• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Not sure if I can post it here because it isn’t really news but my guess is that it will be centered on Pokémon Home and maybe Pokémon Sleep. If we are really lucky we might get an announcement for DP remakes but I doubt it.
Then we may flood the gates of Serebii with BW remake threads!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/442...ture-new-details-on-pokemon-sword-and-shield/

German press release confirm there will be new details on Sword and Shield, which strongly suggests the main reveal of this Direct will be the DLC Pack for missing Pokémon, as the amount of transfer-only Pokémon (the so-called "forbidden 20") are extremely small.

I hope it's not paid dlc. $60 is expensive enough.

If it's paid DLC. I'm quitting pokemon

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
More likely the "DLC" is just a Wild Area event update. As in raids for Gigantamax Toxtricity, Gigantamax Melmetal and possible event calendar for the Legendaries and Mythicals that are in the games data already.

For me the direct is most likely just them talking about Home, Sleep, Pokemon Go+ some Wild Area Event updates and the next Detective Pikachu game.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/442...ture-new-details-on-pokemon-sword-and-shield/

German press release confirm there will be new details on Sword and Shield, which strongly suggests the main reveal of this Direct will be the DLC Pack for missing Pokémon, as the amount of transfer-only Pokémon (the so-called "forbidden 20") are extremely small.

I feel like talking about Home could count as talking about Sword and Shield, so that doesn't really mean much. Even if they talk about new stuff for Sword and Shield itself, it very easily could be the next Max Raid Battle event. Don't go making crazy theories about DLC yet.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I don't think, or rather, I don't want DP remakes or any mainline game to be announced tomorrow, or this year for that matter. GF needs time more than anything

Leonhart

Imagineer
Trainer Yusuf said:

If that's what the Direct will be about, then I'm not surprised. I knew that it probably wasn't going to be anything major like D/P remakes, because it seems way too soon for that kind of announcement.

Rakurai

Hopefully DLC updates mean improved versions of main series titles are a thing of the past.

I have very...mixed feelings about Mystery Dungeon DX, though. It looks pretty, but if it's only including Pokemon up to gen 3 + their mega evos (Lucario being there isn't necessarily indicative of anything as it was present in the original games as a cameo of sorts already), I'm not sure I'd want to buy the game again just for that.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
If that's what the Direct will be about, then I'm not surprised. I knew that it probably wasn't going to be anything major like D/P remakes, because it seems way too soon for that kind of announcement.
It just finished; It was mostly about DLC.. OK, still not really sold on it.. but YES, RETUNING I mean new Pokemon..

Ok, I'll be honest since Heart Gold/Soul Silver, this is first time I've not really gone and beaten the champ within 2 months of release... Mind you I've not got a gym badge yet. Some of the delay was stuff that was happening in November.

EDIT:
Hopefully DLC updates mean improved versions of main series titles are a thing of the past.

I have very...mixed feelings about Mystery Dungeon DX, though. It looks pretty, but if it's only including Pokemon up to gen 3 + their mega evos, I'm not sure I'd want to buy the game again just for that.
Hopefully. I certainly hope they don't phone the next Third game in.

PMD-DX: It looks like Gen 4's Lucario is playable, who was seen in the GBA/DS game in some form, such as a statue. I don't think he/she was playable back then.

Last edited:

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Funny how Nintendo are doing things they said they would never do. DLC, paid subscriptions and now Expansion passes! Was a lil bit interested in this but not a whole lot. Not really into this Generation. Haven't even gone back to play Sword in over a week. Was hoping for Diamond/Pearl news or even a new Pokken Fighting game but oh well.

- Looks like we'll be getting 3 new legendary birds. Another idea of mine that's now being used.
- The new fighting type looks decent.
- Also looks like fans of the Regi Family will be interested in the new form/Pokemon they have showing
-They're definitely treating this Gigantamax forms like Mega Evolutions. So that's officially dead in the water
-Does not look like its worth an extra 30 bucks a piece! Not even if both expansions were bundled together! MHW: Iceborne. Now that's worth 30 bucks!! Disappointed in NIntendo/Gamefreak

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm hyped af for Mystery Dungeon, even if it's just a remake it is nice seeing a proper spin-off and not a mobile game again! It'd be nice if they gave this treatment to two other franchises that have been untouched for years.... *cough* Ranger and the Shadow Pokemon saga. I'd do anything for a Pokemon XD remake!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
THEY DID IT! THEY ACTUALLY DID IT! NEW MYSTERY DUNGEON!

Well, sort of. But you know what, I'm fine with this. It means Mystery Dungeon isn't dead, and I'll take it! It also means we'll likely get a remake of Explorer's, which is something I actually wanted. I'm not a giant fan of the art style, but I'll deal with it. Mystery Dungeon is my favorite Pokémon spin-off, if not my favorite Pokémon game, so I am absolutely psyched for it. Hopefully more post-gen III Pokémon get added than just Lucario and Mega Evolutions.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
The only parts I'm surprised about are:
*The sheer amount of new content. I was expecting just a few sub-legendaries and a sub-region, but we are getting tons of stuff.
*The fact that this is going till Autumn and Move Tutors will be here. That makes me wonder a bit, since that even though we know VGC 2021 will focus Nat Dex and VGC 2022 will focus on Mascot Legends like always, the fact that we will be stuck with a single moveset change for rest of the generation is untenable.
*The fact that instead of two packs, it is one pass with two parts. That's a bit interesting, though apparently that is what they did with BotW so I should be the one who needs to correct himself.
*A Grass Mascot Legendary. What took them so long?
Everything else including the Pokémon being able to transfer regularly without paying the DLC are what I suspected will happen.

So:
*The big question is what changes will occur for older Pokémon regarding BST, Moves, Abilities, and Egg Groups. Base SwoSh was extremely anemic when it came to buffing old Pokémon, so the question is whether will this pass do the same. Stuff like Gigantamax forms and Galarian Forms only really matter in VGCs, not 6 vs. 6.
*What will be the June reveal then? We should assume the next two datamined Mythicals' in-game code will be available alongside the DLC pack, but only one should be released in 2020. What will happen to 2021 one?
*Since not all Pokémon are going to be catchable here (even though they should be transferred over if they are clever), there should be another Pass in early 2021, but considering the nature of current missing Pokémon (mostly Sinnoh Regional Dex members besides Legendaries) that would conflict with GF's traditional release schedule as well as current annual releases.
The only way out of this I can see is another Crystal situation, where DPPt remakes will be in December 2020-March 2021 range (depending on when Crown Tundra releases in Autumn) with the remakes being Switch Pro exclusive. That sounds like a nightmarish situation, but the presence of Megas in MD like in Pokkén strongly suggests that will be the case.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The Tapu being found in the DLC in Galar is a really weird and random thing. The Regis I get and I can see the other Legendaries fitting into the DLC and Galar but the Tapu? They’re heavily associated and important to Alola. Why would Hawaiian based deities be found naturally in Galar?

BCVM22

The Regis were heavily associated and important to Hoenn and then they showed up again in parts of Sinnoh, Unova, and Alola/Ultra Space.

Dialga and Palkia and Giratina were heavily associated and important to Sinnoh and they've showed up in Hoenn and Alola/Ultra Space.

The list goes on. It doesn't especially matter how "heavily associated" the Legendaries are to their region (aren't most of them "heavily associated" to their regions?) when the point is that the Legendaries are being gathered so you can catch a bunch of them in one place.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The Tapu being found in the DLC in Galar is a really weird and random thing. The Regis I get and I can see the other Legendaries fitting into the DLC and Galar but the Tapu? They’re heavily associated and important to Alola. Why would Hawaiian based deities be found naturally in Galar?

Why are any Legendary Pokémon appearing? This is no different than Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire's catch every Legendary through soaring and Ultra Sun and Moon's catch every Legendary through Ultra Space. It's just a gimmik to make them easily accessible with little bearings on lore.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Is there any news on whether or not the new MD will function like EOS? Where you could recruit fully evolved pokemon on dungeons as this wasn't a thing in the original Red and Blue MD but given this has megas now it could be possible?