• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Or the Z-Ring has a visible circular inset on the inside of the wrist where a Key Stone could sit. And it does.

Mega Evolutions are as much evolutions/Formes as any such past changes, and you wouldn't think they went to the trouble of designing however many Mega Evolutions just to abandon them in Generation VI. Until and unless we learn explicitly that it is not in the game, there's no more reason to think Mega Evolution is gone than there would be to believe stone evolution or time of day evolution or trade evolution are gone.
Your prolly right though I wonder how the new alola region mons we've seen have diff stats, I just wish they calm down with all the fairy mons lol I'm looking at you alola ninetails :)

Creyk

That's true but just seems with the release of this new z-attack thing and new alola forms megas imo will be removed now, I hope I'm wrong but I'm curious if it will hold 2 bracelets or u can choose which one u can have on team

We already know megas are still in, we had a clear screen shot of the bracelet having a mega stone slot on it's under side.
They are still in.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
On the next reveal, we have been teased a few things:

-Kiawe's Marowak. It is referred to, but it doesn't appear anywhere.

-Akala Island, and its deity: Constantly referred to by Lurantis' entry, Mallow's showcase and Pa'u Style's blurb, we still don't know the details of the second island. It's Kahuna is unknown as well.

-Pikipek's evolution line: Of all the demo playthrough Pokémon, this line is the one that eludes us.

-Yungoos' prey: Speculations range from a new snake Pokémon to an Alolan Form Rattata to the franchise's mascot Pikachu, but still, we have no official word on it.

-Rockruff's evolution: Alluded to in its blurb, Rockruff's evo has not been revealed yet, and I'm guessing it won't be until we see the Rock-type Z-Move.

-Komala's evolution: Alluded to in its blurb, Komala's evo has not been seen yet, even though Pangoro was revealed during the pre-release peridod. Since the focus is on other islands besides Melemele, I'm guessing this guy might wait for a while.

-Frozen Volcano/Red Island: Homeplace of Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Vulpix, we know nothing about the mainland Hawaii.

-Alolan Cubone and Persian: Their other stages are revealed.

Misc:

-A Dark-type Pokémon: Currently the only type that is not showcased.

-A Japanese-style Pokémon: Though we have the Sensu Style, so far we have not seen any reference to the Japanese town.

-A volcanic Pokémon: So far, we haven't seen a Slugma, let alone a new species.

-Version Counterparts: So far, we have not heard anything about version counterparts, even for the mascot legendaries themselves.

-Global Link Features: Outside of Online Competitions, we don't know what this entails. Specifically, we don't know the next item grinding element.

-Connection with other games: So far, no details on how to transfer Pokémon from GB games with Pokémon Bank been revealed. We don't have anything for GO connection, either.

-Villain team(if there is any): Another unrevealed franchise staple, this element might not exist in Sun and Moon, but the we don't even know the potential replacement for it.

-Sidequest(if there is any): While there wasn't any real sidequest in XY, we still had something similar with PR videos. So far, nothing similar to that has been announced.

-Town names(if there is any): So far, just the Lush Forest area has been named.

-Dark and Ice type new species: Alolan Forms are here, but others aren't.

Edit (09.08.2016): Removed Corocoro reveals.

Edit (21.08.2016): Removed Alolan Cubone

Last edited:

Akashin

We already know megas are still in, we had a clear screen shot of the bracelet having a mega stone slot on it's under side.
They are still in.

Technically, all we know for sure is that the Z Ring has a slot that could conceivably hold a Key Stone. We haven't seen it actually hold one, much as I assume that it will.

Nockturne

I wonder how Z-Moves will work with Hidden Power, it would be cool if instead of being whatever the normal type Z move is it became the type that the Pokemon IV's dictated it to be. Because then you'd have the potential for almost every Pokemon to be able to use any types Z move. Could make competitive much less predictable.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I wonder how Z-Moves will work with Hidden Power, it would be cool if instead of being whatever the normal type Z move is it became the type that the Pokemon IV's dictated it to be. Because then you'd have the potential for almost every Pokemon to be able to use any types Z move. Could make competitive much less predictable.

I personally think it is just based on what type of pokemon they are, no?

Also in the news, in those pikachu badges. What is that little cow thing in the bottom right corner?

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
The idea that Mega Evolution is being removed is incredibly ludicrous. It was hyped up a lot, it's popular, and it brought a significant change to battling that you don't just remove.

The worst thing I see happening is GF not releasing any new Megas this Gen and restrict access to it so it's postgame only.

Megas disappearing altogether would definitely be odd,not to deny they have been straight up centralising.
From the beginning of gen6 the comp community were deciding which megas were too overpowered,and which ones were simply overpowered:

MegaKangaskhan massacred teams with its bulk,good speed and broken ability alone;
Nothing could stand up to a MegaMawile after a single Swords Dance with its huge power ability + base 100 attack stat,and its typing meant easy setups if you didn't have one of its three counters;
MegaGengar could revenge kill anything the player wanted for the overwhelming benefit of its team,using perish song + shadow tag to take out the defensive walls its absurd special attack couldn't knock down.

MegaGardevoir ,whilst never banned, got base 100 speed and a 165 sp.atk stat,combined with the ability and coverage that allows it to pulverise anything in two hits.
A significant change to battling indeed - it meant that if a pokemon wasn't in a mega form,it was often only there to check other mega forms,or clear the way for the mega to sweep.

New forms as opposed to evolution, have in the past meant altered stats,typing and abilities in Rotom and Meowstick,for example,and these are also the main beneficial qualities of a mega evolution, only with a sense of balance in mind, and no restriction to one per team.
The irony that you could finally use beedril or charizard in a serious competitive battle,but not beedril AND charizard! With new forms,this is now possible,with new megas we just push standard pokemon into further redundancy.

Last edited:

Nockturne

I personally think it is just based on what type of pokemon they are, no?

Also in the news, in those pikachu badges. What is that little cow thing in the bottom right corner?

Well in the explanation on the Pokemon website it doesn't mention the type of the Pokemon as being relevant it just says...

There are two conditions for performing Z-Moves: a Pokémon must learn a move of the same type as a Z-Crystal, and it must be holding the corresponding Z-Crystal.

So to me that sounds like if you have a Grass Z Crystal in your Z-Ring, and your Pikachu that knows Grass Knot is holding a grass type Z Crystal it should be able to use Bloom Doom right?

kaitlynbrannan

shiny hunter <3
the new alola forms are lit !! i hope they announce more.

i don't think they're getting rid of megas, they wouldn't do that. i think with the new bracelets the z crystals goes on one side and a mega stone goes in the other. maybe they just won't make new megas this gen and focus on z moves more

i really hope they don't scratch gym leaders & elite four. i mean, i could live with it, but i'd be a little disappointed

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Well in the explanation on the Pokemon website it doesn't mention the type of the Pokemon as being relevant it just says...

So to me that sounds like if you have a Grass Z Crystal in your Z-Ring, and your Pikachu that knows Grass Knot is holding a grass type Z Crystal it should be able to use Bloom Doom right?

oooo that is neat! I personally don't like it lol I think it should be stuck to their two types, but that is interesting and i wouldn't hate it!

also no mention of the little cow by pikachu in the badge things? Just a random little cow?!

Last edited:

lunis the ogre

Ogre of the gourd
Yes! Finally word on volcanion. I was starting to worry if we were ever going to see him in the states. XD. Guess it will finish out gen 6 and we aren't going to see AZ's floette.

I do still believe Game Freak is running out of ideas on new Pokemon designs, sadly. Seems as though they're just going through the backlog of old, discarded designs for some. I thought that long-necked Exeggutor looked familiar, and turns out it does, there was a design extremely similar to this back in the 1st gen on Japanese boxes of the Jungle TCG set.

o3OAqkz.jpg

Attachments

• o3OAqkz.jpg
    o3OAqkz.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 0

lunis the ogre

Ogre of the gourd
I do still believe Game Freak is running out of ideas on new Pokemon designs, sadly. Seems as though they're just going through the backlog of old, discarded designs for some. I thought that long-necked Exeggutor looked familiar, and turns out it does, there was a design extremely similar to this back in the 1st gen on Japanese boxes of the Jungle TCG set.

o3OAqkz.jpg

I actually seen a meme about this on facebook. It was about this picture, a picture of a weird fish sort of like basculin biting a slowpoke, a large fin that looks very similar to mega gyarados' back fin in an old episode of the anime, and one other instance I can't recall. The quote for the meme said "gamefreak doesn't forget". So maybe they are tying up loose ends and we might see a crystal onix.

BCVM22

Game Freak has no hand in the TCG or its art, however. And the "running out of ideas" complaint remains as invalid as the last hundred times.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

o3OAqkz.jpg
So, elaborating further on one design means running out of ideas?

Really?

Nockturne

o3OAqkz.jpg

I just really don't understand how people can say that when we have 31 (37 if you include the guaranteed second and third stages for the starters, and even more designs if you count Oricorio/Minior forms) brand new original Pokemon so far. Not to mention that old Pokemon having different designs/types when found in new regions is a brand new idea in of itself. Maybe Alola Eggecutor is just a beta design for Exeggutor that they've only just come up with a way of using. That doesn't mean they are running out of ideas it just means they've been sat on this one design for a while, and they've now decided to implement it (alongside all the numerous new ideas they've had for Pokemon) because of this "Alola Pokemon" concept.

Again I just don't see how this is all that different from going back and giving an old Pokemon an new evolution. I mean they have new designs, new typings and presumably new movesets so really they're the same Pokemon in name only.

Well, it's a great example of many. I mean a pink mantis that is not even bug type? Really?

Are you implying the only reason it isn't bug type is because you think no one at GameFreak had the idea of making it bug type?

Last edited:
Well, it's a great example of many. I mean a pink mantis that is not even bug type? Really?

That's been around for a long time when it comes to strange typings, though, so I don't think that justifies the "they're losing out of ideas" argument that's being made here. Case in point: Trapinch line not being part Bug; Flabébé line not being part Grass; Lucario being part steel; Jirachi being part steel; the Yanma line not being part dragon when it's literally based on a dragonfly.

The list goes on, but I think you can see my point, and a mantis Pokémon being part Grass does make sense, even if the lack of a Bug typing continues to mystify us.