• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Not going to be too surprised if Lillie, Gladion and Lusamine are all related, considering what seem to be identical hair and eye colour combinations. Might also make sense that Lillie is more focused on research if she is the daughter of Lusamine, and it doesn't seem at all Farfetch'd to think that Gladion wanted to go against the grain or get back at his family - for whatever reason.

Love that Zygarde's working the way it is, and Pokémon Sna...photos seems pretty cool too, as does the key difference between Sun and Moon.

But the fact that the Ultra Beast - UB-01 - seems to be coming from a wormhole and is said to resemble the movements of a young girl...seems a bit creepy to me. Lumiose Ghost Girl perhaps?

Also, love that Dexio and Sina are returning, and, strangely, I just love that the game states that we 'open the Key Items Pocket' and put such and such away. Very subtle but deepening touch there.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Well this was a weird trailer. "Type: Null" is its name? Why can't they give it a real name? And why is it called Type: Null if it's Normal-type with just a regular everyday ability?

And a jellyfish monster that's apparently not a Pokemon... what is going on

Ajduk

This is really a looooooooooooooooong shot, but hear me out.
Now that we can put pokemon from R/B/Y into the bank and transfer them into Sun and Moon, wouldn't it me cool if a transfered Missing No becomes Type: Null or UB-01?

Nockturne

Is there any moon game footage that we know of that takes place during the day?

Not that I know of but going from the description on the website you will be able to play Moon during the day in game, you'd just have to be playing it at night in rel life. I think its just that they want cutscenes involving Lunalaa to take place at night because they'd look cooler. Like how the fireworks scene in X/Y totally falls flat during daytime.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
This is really a looooooooooooooooong shot, but hear me out.
Now that we can put pokemon from R/B/Y into the bank and transfer them into Sun and Moon, wouldn't it me cool if a transfered Missing No becomes Type: Null or UB-01?
Missingno. and 'M are glitched Pokemon with unstable data, so I highly doubt it unless there was some weird way the new Pokemon games interpreted their data.

If you try to transfer Missingno. to G/S/C, it may take the appearance of a Stantler.

Creyk

I think we can all agree that these new pokemon were awesome. Oh god. Type Null is everything and more.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The Chinese leak is becoming more and more valid with each announcement.

I am loving this. Anyhoo, I'm guessing since time is dictated between versions, that Sun and Moon will not be in real time like previous generations.

So Ghirahim is a member of team skull now, didn't see that coming. Anyway this ultra beast thing is an interesting concept, wonder what they're planning with it.

Think I'll just refer to the jellyfish as #1 at this point.

Last edited:

Creyk

The official site also explains the 12 hour time difference. Pokemon Sun works like normal but Moon shifts the in game time 12 hours on from what is on your 3DS. It also makes it sound like some events are time based so I guess maybe its to get around certain events happening after little kids bed times?

I honestly can't think of any other reason for it.

I think it will mostly affect random missions like those "throw these sea cucumbers back into the water" quests. They will get them in different times or on different days.

Nockturne

I am loving this. Anyhoo, I'm guessing since time is dictated between versions, that Sun and Moon will not be in real time like previous generations.

From what it says on the official site it looks like Sun will be in real time and Moon will be 12 hours behind (I'd assume it would be behind rather than have you playing in the future) whatever the time is on your 3DS.

Pretty sure it's been mentioned here before, but Sun will utilise the 2/3DS's in house "real time", whereas Moon will just subtract (or add? That could get weird though...) 12 hours on to the current time.

Including mentioned evolutions, it seems at least 52 pokemon have already been confirmed. If I do the math... 52 is more then 10, which means Masuda wasn't lying

AmethystLeslie

Some of my instant reactions include, "Is Type: Null a new type or a error from editing the trailer?", "Oh yeah, Sina and Dexio exist.", "Wow, that's one ugly Raticate. Good God those cheeks. Well, where can you go for an Alola form if you start with THAT?", and "Who is THAT? (referring to UB-01)"

Course, I've learned more since then on everything we just saw in the trailer, and am seeing theories on the Aether Foundation being the actual evil team and stuff. It'd be more interesting, but it's been done a lot.

I love our new bishounen edgelord, and the fact that GF heard the cries of Pokemon Snap fans wanting a sequel. I've never played Snap, but the idea of a sequel does appeal to me, but even if we weren't getting a true Snap sequel, I thought it would've been a side feature in a future Stadium title. Already past my expectations.

Xuxuba

Ultra beasts, zygarde cells, team skull, aether foundation, the island challenge.... I don't even know what's the main plot anymore. This is a huge clusterf*ck.

BCVM22

I don't even know what's the main plot anymore.

The game isn't out yet. You're not supposed to know the main plot yet, much less "anymore."

This is a huge clusterf*ck.

The revelation of a number of new and disparate elements that will all fit together in coherent fashion - or, in the case of the more peripheral elements, safely stay out of the way of the really important stuff - is not a "huge clusterf*ck" by any stretch.

AceTrainerBen

Ultra beasts, zygarde cells, team skull, aether foundation, the island challenge.... I don't even know what's the main plot anymore. This is a huge clusterf*ck.

I suppose the easy to look at it is, the island trials/gaurdians are instead of the gym/elite four storylines. Meanwhile we have two possibly competing teams (like oras) looking into the ultra beasts and possibly other legendaries, with possible post game related content like the delta episode. Meanwhile.... Zygarde also does a thing at some point.

I agree it would be chaos if it happened all at once, which I doubt they would do, as the younger fans especially might have a tough time following all the action... I guess the pacing of all this is gonna be super important this time around, because it has potential to be awesome or go terribly wrong.

I hope they don't over complicate things like you see in some other rpg series. I'm not holding out much hope however, because the main series games always seem like a mixed bag in the story department...

Last edited:

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
I suppose the easy to look at it is, the island trials/gaurdians are instead of the gym/elite four storylines. Meanwhile we have two possibly competing teams (like oras) looking into the ultra beasts and possibly other legendaries, with possible post game related content like the delta episode. Meanwhile.... Zygarde also does a thing at some point.

I agree it would be chaos if it happened all at once, which I doubt they would do, as the younger fans especially might have a tough time following all the action... I guess the pacing of all this is gonna be super important this time around, because it has potential to be awesome or go terribly wrong.

I think that, at this point, they're just really excited by the new features and switching the formula up. So, when all of the different pieces do come together, we're left with something new and fresh (for Pokemon). Plus, a lot of it seems like sidequests rather than full fledged required stuff. I have high hopes for the storyline, but I almost always fall into that pit trap.

Xuxuba

I suppose the easy to look at it is, the island trials/gaurdians are instead of the gym/elite four storylines. Meanwhile we have two possibly competing teams looking into the ultra beasts and possibly other legendaries. Meanwhile, Zygarde does a thing at some point. Also possible post game activities like the delta episode...

I hope they don't over complicate things like you see in some other rpg series. I'm not holding out much hope however, because the main series games always seem like a mixed bag in the story department...

Yeah, i agree with you. I just feel like the franchise is better off focusing on just 1 storyline rather than trying to explore 5 different storylines at the same time. They barely have the time to properly explore just 1. Hell, the only time that they were able to properly explore a storyline was BW and there still was some loose ends.

Besides, those storylines are so different from one another that it feels kind of forced that they are connected.

But hey this is Pokémon we are talking. We shouldn't expect much from the game's plot.