• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I like to think Nashville has gain a lot of popularity recently thanks to Hockey. Last year's NHL All-Star game was held there and the Nashville Predators went to the Stanley Cup Finals this year. Very successful from both events.

That or they just wanted put the VGC there for the Southern people.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'll be ready for the Marshadow event. Hope this gets us closer to a Ash cap Pikachu event.

What do you mean by closer?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Like getting us a official release of them.

This is probably all stuff scheduled way ahead of time. It's not like them releasing Marshadow speeds up the Pikachu event.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
"Erhhhhh" is how I feel about the new battle competition. Mega Garchomp and a select few others will comprise it- and with one pokemon only it's not going to be very varied at all.
What would have been leagues better would be to allow 6 Mega-Evolution pokemon and allow all 6 of them to M-Evolve. That would be a great new metagame to get behind.

Thure

"Erhhhhh" is how I feel about the new battle competition. Mega Garchomp and a select few others will comprise it- and with one pokemon only it's not going to be very varied at all.
What would have been leagues better would be to allow 6 Mega-Evolution pokemon and allow all 6 of them to M-Evolve. That would be a great new metagame to get behind.

Isn't Garchomp without Mega Stone but with Life Orb way better than M Garchomp?

Yeah normal Garchomp is probably better. The speed decrease puts the mega at a real disadvantage. especially considering it stops you from mega evolving anything else.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails

Yeah, but all battles are 1v1 anyways so....who cares?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Removal of Online support for SMD is odd, since it is done by a bug update. Chunsoft is the only company I know to remove online play (well, online videos in this case) through this method.

Anyways, this confirms the next MD is coming soon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Removal of Online support for SMD is odd, since it is done by a bug update. Chunsoft is the only company I know to remove online play (well, online videos in this case) through this method.

I was very surprised to see an update for two year old game.

Anyways, this confirms the next MD is coming soon.

I sure hope so, but isn't it also possible they just didn't want to maintain the servers any longer?

R_N

It means they didn't see much point in continuing to devote server resources to a game pushing two years old. It doesn't confirm anything beyond that.

Also it's just a weird side mode. If there's any reason for it getting the axe its because of the Theater part of Meowth's Theater
After you are done with a dungeon, you'll automatically save the footage of your progress through the dungeon. From here, you'll have the ability to watch your playthrough of the dungeon, or upload your playthrough for other people to watch.
Getting rid of this sole piece of online functionality is probably not integral to their plans for mystery dungeon.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
After Legendary Beasts, Ho-Oh is next for GO. After that, if they don't distribute Mew and Celebi soon, Gen 3 Pokémon will surely be in GO soon.*

I am expecting Celebi distribution regardless as a substitute for Crystal's GS Ball event.

*Which, if happens, means RS for VC is coming soon, and GO integration will be delayed for Gen 8.

R_N

After Legendary Beasts, Ho-Oh is next for GO. After that, if they don't distribute Mew and Celebi soon, Gen 3 Pokémon will surely be in GO soon.*

I am expecting Celebi distribution regardless as a substitute for Crystal's GS Ball event.

*Which, if happens, means RS for VC is coming soon, and GO integration will be delayed for Gen 8.

Gen 3 will probably come relatively soon (gen 2 was early this year right? early next year for gen 3 sounds right too) but I doubt that means RS on VC will follow just as quickly.
GBA VC (the only GBA titles remain the ambassador-exclusive ones, not proper VC titles) is still not a thing on the 3ds, the wii u is dead and I doubt gamefreak would put RS on that vc platform in the first place since it's tied to the console, Switch still doesn't have VC and the only ones they've even mentioned thus far are NES & SNES so who knows when GBA titles will trickle through.

BCVM22

*Which, if happens, means RS for VC is coming soon

Seven month gap between Johto Pokémon in GO and Gold/Silver on the Virtual Console. The latter hadn't even been announced when the former went live. And as explained above, the only hardware with a working GBA Virtual Console is a dead home console.

Gen 3 will probably come relatively soon (gen 2 was early this year right?)

February. About eight months after the app launched last July.