaptations of the games - or at least the general plots, minus perhaps gyms; we could see a live action version of the Pokémon games or the games coming to life in the real world (GO/Bakugan/Yu-Gi-Oh/Digimon and most other such Easternly influenced franchises). There's a lot they could have done, and the lore of Pokémon is immensely thicker and heavier than a lot of people outside of the fanbase believe it to be.

But hey, I'm not complaining about Detective Pikachu. It's actually a great starting point.

Hauke_von_Arding

I don't think the game plots would mage good movies... What should happen actualy? Especially since the story in the games is mostly... weaker.

And 'games coming to life in the real world'? I don't think this fits well into the Pokemon lore. Digimon is based around this concept. It's all about digital monsters becaming real. Pokemon has no connection with this topic.

Dijeirusan

Well, in terms of the technology: Jon Favreau's Jungle Book. All filmed on a sound stage in LA, and that film was beautiful.

Objectively, it still looked like a boy with CGI animals for most the runtime. We're not quite there yet for a completely realistic Pokemon movie, so TPC is smart to wait a little longer. Perhaps they'll see Beauty and the Beast next year and be convinced otherwise. But a film like Detective Pikachu can be done to a very high standard.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
New Sun and Moon news to come on the 1st of August. I wonder what it would bring? Maybe the first look into the Alola region? Or maybe new pokemon again?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Honestly, I hope the news in August isn't another batch of pokemon.

I'd like to see some info on the other islands, maybe see some gym leaders. I mean, how long are they going to go before revealing any of this?

Objectively, it still looked like a boy with CGI animals for most the runtime. We're not quite there yet for a completely realistic Pokemon movie, so TPC is smart to wait a little longer. Perhaps they'll see Beauty and the Beast next year and be convinced otherwise. But a film like Detective Pikachu can be done to a very high standard.

Oh yeah, I agree. I actually don't think these films will be as CGI heavy as that film, and rather, that the Pokémon would be in as good a design and shape in the same level of CGI. I mean, Sugimori based CGI work would look astounding!

New Sun and Moon news to come on the 1st of August. I wonder what it would bring? Maybe the first look into the Alola region? Or maybe new pokemon again?

I have no complaints but one up to this point: I want them to slow down on the reveal of new Pokémon. Other than that, I don't mind them going dark on plot points - especially the evil team, I'd much rather receive some silhouettes the month the game is released to really build up some hype - but the lack of gym leaders has me puzzled up to this point (and I certainly don't believe any of those supposed "leaks"). New island information would be nice, but seeing as we're getting it in CC anyways...I think we'll get 1 or 2 new Pokémon and a look at some of the features, perhaps the names of the places on MeleMele.

Last edited:

Drakonekoshi

Personally I hope they reveal the new amie mode, they introduced Hyper Training, I think it's about time they introduce Gen 7 amie

it looks way better than the previous one, I wonder why I don't see a button for games though, I'm assuming the one on the left is food.

Last edited:

Aetius

I must say that they're truly spoiling us with all these news in such a short span of time! :D
Since they promised to cover the Southern island, I suppose that the main focus will be on everything related to it.
I wonder what it has to offer said island!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So far we are only missing the teased new features(Super moves, riding Pokémon, uncharted areas), so the next trailer will likely be about that.

Outside of that I expect a few more Melemele Pokémon, with Corocoro covering whatever it is going to cover two weeks later.