• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Cradily17

The trailer looks cool and all, but are there really going to be no new Alolan forms?

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
The trailer looks cool and all, but are there really going to be no new Alolan forms?

It sounds even cooler than it looks! Dat epic music!

I'm not giving up hope yet, we still have more than a month to go, with at least one mid-month update.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wow...that trailer was absolutely stunning. I felt like I was watching a trailer for a big-budget movie. Absolutely amazing.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Wow...that trailer was absolutely stunning. I felt like I was watching a trailer for a big-budget movie. Absolutely amazing.

Yea but I'm worried about all style and no substance. I'm still on the fence about these games.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yea but I'm worried about all style and no substance. I'm still on the fence about these games.

I doubt they would be able to create such an epic trailer without the appropriate story material to back it up. It would be very hard to make a trailer like that for an older Pokémon game. At the very least we are looking at what could very possibly be an amazing story.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
I have officially joined the hype train! This trailer looks awesome, and I think it is safe to say that this will be like SM just as BW2 was BW (that is to say, it's going to be amazing and different from the original)!

I'm so curious to know what all the new areas are! Also, is it just me or does the part at 56 seconds look like the PWT?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I doubt they would be able to create such an epic trailer without the appropriate story material to back it up. It would be very hard to make a trailer like that for an older Pokémon game. At the very least we are looking at what could very possibly be an amazing story.

Maybe. But I'm still very doubtful. Why did they release Sun and Moon so soon (about a year ahead of it)? For those who bought those games it would be a double dip.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm having some major issues with the forums right now. This is the only thread I've been able to post to or see new posts in, but even that is extremely iffy. Is this just me, or are others getting the same?

What a time for the site to break.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
I'm having some major issues with the forums right now. This is the only thread I've been able to post to or see new posts in, but even that is extremely iffy. Is this just me, or are others getting the same?

What a time for the site to break.

Same here :(

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Maybe. But I'm still very doubtful. Why did they release Sun and Moon so soon (about a year ahead of it)? For those who bought those games it would be a double dip.

By that logic, people who bought Red or Blue shouldn't have bought Yellow, people who bought Gold or Silver shouldn't have bought Silver, people who bought Ruby or Sapphire shouldn't have bought Emerald, and people who bought Diamond and Pearl shouldn't have bought Platinum. And yet, Game Freak continues to make games like this, and people continue to buy them. Not to mention the fact that this trailer seems to confirm that these games will be more different from their original counterparts than any third version game before them (bar possibly Black and White 2, if you count those).

Same here :(

Good to know it's not just me.

Pokemon Power

Looks like Team Skull and the Aether Cooperation have some competition. Wouldn't be surprised if they are the reason why Lusamine went crazy.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
According to Reddit's translation:
Kukui: "Yeah! It is said that long ago, when Alola was covered in darkness... The People and Pokémon of Alola vanquished the Darkness with Light."
" The Omen of the Darkness... " (1)
Burnet: Something about rare sights where holes/cracks opened up in the sky
...did indeed exist " (2)
Shionira: "The Pokémon that controls/governs Light - Necrozma..... Does it plan to steal Alola's Light!"
" This is no longer... " (1)
" ...the Alola you that you know! "
Guzma: "So... it's 'keep the enemy alive to keep us alive as well' huh?"
Gladion: "If Mom dissappears/dies as well...!"
Lusamine: "Run away please! He's a monster!!"

Aetius

Didn't expect much, but got a lot!
I'm relieved honestly and since Ohmori told us to watch it, there had to be a reason.
These games are looking more and more exciting to play.
It looks like that the story, while having many elements in common with the one from SUMO, will be a completely new one, especially after the events on the Sun/Moon Altar!

Ascended Dialga

I wasn't super excited about US/UM...until I saw this trailer, which totally blew my mind. We'll get to leave Alola and explore new worlds in Ultra Space? Yes please! Definitely a huge leap forward from S/M.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
"Do note that cover Legendary Pokémon and Mythical Pokémon are banned."

Indeed. This implies Switch games for sometime in 2019, as otherwise we would see the cover legends, as it has traditionally been for the case of previous generations.

Retroactively it also implies at least one new Mythical with alternate form for USUM.

Pokemon Power

"Do note that cover Legendary Pokémon and Mythical Pokémon are banned."

Indeed. This implies Switch games for sometime in 2019, as otherwise we would see the cover legends, as it has traditionally been for the case of previous generations.

Retroactively it also implies at least one new Mythical with alternate form for USUM.

Maybe two. Who knows.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
The new screenshots and footage make Sun and Moon look like an unfinished demo.

Yep and that makes me upset.

I'm leaning towards getting the games now... but it still makes me ticked off that they released the other games earlier and now it's a re buy (in part).

The new videos look good so far.

I wasn't super excited about US/UM...until I saw this trailer, which totally blew my mind. We'll get to leave Alola and explore new worlds in Ultra Space? Yes please! Definitely a huge leap forward from S/M.

That's what made up my mind. The new video was really good.

By that logic, people who bought Red or Blue shouldn't have bought Yellow, people who bought Gold or Silver shouldn't have bought Silver, people who bought Ruby or Sapphire shouldn't have bought Emerald, and people who bought Diamond and Pearl shouldn't have bought Platinum. And yet, Game Freak continues to make games like this, and people continue to buy them. Not to mention the fact that this trailer seems to confirm that these games will be more different from their original counterparts than any third version game before them (bar possibly Black and White 2, if you count those).

Good to know it's not just me.

Fair enough, but at least those games (Red, Blue and Yellow) weren't $40 a pop. It was $50 for two games (going by the old pricing of $25 a game). Now it's $80 for both.

Yea. But this shows that it looks like Sun and Moon weren't quite ready for prime time. The other older games never seemed to feel quite that way. Even X and Y didn't have that feeling to them.

Last edited: