• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
If this form change isn't something permanent, but rather something that depends on the time of the day, then i will hate this gimmick. I don't want to have to change the internal clock just to play with the form i like, let alone do this every single day.

It's pretty implied that it is permanent. It would be too weird if it always changed during night and day.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
You know, the "Beauty" ultra beast does ressemble that chick from aether foundation. To me, at least.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
And not sure if Ultra Beasts are pokemon and can be caught but they look nothing like Pokemon (I know it sounds stupid when people say a pokemon doesn't look like a pokemon, but that's genuinely what I feel here).
Meh.
There's (currently) nothing to indicate that they're Pokémon. As far as we know, Ultrea Beasts are the true forms of the Aether Foundation extra-dimensional boss enemies that are neither Pokémon or human.

You know, the "Beauty" ultra beast does ressemble that chick from aether foundation. To me, at least.
I agree. There's just something about Beauty's pose and "hair" (for lack of a better term) that's incredibly similar to Lusamine.

Last edited:

Creyk

If the forms aren't something permanent, but rather something that depends on the time of the day, then i will hate this gimmick. I don't want to have to change the internal clock just to play with the form i like, let alone do this every single day.

You could just choose to use some of the 800+ other available pokemon. It doesn't look like it will be strong anyway.

AmethystLeslie

I like both of Rockruff's evo's forms. Makes me want one.

It seems that UB02 is either Expansion or Beauty depending on the version (Sun and Moon respectively). Still glad I picked up Moon. If some of you guys are already saying UB02 Beauty is Lusamine, then who could be UB02 Expansion?

Akashin

It's pretty implied that it is permanent. It would be too weird if it always changed during night and day.

Yeah, it sounds this is a time-based Evolution where both possible results are Forms of the same Pokemon. It outright says that the Forms are a result of whether Rockruff is bathed in the rays of the sun or the power of the moon.

You could just choose to use some of the 800+ other available pokemon. It doesn't look like it will be strong anyway.

You seem... oddly fixated on whether or not a Pokemon is strong. You're aware that to some people, whether or not the Pokemon they like is good means absolutely nothing (and for in-game purposes, it basically does mean absolutely nothing), right?

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
It seems that UB02 is either Expansion or Beauty depending on the version (Sun and Moon respectively). Still glad I picked up Moon. If some of you guys are already saying UB02 Beauty is Lusamine, then who could be UB02 Expansion?

It could be Gladion. The fact that (iirc) he's clutching his arm in pain in his battle animation seems to imply that he's holding something in; not to mention the patches on Expansion's body that resembles rips or tears.

Nockturne

There's (currently) nothing to indicate that they're Pokémon.

Well there is the stills of UB-02 Expansion fighting Tapu Koko, so you can battle them and (I assume) they have moves. That makes them seem like Pokemon to me since outside of PokeStar Studios has there ever been an example of battling something that isn't a Pokemon in the main series games?

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Well there is the stills of UB-02 Expansion fighting Tapu Koko, so you can battle them and (I assume) they have moves. That makes them seem like Pokemon to me since outside of PokeStar Studios has there ever been an example of battling something that isn't a Pokemon in the main series games?
That doesn't mean they are Pokémon, just enemies the player can battle; UBs could just be GameFreak's way of testing out non-pokemon opponents outside PokéStar Studios.

Lord-Zero

Alolan Form
Oh yes, those newly revealed Ultra Beasts sure resemble Lusamine and Gladion. I never cared about Rockruff so its evolution gimmick does nothing for me. UB-02 Expansion...Expand Dong memes should be arriving soon.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
...Oh. Wow. I didn't think I would be right with Rockruff's evolution being affected by the time of day. Too bad the night version looks kind of tacky.

So, I'm guessing this differentiation also affects the starters.

Rio!

Composer
I think I understand the direction the artist was going with Night!Lugarugan but I think the fact that they couldn't fully commit to it being bi-pedal or a quadruped. It doesn't hel with its face either, especially next to the Day form(e?)

Aetius

If the forms aren't something permanent, but rather something that depends on the time of the day, then i will hate this gimmick. I don't want to have to change the internal clock just to play with the form i like, let alone do this every single day.

Well, if you get both versions, you can play Sun or Moon based on your preferences.
This way, you will be able to train whatever form you want! :D

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Wonder when we'll get more info on the demo.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
What does coro coro say about pokemon go? I can see it in the picture but no one is mentioning that.

Pretty sure it just says something along the lines of "Pokemon that appear in Pokemon Go have special new forms in Pokemon Sun & Moon".

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I wonder why they didn't reveal werewolf's details. Don't they usually list type, ability, height, weight, and classification?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I wonder why they didn't reveal werewolf's details. Don't they usually list type, ability, height, weight, and classification?
I don't think they did it for a couple of the Pokémon last month either. Not sure why.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I don't think they did it for a couple of the Pokémon last month either. Not sure why.

Probably because on the day that this info is supposed to be revealed, a video is going to be released that will go in to all of the details.