• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow. We just got S/M like six months ago. Are people really tired of them already and actually expecting a new core game this year?

Well we got Or/As a year after X/Y, so it's not implausible that we'd get a new game a year after Sun and Moon. I didn't have high expectations for that in the recent Nintendo Direct however. To me it just didn't seem like it was hyped up enough to have info on a new main Pokemon game unlike some previous ones.

Tuoko

Well we got Or/As a year after X/Y, so it's not implausible that we'd get a new game a year after Sun and Moon. I didn't have high expectations for that in the recent Nintendo Direct however. To me it just didn't seem like it was hyped up enough to have info on a new main Pokemon game unlike some previous ones.

To be fair, none of the Pokemon games, except for spin-offs (and VC releases) have been announced in Nintendo Directs before. All of them were by themselves, while later trailers for the games themselves have popped up in Nintendo Directs before.

We still have the rest of this month and May to go, if we pass May with no main series announcement, then we'll be waiting for next year.

R_N

What are the odds that we'd get an announcement of a main Pokemon game at E3 if we get nothing beforehand?

Always possible but not likely. ORAS may as well have been revealed at e3 for all the nothing they showed in the intial teaser in May, but nevertheless they still announed it through that method.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wow. We just got S/M like six months ago. Are people really tired of them already and actually expecting a new core game this year?

It's not a matter of being bored with Sun and Moon and needing a new game, it's simply the fact that over the course of the past three generations, there has only been 2 years that didn't see the release of a new game. At this point, it seems more likely than not at any given year that we will have a new title. And since we're in the proper time frame, we could get one announced at any time.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
It's not a matter of being bored with Sun and Moon and needing a new game, it's simply the fact that over the course of the past three generations, there has only been 2 years that didn't see the release of a new game. At this point, it seems more likely than not at any given year that we will have a new title. And since we're in the proper time frame, we could get one announced at any time.

And since one of those two years was 2015, a quite recent year, I'm definitely expecting something this year. Next year is another matter though.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So I guess that,

Corocoro May-Marshadow and Seven-Star Strike
Corocoro June-Ho-Oh event
Corocoro July-Necrozma teaser

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The US always seems to miss the more interesting Shiny events, mainly Jirachi, Diancie, and the Hydo Pump level 99 Magikarp.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
SuMo's current sales are close to BW's lifetime sales, 15.64(shipped, according to Nintendo)/15.15(retail, according to VGChartz).

Last edited:

R_N

SuMo's current sales are close to BW's lifetime sales, 15.64(shipped, according to Nintendo)/15.15(retail, according to VGChartz).

When pokemon goes hard on advertising, they go hard
If I remember the last time I looked up sales, SM has outsold ORAS and is approaching XY's lifetime sales, too

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
This means now that Sun/Moon combined are the second best selling games on the 3DS, right behind X/Y. It's actually pretty close too, with Sun/Moon at 15.44 million and X/Y are at 16.11 million. There's even a chance Sun/Moon could outsell X/Y at this point, but time will tell if it actually happens or not though.

Just goes to show how powerful of a brand Pokémon really is.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Looks like we will cover all Mega Stones by end of this year.

Ascended Dialga

The Pokémon Company just announced a Midnight Form Lycanroc giveaway for Europe. It has the moves Fire Fang, Stone Edge, Sucker Punch, and Swords Dance with the No Guard ability and a Life Orb. Honestly, I don't see the point of this giveaway apart from the fact that it's in a Cherish Ball. I think they should have either made it shiny or given it an exclusive move (like they did with the Sludge Bomb Zoroark).

EDIT: The purpose of this Lycanroc is to promote the Guardians Rising TCG expansion.

Last edited:

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
The Pokémon Company just announced a Midnight Form Lycanroc giveaway for Europe. It has the moves Fire Fang, Stone Edge, Sucker Punch, and Swords Dance with the No Guard ability and a Life Orb. Honestly, I don't see the point of this giveaway apart from the fact that it's in a Cherish Ball. I think they should have either made it shiny or given it an exclusive move (like they did with the Sludge Bomb Zoroark).

EDIT: The purpose of this Lycanroc is to promote the Guardians Rising TCG expansion.

On top of that, Japan gets these random distributions all the time.

Pokemon Power

I've got a feeling that this month, Nintendo will spill the beans on the next main series Pokemon game. I wonder if it will be sequels to Sun and Moon, or Diamond and Pearl remakes, or something completely different.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I've got a feeling that this month, Nintendo will spill the beans on the next main series Pokemon game. I wonder if it will be sequels to Sun and Moon, or Diamond and Pearl remakes, or something completely different.

We can only hope. Personally I hope we get the former or a third version so that I can feel confident that trainer customization and perhaps Festival Plaza can still be a thing.