• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Doesn't Pokémon have its own Direct series, outside of Nintendo Direct?

With that said, shouldn't that mean we shouldn't really expect anything regarding Pokémon to appear in this upcoming Direct, should it air?

Everything12

I really only expect like maybe one or two new features, a brief look at some of the location in the game, and maybe a few more exclusive Z-Moves, if that.

R_N

Doesn't Pokémon have its own Direct series, outside of Nintendo Direct?

With that said, shouldn't that mean we shouldn't really expect anything regarding Pokémon to appear in this upcoming Direct, should it air?

It's the safer bet most of the time, though it's worth noting that SM did have a direct appearance. It showed off Alolan Rattata and nothing else and then had its own new trailer the week after.

USUM has had....like...nothing substantial thus far so a trailer isn't totally out of the question.

Vaporias

Welllllp. Japan's gonna get a shiny Silvally as an event. Part of me kinda hopes that we get it state-side too.. But given that it's a serial code event, it probably won't be nickname-able. So, I might just go through the torture of SR-ing in USUM for a shiny Type: Null.
Am curious to see what the Nintendo direct holds in terms of info though

R_N

Welllllp. Japan's gonna get a shiny Silvally as an event. Part of me kinda hopes that we get it state-side too.. But given that it's a serial code event, it probably won't be nickname-able. So, I might just go through the torture of SR-ing in USUM for a shiny Type: Null.
Am curious to see what the Nintendo direct holds in terms of info though

Well it won't fix your nickname problem, but we likely will get it stateside. There's assorted shiny silvally merch coming down the pipe line like with shiny tapu koko

R_N

And corocoro disappoints once again

Whatever at least we have names for the forms. Guessing the localized names will be a little snappier: Dawn Wings and Twilight Mane

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
And corocoro disappoints once again

Whatever at least we have names for the forms. Guessing the localized names will be a little snappier: Dawn Wings and Twilight Mane

And we also know what they are. They are officially fusions of Solgaleo/Lunala and Necrozma.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Bit surprised that these are forms of Necrozma, rather than forms of Lunala and Solgaleo as I expected.

So long, Perfect Necrozma. See you in Gen 14 Alola Remakes.

Oh and, by the way, the forms keep the same signature attacks, Moongeist Beam and Sunsteel Strike.

Note: Details like abilities will likely come to Corocoro next month, but we might see them in a trailer. The next month will likely showcase Photo Club as well.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
This reveal technically beat my expectations since I expected Corocoro to just retread Alola Photo Club or something. I was expecting nothing new whatsoever.

Pokemon Power

The new Necrozma formes will do. So Necrozma knows Absofusion like Kyurem, cool. I bet this means Absofusion will be a major ability for Legendary Pokemon down the road.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
So we now have confirmation of those two being Necrozma forms, and we even have names for them. That's something until next month, at least.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So we now have confirmation of those two being Necrozma forms, and we even have names for them. That's something until next month, at least.
Well that answered the first question we had. XD

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
The new Necrozma formes will do. So Necrozma knows Absofusion like Kyurem, cool. I bet this means Absofusion will be a major ability for Legendary Pokemon down the road.

Maybe. Maybe not. Remember, the reason fusion is a thing is because there two third versions. If you can accomplish this with just having a powerful third legendary and two alternate mascot forms, that can also be a thing in the future(which I'm pretty sure was the intention for Zygarde and rest of the Mortality Trio, but it didn't pan out).

For now, though, it is safe to assume that even generations will have third legendaries that would be expanded into next odd generation, whereas odd generations will have such fusions with increasing power for fusions and decreasing power for third legendaries.

How is that safe to assume? You're saying this based off of an extremely limited sample size, especially the part about even-numbered generations.

You would still whine about my comment if the sample size was large haha.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Interesting how these formes are of Necrozma.

You'd think it would have more of a dominant image, but I suppose that doesn't matter. Honestly, I'm glad they're Necrozma and not Solgaleo & Lunala. The game will probably be more interesting.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
For now, though, it is safe to assume that even generations will have third legendaries that would be expanded into next odd generation, whereas odd generations will have such fusions with increasing power for fusions and decreasing power for third legendaries.

How is that safe to assume? You're saying this based off of an extremely limited sample size, especially the part about even-numbered generations.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Lycanroc just got a new signature Z-Move. It is called Radial Edge Storm and works off of Stone Edge. It is Rock-type and can destroy terrains. Any of Lycanroc's three forms can use this. Rockruff can only evolve into Dusk Lycanroc if it has the ability Own Tempo, is at least Level 25, and the time is between 5 and 6 pm. The Shiny Silvally event confirmed last Monday is obtained by preordering USUM in Japan.