• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

BCVM22

Nintendo officially spoke about one of the datamined leaks in the Sun and Moon demo.

No, they didn't, because it's their and most other companies' policy not to discuss anything they haven't revealed themselves.

If you're referring to the Polygon article, they do a real fine job of giving the impression that they spoke to Nintendo on the subject recently as a direct result of the leaks, and then surreptitiously mentioning that it was an off-the-record discussion months ago.

So no, there remains nothing "official" about this leak.

AceTrainerBen

this post isn't directed at anyone in particular,

I think it's fine to talk about the leaks, it's still news regardless of being officially revealed.

I guess the other option is to start a new thread if there isn't one already, but I'm on my phone so I'm leaving it up to someone else.

While I totally get the desire not to be spoiled, visiting a pokemon forum of all places, and then asking everyone to play by your rules is just unrealistic and demanding. unless of course you're just enquiring as to the permission to do so, then go right ahead.

Also, I tried to avoid intel post xy release, so I know how tricky it was without even using the forum part of serebii often, so honestly good luck with that.

I recommend instead either cutting your losses by checking the leaks then try not to freak out too much, or just lessen your use of the forum or pokemon related Internetz until post launch. This way you atleast won't be worrying about spoilers 24/7.

Last edited:

Akashin

I think it's fine to talk about the leaks, it's still news regardless of being officially revealed.

I guess the other option is to start a new thread if there isn't one already, but I'm on my phone so I'm leaving it up to someone else.

lastly, while I totally get the desire not to be spoiled, visiting a pokemon forum of all places, and then asking everyone to play by your rules is just unrealistic. I tried to avoid intel post xy release so I know how tricky it was without even using the forum part of serebii often, so honestly good luck with that.

I recommend instead either cutting your losses and checking the leaks then try not to freak out too much, or just lessen your use of the forum or pokemon related Internetz until post launch.

So people that want to discuss what is actually revealed legitimately but not be spoiled on everything should take a hike? How is that preferable to, I don't know, people that want to discuss the leaks doing so in the thread designated for it?

The occasional person inadvertently saying the wrong thing and somebody who didn't want to be spoiled seeing it is inevitable, but that doesn't mean no effort to contain the leak and spare people who don't want to be spoiled should be made.

Edit: And while we're at it, yes the leaks are 'news' per se, but that they're not official is the entire point. The thread is called Official Pokemon News for a reason.

Last edited:

AceTrainerBen

So people that want to discuss what is actually revealed legitimately but not be spoiled on everything should take a hike? How is that preferable to, I don't know, people that want to discuss the leaks doing so in the thread designated for it?

The occasional person inadvertently saying the wrong thing and somebody who didn't want to be spoiled seeing it is inevitable, but that doesn't mean no effort to contain the leak and spare people who don't want to be spoiled should be made.

Edit: And while we're at it, yes the leaks are 'news' per se, but that they're not official is the entire point. The thread is called Official Pokemon News for a reason.

I actually just finished editing the initial post before realising you commented so urge you to read it, as I realised I wasn't clear enough.

Anyway, there are a bunch of threads erroneously titled official, and after reading the first post I couldn't find anything saying we can't discuss leaks, considering they're from within the games themselves.

BUT I actually think we agree, why should people who don't want to burry their head in the sand have to take a hike? because other tiny threads are likely going to be dead in a week anyway.

I'm personally waiting for the go ahead from the people who run this thread, as it's going to remain a contentious subject otherwise.

ALSO:
YOU CAN CATCH ALL 8 ULTRA BEASTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExPzkvMutmI

Edit: At the time of writing turns out there actually is a data mined related thread available. So I deleted part of my Initial reply.
Here is the datamine thread.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...LL-DATAMINED-SPOILERS-GO-HERE-NO-SPOILER-TAGS

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Sorry about that. GoNintendo had a post that said Nintendo officially discussed it. At least through an interview with GameXplain, they did confirm something that the leaks revealed. Alolan formes are indeed exclusive to Generation I Pokemon. Here's a quote from the interview explaining why.
Q: What made you want to introduce Alola forms?

A: So this being a 20th anniv. Title, I felt like this was a good moment to reflect back on Pokemon and what are Pokemon--these living creatures. And one of the ideas I got that might be interesting was that Pokemon that moved to the Alola region would evolve into unique ways kind of similar to what you see in the Galapagos islands so that’s where the inspiration came from. And we really went with the Pokemon that originally appeared in the Kanto region because they were the most recognized by long-term fans and we felt like we could express this concept of unique evolution best with these most recognized Pokemon so one example is the Eggsecutor, its neck grows really long in the Alola region. We worked on each of the original Kanto Pokemon and see how they would adapt in the Alola environment.
A: It’s also kind of a sign of our appreciation to have this special surprise for the fans that have been with us for the entire 20 years,

Q: Is Gen 1 the only Alola form of Pokemon?

A: Yeah, we based our decision to do the Kanto Pokemon based off the--we really wanted to make people really surprised with this and we felt that it would be most effective by selecting those Pokemon.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Masuda retweeted it.

Cradily17

alolanpersian.jpg

Dear God. What on earth is THAT?

BCVM22

It's Alolan Persian. The head is round, not unlike Meowth's. I know it's a shock but we're gonna get through this together and all be stronger people for it.

Rio!

Composer
Looks like it's a merchandise line. Nothing game-related.

Which doesn't stop it from being amazing.

That is just downright adorable. /says he not mega-pikachu fan.