• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
https://www.pokebeach.com/2020/02/c...ocus-on-five-weaknesses-dragon-likely-removed

In addition to removal of Fairy-type from TCG, it seems Dragon-type has been removed as well.

We don't know the specifics yet, since there is no official confirmation yet, but early indications suggest it might be removed back to Colorless.

This would also likely indicate the end of common Dragon-types as of Sword/Shield and return back to pseudos-third legendaries.

Despite the changes this gen, there will likely be another change next gen. Most likely Metal will be removed next gen.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
https://www.pokebeach.com/2020/02/c...ocus-on-five-weaknesses-dragon-likely-removed

In addition to removal of Fairy-type from TCG, it seems Dragon-type has been removed as well.

We don't know the specifics yet, since there is no official confirmation yet, but early indications suggest it might be removed back to Colorless.

This would also likely indicate the end of common Dragon-types as of Sword/Shield and return back to pseudos-third legendaries.

Despite the changes this gen, there will likely be another change next gen. Most likely Metal will be removed next gen.
That should be taken with a grain of salt. We will get an idea what will happen to the Dragon-Type when pure Dragon-Type Pokemon, like Haxorus or Drudigon, are classed as Dragon-Type or colorless.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Wow. Why in the world would they do that? It just makes no sense. They should be introducing more types, not deleting them.

You said the exact same thing about Fairy-Types, and I asked you why that would be the case, and you never answered, so I'll ask again. Why would that be the case?

Is there evidence for that, or are you just assuming that the current trend will continue?

shoz999

Wow. Why in the world would they do that? It just makes no sense. They should be introducing more types, not deleting them.

You said the exact same thing about Fairy-Types, and I asked you why that would be the case, and you never answered, so I'll ask again. Why would that be the case?

Is there evidence for that, or are you just assuming that the current trend will continue?
Heheh lol. You sure introducing new types in the TCG is a good thing? I mean no offense but I'm loving how balance this format is, restraining and concentrating itself into a small band of types rather than stretching it and making certain types more better than others.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Heheh lol. You sure introducing new types in the TCG is a good thing? I mean no offense but I'm loving how balance this format is, restraining and concentrating itself into a small band of types rather than stretching it and making certain types more better than others.

Disclaimer, I don't actively play the card game anymore, stopped back during the Unova years, and I never played competitively, so I'm not the person to judge balance. However, I feel like it's the duty of the card game to replicate the actual games to the best of its abilities. It just simply doesn't make sense to have missing types, and makes even less sense to remove ones they already have. Stuff like Rock and Ground shouldn't be forced into the Fighting-Type for no particular reason, or Pokémon that should be Dragon-Type shouldn't be listed as being weak to Normal-Types. It just doesn't make any sense. That's all I care about.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Yeah, not a fan of types being removed from the TCG even though I'm not a player (only collect once in a while). Based on my memory, Dragon and Fairy have been introduced since Gen 5 and 6, respectively. I get that for balancing reasons, it would be more helpful for the players, but it's still disappointing to see them being removed after having been added in and existing for quite some time.

shoz999

In the Pokemon Adventures manga, Victor or Gloria (or as the manga refers to them as Sou and Shi) are revealed to have gym challenger uniforms and as the mod of the manga section pointed out, their numbers mean something like in the games.

• Victor's/Sou's number is 808, or August 8th. This is a reference to the day Pokemon Adventure Vol. 1 was first released in Japan in 1997.
  • Gloria's/Shi's number is 303, or March 3rd. This is a reference to the Pokemon Adventures was first published in Japan in 1997.
Interesting right?

Leonhart

Imagineer
RileyXY1 said:
Today is the final day of the Pokemon Global Link. It will be shut down permanently tomorrow. All regular online functions for the Gens 6 and 7 games will still function normally.

I'm surprisingly okay with this. I remember being much more distraught when the Gen V version of the Global Link site shut down many years ago since it meant that we could no longer access the Dream World, which was one of my favorite things about Gen V.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Gen V was ended way before its time. I mean BW2 weren’t even out for more than a year and a half worldwide and just when things were getting good for the sequels and everyone was trying to get all of the Dream World Pokémon because of the stupid restriction of only being able to use the site once every 24 hours, it was shut down. There are about four or five Medals that are not completely unobtainable, the PWT download had so much promise and only got a few things that utilized the feature, and you can’t change the C-Gear wallpaper to something more interesting.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Gen V was ended way before its time. I mean BW2 weren’t even out for more than a year and a half worldwide and just when things were getting good for the sequels and everyone was trying to get all of the Dream World Pokémon because of the stupid restriction of only being able to use the site once every 24 hours, it was shut down. There are about four or five Medals that are not completely unobtainable, the PWT download had so much promise and only got a few things that utilized the feature, and you can’t change the C-Gear wallpaper to something more interesting.
Yeah, Gen 5's Global link feel like it was put on maintenance mode for most of the last year.. It really didn't help that BW2 was so late in the DS life it got a little annoying on how easily it was to miss out on a medal. Then there was the or loss of complete wifi support a few months after PDW closed it's doors for the last time.

Gen 6 GL site offered a reason to visit the site at least once during the final weeks, all those PokéMiles! I even made a blog post about it.. but I see a very good reason not to link it here.. I've not felt the need to visit the Gen 7, as I don't remember seeing anything really useful for a non-competitive player.

Captain Jigglypuff

Yeah, Gen 5's Global link feel like it was put on maintenance mode for most of the last year.. It really didn't help that BW2 was so late in the DS life it got a little annoying on how easily it was to miss out on a medal. Then there was the or loss of complete wifi support a few months after PDW closed it's doors for the last time.

Gen 6 GL site offered a reason to visit the site at least once during the final weeks, all those PokéMiles! I even made a blog post about it.. but I see a very good reason not to link it here.. I've not felt the need to visit the Gen 7, as I don't remember seeing anything really useful for a non-competitive player.
I only visited the GL site during Gen 7 for online Competition rewards if they were interesting to me and worth it. The Shiny Tapu were enough incentive but the one I couldn’t get because I was away and had no reliable WiFi access to do the battles and the other two I forgot about the dates of the competition and missed them. The Delibird one I only did for the held item.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Zarude, Dark/Grass Mythical with Leaf Guard, has been announced!

Captain Jigglypuff

Zarude, Dark/Grass Mythical with Leaf Guard, has been announced!
I think it looks pretty cool. By the looks of it, Zarude appears to be able to learn either Vine Whip or Power Whip given the attacking vines animation. Maybe both since it is a monkey and the next movie seems to be inspired by Tarzan who is known to swing from tree to tree by vines and Zarude plays a role in the film.