• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

rmctagg09

Wandering Researcher
From what I can tell pre-Gen VII mons that don't show up in SM don't have new Dex entries, they just have the ones from the previous Bank-compatible games.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Akashin

From what I can tell pre-Gen VII mons that don't show up in SM don't have new Dex entries, they just have the ones from the previous Bank-compatible games.

That's to be expected. Some of them will likely get new entries if they appear in coming games, though.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Last edited:

BCVM22

I just updated Pokemon Bank, and I'm only gonna say one thing: I HOPE TO GOD THAT THE POKEMON I STORED ON THERE ALREADY DON'T GET ERASED!!!!!! I spent months hoarding Pokemon in there just so transfer them to Sun and Moon! They better not delete my Pokemon in there!!!

The Pokémon aren't stored locally. Your Bank app is nothing more than a portal to the cloud servers. You could even delete it, redownload it and sign in again and nothing would change.

BCVM22

Bank doesn't change the fact that Ice Fang isn't anywhere in Rockruff's learnable moves. The move would have to be in its egg move list to be breedable, which it isn't. Thunder Fang is, however.

Pokemon Power

From what I've seen on the Bank National Pokedex, I think we can now officially clarify the Ultra Beasts and Tapu Guardians as Legendary Pokemon.

BCVM22

If anything, doesn't Bank tell us the exact opposite, with them not having the motion-holofoil backgrounds?

Probably a good sign that it's best not to worry too much about how they're "officially" classified.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Anyone have clarification on whether non-Alolan forms are eligible for VGC or if they're treated as different entities?

gliscor&yanmega

If anything, doesn't Bank tell us the exact opposite, with them not having the motion-holofoil backgrounds?

Probably a good sign that it's best not to worry too much about how they're "officially" classified.
Comes down to how a bunch of other Legendary Pokemon don't have them(Basically anything that isn't a game mascot or Mythical). People will probably debate about it regardless.

BCVM22

Comes down to how a bunch of other Legendary Pokemon don't have them(Basically anything that isn't a game mascot or Mythical). People will probably debate about it regardless.

Which, again, is probably a good indicator that it's best not to worry too much about how they're "officially" classified.

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
Seems the Mewnium Z can only transfer to one game. I opened Bank with Sun inserted and got the Z Crystal there, but got nothing upon putting in Moon later. This is unfortunate, because unlike the Pokémon gifts from the past, there is no way to send the Z Crystal to the other game (it cannot be traded as a held item, even). People who bought both games are permanently locked out of getting the Z Crystal in one of their games.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Not only that, but due to how Z-Crystals work(due to functionally being key items), it is impossible to have Mewnium in a potential future game.

Anyone have clarification on whether non-Alolan forms are eligible for VGC or if they're treated as different entities?
They are confirmed to be non-eligible:
https://twitter.com/pokemon_PhD/status/824082158902013952

Huh, wondering, now with Bank out, can Rockruff get Ice fang bred onto it? I mean it can get Fire fang, why not rest the fang moves?
No, and if it was available you would be able to bred it onto Rockruff through Stoutland at the very least.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So, the remaining mega stones will be given as tournament-entry prizes? What a letdown.

Anyway, interesting seeing that people asked about it so much, they had to address it. Hopefully that will make them realize people are more interested on mega evolutions than on silly dancing/fancy one-time-use moves.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
It's nice that the missing Mega Stones are being distributed via Online Competitions but I'd still much rather be able to get them myself in game. Knowing my luck the stone I want the most won't be distributed for a long time because Audino isn't the most popular of Megas around. Beedrillite being released so soon is quite surprising though, and at least this gives me a reason to actually participate in one of these competitions for once.