• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Well, during the first ten years it was on Kids WB. And it's been on Cartoon Network since 2006, which was ten years ago. So moving the anime dub to another station again is a good way to keep things fresh for another decade. I wonder if it being on Disney XD means we'll see Pikachu with some Disney characters during commercial breaks.

Seeing pikachu crossover with mickey is too good to pass by.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I have yet to play the game for myself GOSH DARN WHY DO WE STILL COUNT AS EUROPE ANYWAY?!, but have seen some reports of saving glitches in Sun and Moon games.

The current locations I would advise you avoid saving at are:
• any Pokémon Centre
• the Battle Tree

It is advised that you avoid saving in the aforementioned locations until a patch is released. Now get back to playing the game!

Sαpphire

Johto Champion

I really wish we had updated, official sales that included downloads, because I think it's fair to assume that (since gaming is growing increasingly digital) SM might be outpacing XY in overall sales. That's especially true when you note that the physical sales were actually really close in Japan - any decent lead digitally would place them ahead overall as well.

I also think that demand in places like the US and Europe will be way higher compared to XY than in Japan, but hey, we'll see.

Still the best games so far IMO!

Ajduk

Greetings, denizens of planet Earth and planet Europe,

I salute you from moon...umh...Shitstain, my homeworld that orbits around planet Europe!

Despite our ''best'' efforts we weren't even capable of getting the game launched here on the same date that planet Europe gets it and I am sick and tired of having to avoid almost every internet page that I regulary visit due to spoilers being everywhere. I was thinking of doing the unthinkable...buying a digital copy of the game! :O
However, I've never done so because for some weird reason I just need to have the physical copies but now that I'm getting punished for that need I might as well go with the digital one. For those who have bought digital copies of pokemon (from XY onwards) I would just like to ask you specifically about the cons of getting the digital version because I have no experience with that. I'm mostly concerned on getting the events and the ability to transfer pokemon through pokebank. I know that if the SD card gets corrupted that you lose all of your progress but I've heard that it is an extremely rare occurrence.

Thank you for your help.
This is the ambassador of moon Shitstain signing off

Last edited:

BCVM22

There are no objective cons to buying the digital version.

Some people (me included) still prefer having a physical copy to marvel at and appreciate the extra durability that comes with having your save file on a cartridge rather than an SD card. Get past all of that and the digital versions operate identically in every appreciable facet.

Ajduk

There are no objective cons to buying the digital version.

Some people (me included) still prefer having a physical copy to marvel at and appreciate the extra durability that comes with having your save file on a cartridge rather than an SD card. Get past all of that and the digital versions operate identically in every appreciable facet.

What about the risk of getting your SD card corrupted and losing all the process? Is it low enough to ignore?

BCVM22

Keep your device and your card well-maintained and in good working order and the risk is minimal. It's no more of a risk with your 3DS than it is with any other device that uses removable memory, like a digital camera. Happenstance or wear and tear over time could damage or corrupt a game card or your system's internal memory just as easily, which is to say not particularly easily at all.

Ajduk

Thanks!
I'll wait a couple of more hours to get the physical copy ETA. If it is indeed coming several days later I'll just get the digital one. There is no reason to torture myself anymore.

Pokemon Power

Well, it's been here for nearly a week. Now to wait for the next game announcement. It'll probably be a spin-off game featuring Generation VII Pokemon.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Nintendo PR on SM sales:

After becoming the most pre-ordered video games in Nintendo history, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon – the latest games in the wildly popular Pokémon franchise – have now become the fastest-selling games that Nintendo has ever launched in the Americas. In less than two weeks, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems sold a combined total of 3.7 million units. That’s an 85 percent increase over Pokémon X and Pokémon Y – the previous record holders for Nintendo’s fastest-selling games – during the same period when those games launched in 2013.

Pokemon Power

Glad to hear!! I think one of the reasons why, is the fact that it's gonna be compatible with the VC versions of the original Red, Blue and Yellow.

BCVM22

I think you would be extremely hard pressed to prove compatibility with the VC releases had any appreciable effect on sales.

Torpoleon

Amazing sales figures thus far! I look forward to how SM performs for the rest of 2016 (which we probably won't know until early February when Nintendo releases their earnings report).

I wonder if SM will become the first main series games since GS to sell over 20 million. At the very least, I'll settle for higher than XY's LTD sales (15.64 million, though if you ask me I could see XY even outsell RS!). Crazy to see all these sales records on Nintendo's lowest selling handheld system (that will be turning 6 in a few short months)!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Wait a Mo? When did Browser become Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Nintendo?

Back in August.

Amazing sales figures thus far! I look forward to how SM performs for the rest of 2016 (which we probably won't know until early February when Nintendo releases their earnings report).

I wonder if SM will become the first main series games since GS to sell over 20 million. At the very least, I'll settle for higher than XY's LTD sales (15.64 million, though if you ask me I could see XY even outsell RS!). Crazy to see all these sales records on Nintendo's lowest selling handheld system (that will be turning 6 in a few short months)!

Bear in mind that XY didn't release one week before Black Friday, unlike SM. SM's sales will likely be far more frontloaded than XY's were because of that.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Back in August.

Bear in mind that XY didn't release one week before Black Friday, unlike SM. SM's sales will likely be far more frontloaded than XY's were because of that.

That might be true, but the good news is that they've sold 7.1m in the Americas, Europe, and Japan, from available figures - and that's not including download sales in some places or much of their release window in Japan. Additionally, we're still in the heart of the holiday season and they'll probably sell well through Christmas.

This is really exciting - by year's end there's a slim but real chance they could outsell X and Y, and by the one-year mark they honestly could hit that magic 20 million mark Torpoleon mentioned. Whatever the final tally, the fact that the franchise is still so huge is something we can all be thankful for!

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Torpoleon

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
So, I am now downloading both the second chance Arceus and Internet Meloetta on all four of my generation VI games. I am also looking forward to the Magearna QR event starting Monday.

This sure has been a great year for events. I counted all the ones I received personally, from the beginning of the year all the way to the Magearna event I plan on receiving soon.
If my count was correct, that is twenty-four different events, with me receiving multiples of most of them. Counting each individual Pokémon, that makes about over 60 Pokémon from events. Wow.
I am including everything from the 20th anniversary events to the Ash-Greninja from the S/M Demo, and more. I have received both shiny and non-shiny events, both low level ones and level 100 ones. From Gamestop codes to Internet downloads, from Demo Pokémon to Newsletter and Pokebank events, this has been nice.
Sure, I have had most of the specific Pokémon already, but having new ones (some with new attributes, such as shininess/HAs/etc.) is great.

This makes me wonder what new events will come next year. I hope Marshadow arrives sooner rather than later, but who knows.