• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
New Pokémon sell the game more than new features do

Xuxuba

New Pokémon sell the game more than new features do

HG/SS sold as well as any other pokemon game and it also received a lot of critical acclaim, despite only having new features and not having any new pokemon, new form or anything like that.

Anyway, can someone please explain to me why it's okay to speak for the whole community when you're in no position to do it so, but expressing your opinion on what you want to see on the trailer is wrong?

Because most of us actually do research first hand and don't take that much offense on an online forum like a ten year old.

HGSS is a whole different horse here, because yes, it may of sold just as well, but it also isn't comparible because it didn't have any new Pokémon to show. Whereas SuMo has new Pokémon to show and is expected to show new Pokémon.

Also, saying little kids care more about the creatures than features isn't being a 'spokesperson', it's 'common sense', lol.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I'm hoping for the starters' first evolutions and an official announcement of Megas returning (doesn't even need to be new ones, just confirmation they're back) mostly. I'd also like to have more information on Hyper Training and Rockruff's connection to the starter Pokemon. Maybe even another Alola Guardian Pokemon.

There's so much I want to see but, whatever the news is, I'm super hyped for it. Just under an hour to go.

Xuxuba

Because most of us actually do research first hand and don't take that much offense on an online forum like a ten year old.

HGSS is a whole different horse here, because yes, it may of sold just as well, but it also isn't comparible because it didn't have any new Pokémon to show. Whereas SuMo has new Pokémon to show and is expected to show new Pokémon.

Also, saying little kids care more about the creatures than features isn't being a 'spokesperson', it's 'common sense', lol.

Then post your research on the matter and prove you are as mature as you say are instead of saying things without having anything to back you up with.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Then post your research on the matter and prove you are as mature as you say are instead of saying things without having anything to back you up with.
I may not have any proof, but what would you expect kids to be more into: Awesome looking new creatures (Pokémon), or being able to raise whatever the heck IVs are (features)?

Plus Serebii said it, so it's fact.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
HG/SS sold as well as any other pokemon game and it also received a lot of critical acclaim, despite only having new features and not having any new pokemon, new form or anything like that.

Anyway, can someone please explain to me why it's okay to speak for the whole community when you're in no position to do it so, but expressing your opinion on what you want to see on the trailer is wrong?
There's nothing wrong with what you did, but there's naught wrong with what Aromatic Mist said either in that they feel the target audience cares more about Pokemon and hence they expect that'll be reflected in the news here.

Regardless! Let's get back to the topic of discussing Pokemon news, like whatever comes out in 15 minutes or so.

I'm sure that the new creatures have a great appeal to kids, but I also suspect features to be appealing to them. For example, the Pokémon Amie in XY comes to mind. Wouldn't kids be very excited to be able to interact with their pokémon more? Pet them, feed them, playing with them?

While the new creatures may be more attractive to the target audience, I think certain features can add to the appeal of a new game for the kids as well. Certainly not all of them - like IV breeding for example -, but some do (like Pokémon Amie).

Ajduk

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Type: Null xD UB-01 xD Nice digimon game, GF :p
So our main rival will be Fallout Boy from team Skull?

Nockturne

I don't understand what it meant when it said Sun and Moon were set 12 hours apart, are the games not going to be synced with the 3DS clock or something?

And with Type: Null and UB-01 the naming schemes are certainly becoming less predictable.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I don't understand what it meant when it said Sun and Moon were set 12 hours apart, are the games not going to be synced with the 3DS clock or something?

And with Type: Null and UB-01 the naming schemes are certainly becoming less predictable.

Im honestly not sure either, it wasnt clear on what the time difference meant.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
This reveal was kinda interesting. We actually got a bit of new stuff that isn't just more new Pokemon. However, at the end of the trailer, I feel like I've been left with more questions than answers. Not really a bad thing though. The Zygarde situation looks like fun.

Still no official names of the player characters though -_-

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
We're fighting aliens now Pokéfans. Can I just say, I don't trust this Aether Foundation - they just scream "secretly villainous" to me. Calling it now, they're the true villains.

Type: Null is sure an interesting name for a Pokemon. I thought it was a new type at first lol. But as usual I loved the new info! Ultra Beasts seem exciting too!
Yeah, kinda scared me that they were introducing a new type at first. What is Type: Null even meant to be? A chimera comprised of different body parts or something?

Last edited:

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
The Japanese trailer was better. Had a lot of views of the region, and a crazy entrance for UB-01.

ChangeJD

Saving Science
If you want some context on the Ultra Beasts, go watch the Japanese trailer on their Pokemon Channel page. It's about 5 minutes long, but if you skip to the end, there's a cutscene with the Ultra Beast coming out of some type of portal. If I had to guess, I bet the Aether Foundation is the one creating these things.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
New Video's Dropped!

OK, Aloha Rattacate looks like it's got Gluttony before I looked at the Abilities it has..

Type: Null - Huh? Is that an Ax on it's head?

Jangmo-o - "Baby" level form?

The Aether Fountaion - I'm not sure what role these will play in game.. The Scientest Faba has cetain vibe about him.. But the other Ladies of the group seem fine..

Wait a mo - Dexio and Sina? I'm sure I've seen these two before In Kalos.. Or an I Getting confused with a Pair of Heroes?