• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Seems that the new trend is to release event-only berries a year prior to the end of the generation. In Gen VI, Event berries were released in February 2015. Now, they are released for January 2019 in Gen VII.
How is February 2015 a year prior to the end of Gen 6?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I like the idea of introducing unobtainable Berries to USUM. Once they are available, I'm planning to farm them in huge quantities.

Pokemon Power

[QUOTE = "PokeFreak001, post: 9045209, membre: 47761"] La dame a en fait déclaré: "Avez-vous déjà eu besoin de quelqu'un pour jouer au coucou avec pourquoi pas avec ce petit gars Pikachu, Il est le personnage le plus reconnu dans le monde de Pokemon qui a plus de 490 plus Pokemon en tout "alors elle continue sur quelle taille et quel type de choses peut tenir dedans pour comparer la taille

PS Love Tivo lol [/ DEVIS]
Quoi qu'il en soit, publiez de nouvelles informations relatives à Pokémon et ne publiez pas de contenu déjà posté ou non officiel de Nintendo lui-même.
Et vous devez avoir une ressource fiable pour poster. Mot o
La bouche ne compte pas pour la plupart des reportages. : \
Comment trouvez-vous cela? Utilisez la fonction de recherche. C'est pour ça que c'est là. : [

Nous vérifions régulièrement les reportages, surtout si vous ne postez pas de lien. Même dans ce cas, nous pouvons même vérifier via une autre source si des liens sont postés.
Sorry, I don't speak French.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
51WCfsIaZxL.jpg
51U9NnuY75L.jpg

51pj7Z7B37L.jpg
51S6lpOEmDL.jpg

Pokemon fans rejoice! The best Pokemon adaptation now has Pokemon Adventures HeartGold & SoulSilver, Black & White and Black & White 2 chapters released DIGITALLY in these formats. Keep in mind the BW2 chapter is not finished yet.

Pokemon Adventures HeartGold & Soulsilver Chapter
Pokemon Adventures Black & White Chapter
Pokemon Adventures Black & White 2 Chapter

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So I have been out of the loop for awhile, but apparently Meltan/Melmetal are getting their promos for January, so that covers the last missing Pokémon from TCG in Japan. Blacephalon is still missing a regular card, and Hapu and Molayne didn't get Full Art cards, but obviously they will be covered soon.

This means our structure looks something like this:

*Before May: Titles of the 2019 games.
*April 2019: New Pokémon/form for 2019 games for the movie.
*May 2019: First trailer possibly with Detective Pikachu.
*June-November 2019: Pre-release period.

Edit: Since Meltan and Melmetal are going to appear in the TV series proper, this means next movie's new Pokémon will be more than likely a new Mythical, as Mewtwo has two Megas and Mew has an unique Z-move.

Edit 2: Since it doesn't seem like we are getting a Pokémon Direct for January 2019, this means the next likely date is the Pokémon Day, or February 26th.

Last edited:

BCVM22

I don't think they'll tie the first game footage to Detective Pikachu - I think for as much as the franchise's American outlets will promote that film, they'll keep the two in mostly separate lanes.

I don't see why we wouldn't get the first game footage alongside the titles, just as we did the past two generations.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Detective Pikachu should solve the Case of the Missing 8th Gen Announcement while he's at it.

I don't see why we wouldn't get the first game footage alongside the titles, just as we did the past two generations.

SM's first footage wasn't when the titles were announced, they were three months later. All they gave us besides the titles was a few pieces of concept art and the ability to transfer Pokemon from the VC games.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Detective Pikachu should solve the Case of the Missing 8th Gen Announcement while he's at it.

It's still relatively early. Sun and Moon wasn't announced until the end of February.

shoz999

So big news for Blue/Green (Female Protagonist) fans and by extension Pokemon TCG and Pokemon Adventure fans. Blue is finally get her own Pokemon TCG card and this is interesting news for several reasons.

8iNjtRk.jpg

Not only is this Blue's first debut in the Pokemon TCG, she is the FIRST of the original Kanto RGB trio to enter the TCG as her own character starting with a trainer support card. Red did made his debut before Blue but alongside Pikachu in a Pokemon-focused card called "Red's Pikachu". Red has never actually appeared as his own character in the TCG. Green (Rival) has also never appeared in the Pokemon TCG once. This means Blue is the first and currently ONLY member of the RGB trio to star in her own card that focuses only on her. With the trends of Let's Go-focused cards recently, we may also get to see Red and Green in the future starring in their very own cards. Also your probably wondering why I'm calling her Blue?

As of now, the card is officially called "Blue's Search" because in Japan, Blue is "Green's" original name. This also means that likely we will see "Blue's Search" as "Green's Search" in the west later on. So you Green/Blue fans must be happy that she's actually gaining more recognition by the Pokemon Company outside of the games and manga but for the TCG fans, what does the card actually do? According to some recent sources featuring this card, "You can’t play the card if you have any Pokemon in play with abilities. Search your deck for 2 trainer cards and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck."

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Today is the day that the Wii Shop Channel shuts down for good (the ability to add Wii Points was removed last March). Here's a list of all the Pokemon games you will never be able to buy again:

My Pokemon Ranch
Pokemon Rumble
Pokemon Puzzle League (VC)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blazing, Stormy, and Light Adventure Squad (Japan Only)

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Today is the day that the Wii Shop Channel shuts down for good (the ability to add Wii Points was removed last March). Here's a list of all the Pokemon games you will never be able to buy again:

My Pokemon Ranch
Pokemon Rumble
Pokemon Puzzle League (VC)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blazing, Stormy, and Light Adventure Squad (Japan Only)
Just to add: With Ranch now "gone". Today is last day you can (start to) obtain a legal Mew in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. (Actually, there's nothing preventing you from restarting your file in the future.)

Hopefully Pokemon Puzzle League can return in another form.

Rumble is ok, but I'd really suggest you'd just play Rumble World instead. But it's also the only non-Smash Pokémon game to use officially use GameCube Controller, at least outside Japan.

Pokemon Power

I wish they’d add Pokémon Puzzle League to the Wii U VC, and find someway to rerelease the original Pokémon Rumble. Those were good games.

shoz999

So sometime today or yesterday, Nintendo released sales figures of their Switch Games. However keep in mind these sales figures could actually reflect the number of units sold to stores, not the actual sales made to customers. Like literally. Take this with a grain of salt, I have seen companies like Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo do this sort of stuff before in attempt to raise morale to business partners and fan loyalty.

According to Nintendo, Pokemon Let's Go has sold 10 million copies since launch. Also Nintendo has reported that 14.49 million Switch consoles have been sold during the holiday season. According to various articles, this apparently pushes the total sales of Switch consoles to 32.28 million units.

Last edited:

shoz999

team-up.png

The newest Pokemon TCG expansion has just got it's English release, today Feb. 1st. It's the ninth newest expansion of the Sun & Moon series and it is the first English expansion to feature the new Tag-Team GX cards and is largely inspired by the Let's Go Pokemon games. Also keep in mind, some of the images below are in Japanese format.

200px-CelebiVenusaurGXTeamUp1.jpg
200px-MagikarpWailordGXSMPromo166.jpg
200px-PikachuZekromGXTagBolt101.jpg
200px-EeveeSnorlaxGXTeamUp120.jpg
200px-GengarMimikyuGXTeamUp53.jpg
200px-LatiasLatiosGXTagBolt105.jpg
200px-ErikaHospitalityTagBolt107.jpg
200px-SabrinaHintTagBolt109.jpg
200px-BrockGritTagBolt108.jpg

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
https://www.pokebeach.com/2019/02/g...nused-gen-1-pokemon-designs-including-gorochu
Oh hey. More beta stuff. This time Gen I.

Seems like Kurusu and Wolfman had similar designed counterparts in Gen I, which makes sense.

Edit: https://helixchamber.com/2019/02/16/what-dreams-may-come/
Yeah, a few babies(Ponyta's, Goldeen's, Meowth's and Vulpix's beta babies) and Raitora line have originated from Gen I apparently.

Edit 2:
We've known Raitora line originates from Gen 1 for a while now, but the babies being from Gen 1 is new, I think.

Makes me wonder how early they thought up the concept of "breeding". Were they originally intended as basic stages, or were they treated as babies since the start?
My guess is it is both. We know Eggs were present in original Capsule Monsters manga, and we know they kept Egg and Chick items from Earthbound, which became the basis of Togepi-line, the "mascot" of breeding mechanic. But they likely couldn't implement it due to their inexperience.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
We've known Raitora line originates from Gen 1 for a while now, but the babies being from Gen 1 is new, I think.

Makes me wonder how early they thought up the concept of "breeding". Were they originally intended as basic stages, or were they treated as babies since the start?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Speaking of babies, after a long period of disappearance, Baby Pokémon are back in TCG, as Basic Pokémon. Baby Pokémon traditionally had Abilities that allowed them to evolve quickly, but Cleffa and Happiny in this set are just regular Pokémon.

There are a few other species who haven't appeared for a long time like Kadabra due to Uri Geller lawsuit, and Sunkern-Sunflora because they suck.