• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
https://nintendosoup.com/game-freak-removes-creatures-inc-from-list-of-major-business-partners/

Does this mean much of anything? I'm not familiar with how business partner practices work.

EDIT: Seems Joe's already made some comments about it. Maybe this is an oversight like he says, though I'm not even sure what the downsides would be if it wasn't. Like I said, I'm just unfamiliar with it all.
It could be possible that Creatures is shutting down or in the process of being bought out by Nintendo. Although, Nintendo buying Creatures would give them majority ownership of the Pokemon franchise.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
It could be possible that Creatures is shutting down or in the process of being bought out by Nintendo. Although, Nintendo buying Creatures would give them majority ownership of the Pokemon franchise.
What would that mean for us as fans?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It means that Nintendo could have more control over the Pokemon franchise and what Game Freak does with the games, considering that they would be the majority shareholder.
Yep. I'm wondering if they'll do what they did with Animal Crossing. Give the workers more room to breathe and take more time to work on the games.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yep. I'm wondering if they'll do what they did with Animal Crossing. Give the workers more room to breathe and take more time to work on the games.
Nintendo would probably do that because they would have majority control over the franchise if they bought Creatures, and Game Freak would be even more under Nintendo's control, which could lead to Nintendo buying them out as well.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Anybody watch Jeopardy! today? There was an entire board with the categories themed on Pokémon (though, in Jeopardy! tradition, only the last category, the one furthest on the right, is about it).

wDvqs0K.png

For the record, the categories were about as follows:

Peek a Choo-Choo: Photographs and artwork of trains
Geo, Dude: Natural geography as spoken by a surfer dude
Odd-ish: Weird facts
Slowpoke: Synonyms of "slow"
Nine Tales: Folklore and literature, with nine stories total across the five clues
Pokémon: Pokémon

The contestants looked like they were TERRIFIED of the Pokémon category and went through the clues in all of the other categories before going to that one, and Ann, the contestant on the right (from the perspective of the camera) who had to pick a clue when only the Pokémon ones were left, could be seen hesitating for a moment. The Pokémon category was also the only one on this board chosen in order from top to bottom.

They were going easy, knowing that the existence of Pokémon is general knowledge but very little of it is otherwise. The $200 clue was about which parade has a giant 50-foot Pikachu balloon, the $400 was about which mobile Pokémon game was released in 2016, the $600 clue was to name the process in which a Pokémon changes into a more powerful form (and to avoid confusion in case there's a hardcore Pokémon fan among the contestants, mentioned that it shares a name with the real-life process of animals changing over millions of years), and the $800 clue was about what someone who raises and battles Pokémon are called (comparing it to what one would call someone who manages race horses). Time ran out before they reached the $1000 clue. Would've liked to see if it was actually about in-depth knowledge, since the bottom clue in a Jeopardy! category is typically about things only a fan of the topic is expected to know.

(I'd make a more detailed recap, but my recording of this episode got corrupted. Sorry.)

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Anybody watch Jeopardy! today? There was an entire board with the categories themed on Pokémon (though, in Jeopardy! tradition, only the last category, the one furthest on the right, is about it).

wDvqs0K.png

Nine Tales: Folklore and literature, with nine stories total across the five clues

The contestants looked like they were TERRIFIED of the Pokémon category and went through the clues in all of the other categories before going to that one, and Ann, the contestant on the right (from the perspective of the camera) who had to pick a clue when only the Pokémon ones were left, could be seen hesitating for a moment. The Pokémon category was also the only one on this board chosen in order from top to bottom.

They were going easy, knowing that the existence of Pokémon is general knowledge but very little of it is otherwise. The $200 clue was about which parade has a giant 50-foot Pikachu balloon, the $400 was about which mobile Pokémon game was released in 2016, the $600 clue was to name the process in which a Pokémon changes into a more powerful form (and to avoid confusion in case there's a hardcore Pokémon fan among the contestants, mentioned that it shares a name with the real-life process of animals changing over millions of years), and the $800 clue was about what someone who raises and battles Pokémon are called (comparing it to what one would call someone who manages race horses). Time ran out before they reached the $1000 clue. Would've liked to see if it was actually about in-depth knowledge, since the bottom clue in a Jeopardy! category is typically about things only a fan of the topic is expected to know.

(I'd make a more detailed recap, but my recording of this episode got corrupted. Sorry.)

That's amazing. Before college I used to watch Jeopardy every weeknight, but just haven't had the time (or the cable) to watch the past few years. I would have been thrilled to see this pop up. I miss Jeopardy.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

wDvqs0K.png

Wow that's too cool. Wish I saw that part. Gonna have to see if there's a way to catch the full episode.

Zipper4242

Wow that's too cool. Wish I saw that part. Gonna have to see if there's a way to catch the full episode.

They put the Pokémon part on YouTube last night!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Thanks. I'll try to watch it later on today. :)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Smogon has officially banned Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing from OU.

Sorry, minor rant. I've always hated the idea of Smogon. I've always felt like it's fans thinking they know how to balance the game better than the makers of the game. Also, it's just too dogmatic for my tastes. But now they're banning a core mechanic central to this generation's battle system? That's absurd, and taking things way too far.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
EMNc2LdUYAA4ymh.png

The final cover of the Pokemon Adventures SM mini-volume releases by Shogakukan has been revealed. Now I can't help but think... wait... can we now spoil the Zygarde/Necrozma stuff now that this is in the cover?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Just found this out today but Takeshi Shudo, who is the lead writer of the Anime from 1997 to 2002 and passed away in 2010, is being recognized for a Lifetime Achievement Award for his work as a Screenwriter for Pokemon: The Movie along with Hisao Shirai who is being recognized for a Lifetime Achievement Award for his work as a director of photography on Pokemon: The Movie and the Pokemon anime by the Tokyo Anime Award Festival.

Zipper4242

New Pokémon direct announced for 1/9 at 6:30 PST, 9:30 EST!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zipper4242 said:
New Pokémon direct announced for 1/9 at 6:30 PST, 9:30 EST!

This is interesting. Can we really expect a new game announcement this soon after Shield and Sword were released?

Zipper4242

This is interesting. Can we really expect a new game announcement this soon after Shield and Sword were released?
Not sure if I can post it here because it isn’t really news but my guess is that it will be centered on Pokémon Home and maybe Pokémon Sleep. If we are really lucky we might get an announcement for DP remakes but I doubt it.