• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Forget starter evolutions,

ASH-GRENINJA!

Some important stuff on the Special Demo Versions (releasing October 18th!):
• Greninja with Battle Bond (Ash-Greninja) is transferable to your main game of Sun/Moon once they're released.
• This adventure will be separate from anything in the game, in all likelihood so that any data mining (looking at you ORAS demo versions) don't ruin the new Pokémon, game plot, items, moves, or what have you.

Last edited:

Nockturne

Wow there was so much in that trailer.

Those starter evos are all fine, Poke Pelago is a genius addition. And I cannot BELIEVE that after all the speculation about what turned out to be Z-Moves they ended up including Ash-Greninja as well.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
At first, I thought Pokkén's new playable pokémon was going to be Greninja, but it seems like the ones already uncovered by datamining the game are yet to be officially confirmed.

Yeah, we need to give credit for TPCi finally giving us more events. Japan may still get a lot more than us, but at least we no longer are forgotten with leftovers.

Hopefully, they'll keep doing this for gen VII

Yeah, I love all these events. We now need another Diancie event to go with the recent events for generation VI Pokémon. Sure, I have one, but I would like more.

And yes, WOO for generation VII starter evolutions and Ash-Greninja.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I like the starter evolutions. Popplio's evolution looks probably the worst, Litten's and Rowlet's are both pretty great, especially Rowlet's . I was originally going to choose Popplio, but now I don't know. I need to see the final evolution(s) before really choosing.
Other features look great, I really like Poke Pelago

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Not a fan of the starters evolutions. The only one I kinda like were Litten's.

Also, Festival Plaza is pretty much a renamed Join Avenue. But I like it.

As for Poke Pelago, it's a welcome addition.

Last, but not least, the best news is definetely Ash-Greninja. My only gripe is that the trailer should have showed it defeating a Mega Charizard X lol

Ajduk

I admit it. I was wrong.
I was bitter after the lack of Battle Frontier in ORAS and I was sure that they will remove my other fav part of gen 6 which are mega evolutions. I am glad that I was wrong. Mega Flygon, there is still hope! Sorry for those who I have pissed off in my stuborness.
Now I can't wait to buy the game.

Pokemon Power

I knew Mega Evolution would be back!! I just hope there are some new ones in addition to the ones we know of. So the only way to get Ash-Greninja is to play the special demo, OK then. I just hope hackers don't leak the whole game through the demo like they did with OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire. The Poke Pelego looks like a cool new feature, and it looks like there's a island for growing berries. The evolved forms of the starters look like they could prove that those leaks about the final evolved starters are true. The Festival Plaza looks like a new version of Join Avenue from Black and White 2, which was one of my favorite features in that game.

Swoobat

What a blantant copy of the island from Digimon Story games.

Reminded me to exactly the same! But I appreciate it, better finding items and training than in a box.

WolfeyStar

Ganbaruby!
Ash Greninja! Mega Evolution! Good middle stage starters! Join Avenue-ish thing!

I was thinking of getting the game later in the year, but now I need to buy it when it comes out. Also this would have been the perfect time to drop Mega Flygon, but oh well. At least Mega Evolution is back.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I just hope hackers don't leak the whole game through the demo like they did with OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire.

Gamefreak would need to stop putting the whole game into the demo in order for that to not happen.

God knows they won't lol, it's best to just leave the internet before hand.

Aetius

Well, the wait was worth it!
So many things were revealed that I don't even know where to start from!
Off to the Sun & Moon threads!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I really hope they clear off most of the leftover text data from the demo.

At least with ORAS, we knew who the trainers are, what Pokemon they had (to a degree), and the Delta Episode revealed Zinnia shortly afterwards.

Which would bring up the second problem with ORAS's pre-release. They revealed most of the material that would have made a good surprise.