• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Pokemon Power

Rumors about Red&Green remakes due to the japanese twitter recently posting some RG related posts.

Awful. And more awful after the last few years where they pandering about Kanto. God pls GameFreak let this shitty region finally go.

Well, I can understand it. Kanto was the very first region in Pokemon history. Besides, it may be sequels, since the ending of Sun and Moon suggests it. Any excuse to return to the Sevii Islands from FireRed and LeafGreen is fine by me.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Only thing I'm hoping it isn't is Kanto remakes. Personally I don't like the region much at all, and definitely wouldn't be interested in buying them. The only exception for me would be if they had Johto paired with it (like HGSS, but reversed I guess, starting in Kanto and going to Johto). Would love Gen 4 remakes but a part of me is doubting it will happen, as I feel like this direct will be about a Switch Pokemon game like a Colosseum or 'Stars'.

BCVM22

Doesn't mean you can put words into my mouth though, I'm talking about people saying " it could be pokken!" when there's 0 clue towards that. Its unecesarry.

Are you certain you know what it means to "put words in your mouth"? As I didn't attribute a single statement to you.

I am saying that managing of expectations and less overreaction is not a bad thing and we might collectively stand to try it. So far we've had people seemingly expecting 2-3 titles out of tomorrow, people believing that "they like disappointing people," people already angry at tomorrow's announcement based on what they think it is, and so on. Is it controversial to suggest that less of that and slightly cooler heads is somehow a bad thing?

pokemaster442

いくZ!
I was thinking it was going to take place after gen 8 main games as gen 2,4, and 6 had remakes.

I thought that but usually the pattern has been after 10 years remakes of originals have come out. g/s/c released in 1999 and came out 2009. same for r/g/b/y with fr/lg.

But as with all things, nintendo and game freak have been many times unpredictable

Phillies

Oh I guess it should have been strike fear.
Doesn't mean you can put words into my mouth though, I'm talking about people saying " it could be pokken!" when there's 0 clue towards that. Its unecesarry.

There is just enough evidence for that as there is a main series game. There are no clues at all that I am aware of other than there being an announcement tomorrow.

Not really sure why people are expecting a main game for the Switch considering the console just launched recently. I mean, 3DS didn't get its main Pokemon game until 2013. IF DP remake or a 3rd installment for SuMo is going to be announced, it's going to be for 3DS. But I'm not betting on big titles for tomorrow. It could be that new Android/IOS Pokemon Rumble game that's going to be announced and for its release date and if there would be a Switch announcement, it could be an enhanced Pokken Tournament game and maybe some classic games like GSC for the virtual console.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I hope we don't get Kanto remakes unless Lillie is a playable character :D

Anyways if this is for a main series game then I expect either a third version, sequels, or DP remakes for the 3ds.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I thought that but usually the pattern has been after 10 years remakes of originals have come out. g/s/c released in 1999 and came out 2009. same for r/g/b/y with fr/lg.

But as with all things, nintendo and game freak have been many times unpredictable

Actually, FRLG came out only 8 years after the originals (RGB: 1996) (FRLG: 2004) and ORAS came out 12 years after the originals (RS: 2002) (ORAS: 2014). They can be unpredictable and announce a Sinnoh remake. Patterns are being broken all of the time. You didn't expect BW2 to come out instead of Gray, No Z, Ash not catching a Grass-type, or the removal of gyms. The era of predictability is over. Accept it, pal.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
>8 minute presentation
>60 seconds per minute
>Probably runs at 30 FPS

they can potentially reveal up to 14,400 Pokemon games tomorrow

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Not really sure why people are expecting a main game for the Switch considering the console just launched recently. I mean, 3DS didn't get its main Pokemon game until 2013. IF DP remake or a 3rd installment for SuMo is going to be announced, it's going to be for 3DS. But I'm not betting on big titles for tomorrow. It could be that new Android/IOS Pokemon Rumble game that's going to be announced and for its release date and if there would be a Switch announcement, it could be an enhanced Pokken Tournament game and maybe some classic games like GSC for the virtual console.

Yep. GF is a slow adapter. If a Switch game is being made it would've been in development before the console's launch. I don't think that they'll do that because of the chance that the console is a flop. The announcement of the 2DSXL proves that Nintendo will continue on the 3DS line. I believe that the next game is for the 3DS.

Xuxuba

I know it's probably a 3ds game but honestly i have no interest on the ds now that the switch is out...

TheEliteEmpoleon

I know it's probably a 3ds game but honestly i have no interest on the ds now that the switch is out...

This is where I stand on the matter. Moving to the Switch in any way is a good step for GF, and the sooner the better. It doesn't even have to be a total movement either; they can still make stuff for the 3DS, as long as the Switch is being focused on as well.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
To be honest, I'm fine with re-visiting Kanto... as long it's after G/S/C's events. Who knows, maybe the region won't suck (what most people think) as much as in the old days. Perhaps we can also play as Lillie. (I would totally buy a Switch for that alone!)

Praying the new games make it to 3DS.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Agree with Ultimate Ninja. I'm done with the Kanto overglorification season.

Only time I want to go back to Kanto is to follow Lillie's journey and even then just to get out ASAP

Excited for direct though!

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Holy heck, I did not expect that!

Since it's eight minutes, it'll probably just be a new mainline game and maybe something else.