• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

supersarepi

What confuses me about USUM's mascots is that people here seem to be referring to them as forms of Solgaleo and Lunala, not forms of Necrozma. Has it ever been confirmed anywhere? Hopefully Corocoro gives us names and types.

BCVM22

Has it ever been confirmed anywhere?

Nothing's been confirmed. But it's sort of obvious, given that they are visibly and literally Solgaleo and Lunala, in their powered-up forms, wearing shards of Necrozma as armor. If they were forms of Necrozma (and not of the duo), wouldn't it be more the other way around to some degree? Especially compared to the designs of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, which make it similarly obvious that either one is Kyurem + the power of a counterpart, and not the inverse of that.

Thure

What confuses me about USUM's mascots is that people here seem to be referring to them as forms of Solgaleo and Lunala, not forms of Necrozma. Has it ever been confirmed anywhere? Hopefully Corocoro gives us names and types.

Thay look like Solgaleo and Lunala with armor. Not like Necrozma with bonus (like Kyurem with bonus).

supersarepi

I guess that makes sense. What got me thinking was a post I read (speculation, I know) theorising that the two new forms were Necrozma when it was exposed to the power of Solgaleo or Lunala. Given that the power of Solgaleo/Lunala influences the form of Lycanroc, it wouldn't be unprecedented. Though I do agree that the two forms look more like Solgaleo/Lunala than Necrozma, so the theory is probably wrong.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think that Necrozma will definitely be the main Legendary and have version exclusive looks. I also think Zygarde will finally have a big role in the games and that it comes out of hiding to protect Alola because Necrozma is affecting the sun or moon depending on which version you play and is threatening all life in the region. Necrozma and the version exclusive Legendary pose a threat because Ultra Beasts flood Alola and on a much larger scale this time around.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Kabutops, Sableye, Toxicroak and Granbull in PU BAA-HAHAHA!

Already the think tank at Smogon needs to clear it's head, a lot. They must be focused on a fixed point. Some of these are just... I mean Arceuslite Silvally? Skuntank PU?! Do they not understand why A-Muk telescopes the tier system up to Ubers?!

And Liepard in PU, those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it...

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Confusion was nerfed in Gen VII to affect only %33 of the time, which means it never occurs in simulator play and almost irrelevant in VGCs. T-Wave has also got its accuracy dropped, making it a standard status move(it also doesn't lower speed to 1/3rd of the original speed, but instead halves it, so an Agility will fix the stat reduction).

Effectively, Parafusion Liepard is a waste of space and time these days.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
While the nerfs were necessary and exactly why people used Liepard, never underestimate the ludicrousness of SwagPlay, especially when you can just cheese things with Foul Play right after. Of course, now Swagger can't be used so all this is moot anyways, but that's because it was just so delicious.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So did Corocoro leak yet?

From the looks of it, there doesn't seem to be a Corocoro issue this month, as the only impending issue I see in the news is the August 2017 issue, which comes out in July.

At either rate, I don't think there will be anything Pokémon-related anyway.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't think we'll get anything related to USUM yet if that's what people are wondering. Maybe there will be something else about the upcoming movie since it's only about a month away.

supersarepi

Check the homepage, it has leaked. Ultra Scoop 2 is about Marshadow and it's signature Z move, Ultra Scoop 3 is about the Ho-oh event to be distributed by serial code in next month's issue. No word as of this post on Ultra Scoop 1, it could be USUM news. If so, it'd be very minor. Personally I'd be happy with confirmation that the new forms are of Solgaleo/Lunala, not Necrozma, so I only want their names.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Guess Ho-oh will be next month's focus.

I suspect we won't see anything significant until August.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So does anyone know what the basis for Marshadow is, beyond just a shadow thief? I'm interested in the meaning behind the name of its Z-Move Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike (Wow, that's a mouthfull). As an amateur astronomer, I have an interest in the star part. Seven stars usually refer to the big dipper, the most well-known asterism (fancy word for a pattern of stars that's not a constellation) with seven stars, but I can find no connection between Marshadow and the mythology of the Big Dipper and the emblem for the Z-Move, which shows seven stars, looks nothing like it.

Thure

So does anyone know what the basis for Marshadow is, beyond just a shadow thief? I'm interested in the meaning behind the name of its Z-Move Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike (Wow, that's a mouthfull). As an amateur astronomer, I have an interest in the star part. Seven stars usually refer to the big dipper, the most well-known asterism (fancy word for a pattern of stars that's not a constellation) with seven stars, but I can find no connection between Marshadow and the mythology of the Big Dipper and the emblem for the Z-Move, which shows seven stars, looks nothing like it.

Because we speaking about Hawaii I would say the 'Seven Stars' could also refer to the Pleiades. The Pleiades are an important constellation in Hawaii and mark the New Year.

http://www.ksbe.edu/imua/article/the-rise-of-makalii-marks-a-hawaiian-new-year/

And as a German I reference the Pleiades more often with seven stars because it's often called 'Siebengestirn' (Seven Stars) in German.