• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I love how everyone online is outraged because they thought it would be the Gen 4 remakes and it wasn't. lol

Never assume anything, kids.
I'm upset, but I didn't expect Gen 4 remakes in the slightest. The most I was hoping for was transfer compatibility between Go & Home, and maybe mentioning the next max raid event or something

I'm also not a big fan of these types of games, so Unite really did nothing for me -_-

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
That would likely mean that there will be microtransactions.
*shrug* I don't care to be honest as I don't spend any money on these kinds of games and still have fun playing them.

BCVM22

If the game isn’t for you, that’s fine. It’s not for me either. But the timing and other factors dictated that a new core title of any sort was unlikely, and with that off the table, what other great surprise was it going to be?

The ongoing cycle of writing one’s own fantasy reveals apropos of nothing and then disappointment, much less anger, when they aren’t met remains unnecessary.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm upset, but I didn't expect Gen 4 remakes in the slightest. The most I was hoping for was transfer compatibility between Go & Home, and maybe mentioning the next max raid event or something

I'm also not a big fan of these types of games, so Unite really did nothing for me -_-

I am most certainly still waiting for GO's compatibility with Home. That needs to happen fast.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
OMG YESSSS!! As a mobile league of legends player, this will be so much fun. I have been saying that I've wanted this for so long now and it's coming! Woo!

My main hopes for this game are:
A lot of pokemon to choose from, I'm sure they'll add as they go on like normal MOBA games add new characters, but hopefully it's a good amount to start.
I hope all the pokemon can start as base stages and evolve, as it looked like snorlax just started as snorlax but it'd be cool if munchlax was available.

I am so so so excited for this.

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
To be honest, I was never one of the people expecting Sinnoh remakes in the first place. I just figured that the way the DLC for Sword and Shield was carried out made the chances for remakes happening slim to none.

As for Pokémon Unite, it doesn't look like something I'd play. However, if you're hyped about it then more power to you!

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
To be honest, I was never one of the people expecting Sinnoh remakes in the first place. I just figured that the way the DLC for Sword and Shield was carried out made the chances for remakes happening slim to none.

As for Pokémon Unite, it doesn't look like something I'd play. However, if you're hyped about it then more power to you!
Then, what else is there, besides skipping right to Gen 9?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Why did they make us wait an entire week for something that could've been in last week's video?

Not seeing the point here.

Game looks super underwhelming, and that's not coming from my utter disdain for Mobile games. But hey, at least it's not a main series game.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I don't think that it will ever happen at this point.
Game Freak promised Home would allow you to transfer directly from Go, and it's still listed on their website as "coming soon," so they're still working on it.

I just hope it happens before August since a lot of older Android devices will stop supporting Go by then. Luckily I have an iPod touch, but now I'm worried that Go will lose compatibility with older versions of iOS next

Last edited:

Xionea

Half a centaur
Unite doesn't look exciting to me. Probably one of the only Pokemon games I'll never bother trying to play since I'm not a fan of mobas. I really don't think it needed its own presentation, but I'm sure Tencent paid some big money to have it revealed by itself lol. The reveal video is currently about 40/60 likes to dislikes, surely lots of dislikes coming from people overly hyping themselves up. Oh well. Time to wait for the next announcement.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Game Freak promised Home would allow you to transfer directly from Home, and it's still listed on their website as "coming soon," so they're still working on it.

I just hope it happens before August since a lot of older Android devices won't support it.
Technically you can, but you need to use LGPE as an intermediary.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
If this game becomes as comparable to other mobas, this could be a huge hit especially for new fans outside of the main games. A lot of people get bored with the main series games (myself included after a while), but these types of games keep me going. I could see this having a huge niche base with tournaments and everything like the other games. I applaud Pokemon for expanding the games into new genre realms like this.

the main series games just got a DLC, and they have another DLC coming too. Yeesh I am surprised by how many people are disappointed by a game announcement.

Xuxuba

GameXplain suggested something like that due to the Pokémon Company partnering up with Tencent, so i really wasn't that surprised.

Definetly would have preferred any other spin-off tho. It would take a really amazing gameplay to make me interested in a MOBA.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Technically you can, but you need to use LGPE as an intermediary.
Yeah, but what about our Gen 2-5 pokemon that are stuck in Go? I have a Scizor I used in the Battle League last season I really want to move onto my main game, not to mention that my Go box is flooded with stuff like 8 Landorus or 3 Cobalion & I don't want to pay for extra storage

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Looks good. Though I bet the Youtube video wouldn't have so many dislikes if they just threw it in with the other announcements last week, instead of giving everyone false hopes for a new MAINLINE series title.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Looks good. Though I bet the Youtube video wouldn't have so many dislikes if they just threw it in with the other announcements last week, instead of giving everyone false hopes for a new MAINLINE series title.

They never once stated we'd be getting a mainline game today.

Stop blaming them for your baseless assumptions.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
That’s their own fault. Probably the same people thinking Sakurai’s two TVs is a hint to the next fighter.