• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Competitively yes. Lore-wise it is far too bland.

Solaire_of_Astora

Warrior of Sunlight
Maybe there'll be some more "lore" on it as the news is revealed!

Ajduk

So it is unconfirmed but type Null ''changes type based on items it holds'' which just makes me thing that it is a failed Arceus clone created to fight the Ultra Beasts.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So it is unconfirmed but type Null ''changes type based on items it holds'' which just makes me thing that it is a failed Arceus clone created to fight the Ultra Beasts.
It may not be Arceus per se.

I was thinking about it yesterday, but because of the name, Type: Null, and the various parts the Pokemon is made from, the ability to change types makes sense in those respects.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Alolan Grimer... Alright.

I hope those other pages get translated soon, I'm really curious as to what they look like...

AmethystLeslie

Alola Grimer looks alright. I can just imagine getting that on Wonder Trade and doing a double take, cuz Grimer's shiny is also green.

Really interested in those Type: Null and Jangmo-o evos.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Well this reveal has been pathetic so far. But in all fairness I don't see much else new they could reveal. I personally am still waiting for the official names of the protagonists.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Alolan Grimer... Alright.

I hope those other pages get translated soon, I'm really curious as to what they look like...
At this point, I'm not that surprised. All pokémon that have gotten Alolan forms so far have been ones that are either useless in competitive battles (if you follow Smogon's battle tiers) and/or ones that nobody seemed to like or care about up until now. (yes, people still love the Vulpix line, but Ninetails is listed in Smogon's PU tier)

This is also one of the reasons why I've been loving these forms more than mega evolutions since they're giving these special forms to pokémon who now feel like underdogs that just needed a little more love

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Well this reveal has been pathetic so far. But in all fairness I don't see much else new they could reveal. I personally am still waiting for the official names of the protagonists.
This isn't the whole CoroCoro leak, tho, it's just a page of it. I'm sure the rest has some more promising info.

This is also one of the reasons why I've been loving these forms more than mega evolutions since they're giving these special forms to pokémon who now feel like underdogs that just needed a little more love
Couldn't the same be said for Megas?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Couldn't the same be said for Megas?
I definitely felt that a number of unloved pokémon got mega evolutions, especially in OR/AS, but they were also given to a lot of pokémon who were still popular and useful in battles and, with the exception of some pokémon such as Mawile and Kangaskhan, they became the main megas that almost everyone seemed to be using.

So far, it seems like they've only been giving Alolan forms to unloved &/or useless pokémon

Last edited:

AceTrainerBen

I think the new grimer was designed to look derpy, I like it, but I wanna read the lore and flavour text on the official site, before I pass anymore judgement.

Also, it'ld be interesting to see both the genwunners and their haters spin this, because I always see both of them bring up the grimer line, and compare it to the trubbish line and newer pokes.

Last edited:

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
Hi guys. Yesterday, I read somwhere else, that ORAS had officially surpassed HGSS in sales (HGSS was around 12.7 millions iirc), thanks to the boost in sales due to Poekmon Go.

Is there any source for this?

Last edited:

clbgolden12

I really do not understand the guy who is leaking CoroCoro. He's only showed one page, and now he's just saying everything else through text instead showing pictures of the actual magezine. Why?

AceTrainerBen

I really do not understand this guy who leaked CoroCoro. He's only showed one page, and now he's just saying everything else through text instead showing pictures of the actual magezine. Why?

I find it suspicious too, perhaps it's a hoax?

Or perhaps it isn't there own personal copy, so could only get one photo???

It's definitely a very weird situation, that I don't think we've seen in while, if ever.

Last edited:

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
I'm having the strangest feeling that the leaked scan is perhaps a very well fabricated fake.

Mostly because of how the Alolan Meowth is placed behind that Alolan Grimer, but also the wait for the rest of the leaks

Drakonekoshi

I'm very happy there's an Alolan Grimer

I'm starting to think the other info is a hoax, now it's saying all of Jangmo-o's evolutions were leaked? and those names...I refuse to believe it.

Elchar

Seriously, are Alolan forms only for gen 1 Pokémon? Please let that not be the case because that would make no sense.