• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
My problem is that I don’t have a smartphone and my iPad could get the app but will I need the internet to run it in the store? Plus an iPad is a bit big to carry into the store especially if you also want to buy a few things and an easy target for thieves.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Another mobile game huh... it feels like new quality spin-off games for consoles are fading out of the series. Or maybe it has become slow for companies to make full-content games, especially for the Switch. I guess it’s still not unreasonable for a new game for Mystery Dungeon or something to come out in the future, but I’m tired of hoping for something to be announced at this point and would be better to just let it go.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Is a real Pokémon Rumble game really too much to ask for? I love the series, but only when it's designed as a real game, not a content-light, micro-transaction-filled, artificially padded mobile game.

I suppose it's interesting that this game even exist in the first place. I kind of figured that Pokémon Quest had effectively replaced Rumble.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...emon_is_being_released_in_adorable_plush_form

The Pokemon Fit plush line which previously made plush versions of all the Kanto Pokemon is planning to expand its range to include the Johto Pokemon on the 8th of June (this includes the ! and ? Unown that were technically introduced in Gen 3). It is great seeing “lesser” Johto Pokemon getting plushies though it may be hard to stop yourself going into a buying frenzy for your favourites...

Pokemon Power

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...emon_is_being_released_in_adorable_plush_form

The Pokemon Fit plush line which previously made plush versions of all the Kanto Pokemon is planning to expand its range to include the Johto Pokemon on the 8th of June (this includes the ! and ? Unown that were technically introduced in Gen 3). It is great seeing “lesser” Johto Pokemon getting plushies though it may be hard to stop yourself going into a buying frenzy for your favourites...
In the games, you have to catch 'em all. With the toys, you have to buy 'em all.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
The first RGB trio of cards is complete! Blue (Rival) is finally getting his very own TCG card and like Green (Fem Protag) & Red, this is Blue's very first appearance in the Pokemon TCG as his own very card! The card is called "Blue's strategy" and according to various sources, when your turn is over, you can draw up to eight cards.

owWlCUb.jpg
kvZljRe.jpg
JPYVh61.jpg

Blue's Strategy, Red's Challenge & Green's Exploration

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Since it doesn't seem like we are going to see anything new SwSh related at the end of May, it is probably safe to assume the start of main updates after the initial announcement for a given main series game has shifted to June. This is probably because GF now considers the release month(that is, November) to be the final pre-release month as well, as retail sales have been declining, and games have been releasing on late November, meaning there isn't much of an issue of a game leaking after going gold for GameFreak anymore.*

This follows on the start of early movie information about the starring event Pokémon shifting from February to April to now seemingly May(hard to say for M22, since we don't really have an event here, but Armor Mewtwo seems to be analogous due to merchandise).

*The less likely possibility is that release month is shifted to December for SwSh, but I doubt that.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
While I do see Pokémon Home as the Nintendo Switch equivalent to Bank, I can’t help but get the feeling that this is going to replace the main trading feature like the PSS or Festival Plaza since it allows you to trade with people all over world (thought I’m waiting to see if we get more info first since I know it doesn’t explain what they’ll do with WiFi battles).

If this is the case, then this could be a silver lining that Sword & Shield will have more data (or whatever the term is) to include extra features or details.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
While I do see Pokémon Home as the Nintendo Switch equivalent to Bank, I can’t help but get the feeling that this is going to replace the main trading feature like the PSS or Festival Plaza since it allows to trade with people all over world (thought I’m waiting to see if we get more info first since I know it doesn’t explain what they’ll do with WiFi battles).

If this is the case, then this could be a silver lining that Sword & Shield will have more data (or whatever the term is) to include extra features or details.
If it's more cell phone based, then it's not much of a silver lining for people with a lack of space on their phones. That said, if it allows for trade from the 3ds to the Switch then it's not that big a deal.

shoz999

ACgntby.png
QEMd4ae.png

(Left) ORAS Design and (Right) Emerald Design

In Pokemon Adventures, every main character has a birthday! Today is Emerald's birthday, May 31st! Happy Birthday Emerald!

BCVM22

While I do see Pokémon Home as the Nintendo Switch equivalent to Bank, I can’t help but get the feeling that this is going to replace the main trading feature like the PSS or Festival Plaza since it allows you to trade with people all over world (thought I’m waiting to see if we get more info first since I know it doesn’t explain what they’ll do with WiFi battles).

There is no reason at this early stage to believe Pokémon Home will have any bearing on Sword and Shield’s online trading features. None.

shoz999

c0BL6Ui.png
lpsKVCO.png

(Left) DP Design & (Right) Platinum Design

Today marks June 6th, Pearl's birthday in Pokemon Adventures. Happy Birthday Pearl!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
It's a bit odd to see this gen's first Mythical being Mew, but I guess this means it will be part of another regional dex besides Johto/Kanto, finally.

Edit: As of now, only Mega Audino, Mega Lopunny, Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo remain to be added to Pokémon Duel.

Last edited:

shoz999

mOqYxFQ.png
mll4NSO.png

From left to right, Gold's original GS design and most recently, his HGSS design.

Today marks July 21st, Gold's birthday in Pokemon Adventures. Happy Birthday Gold!