• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
It's in Frozen Fennec's Usertalk page

Mods keep deleting it, but the guy keeps coming forward. Check the edit history

Methinks the skeptics over there are going too far. Probably because they're afraid of either search result hits, and thus Archaic's profits, fluctuating or projecting admin intent on the franchise again, and lie about it being for accuracy, as usual.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It's in Frozen Fennec's Usertalk page

Mods keep deleting it, but the guy keeps coming forward. Check the edit history

Methinks the skeptics over there are going too far. Probably because they're afraid of either search result hits, and thus Archaic's profits, fluctuating or projecting admin intent on the franchise again, and lie about it being for accuracy, as usual.
Thanks. Just saw it. No way to view it as it's protected to prevent person from messing with it.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Maxim underestimating the skill, extent of and free time had by hacker trolls while bootlicking Bulbapedia staff.

Smash's "Grinch Leak" happened. His argument is invalid.

The leaks are dead.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Maxim underestimating the skill, extent of and free time had by hacker trolls while bootlicking Bulbapedia staff.

Smash's "Grinch Leak" happened. His argument is invalid.

The leaks are dead.

But the people putting up these videos will keep getting views and misleading people, which leads to disappointment when things turn out differently than they would expect.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I believe that the Spaceworld Leak is real. We already knew about some of the scrapped Pokémon and I did hear about how there was a “lost” Mr Mime baby that was designed but never became official years before Mime Jr was revealed. The person who first told me this said its name was Jr Mime (which is just a reversal of the official name) and that they saw it on a Pokémon website. They drew a pretty accurate picture of the beta from scratch for me. I didn’t keep the drawing because this was when I was in eighth grade. The time I heard of a baby Mr Mime was around April 2000. The person later claimed to have made everything up which I believed and the nearly identical name to the eventual Baby Pokémon was a coincidence until the Spaceworld leak occurred and I saw the very same Pokémon that they drew in that leak. The only difference between the leaked sprite and the drawing was the hat was curly hair similar to Mr Mime still in the same place and three or four vertical buttons in the front.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm wondering if they used real beta Pokemon as a springboard for the fake. It would make sense, given how many people it fooled.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Pokemon Let's Go Entei and Let's Go Raikou... hmm... what do you think of the sound of those titles. Not implying any remake talk lol, just a random thought... news you ask? One of the more weirder news happened. Nintendo and GameFreak filed the trademark for Entei. Quite peculiar don't you guys think?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The Pokemon twitter account started making jokes about Porygon not being found through error 404.

Players have started linking that with Porygon's unfortunate exclusion from the anime. Today, the account tweeted "Porygon did nothing wrong," which has sparked (not blinding lights thankfully) discussion of people blaming Pikachu for the incident, which...is true.

Pokemon Power

The Pokemon twitter account started making jokes about Porygon not being found through error 404.

Players have started linking that with Porygon's unfortunate exclusion from the anime. Today, the account tweeted "Porygon did nothing wrong," which has sparked (not blinding lights thankfully) discussion of people blaming Pikachu for the incident, which...is true.
That was years ago. By now, animation technology has grown to a point where causing seizures is nearly impossible. I'd say it's time to give the Porygon evolutionary family another chance in the anime.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.

Yes. We should start a campaign to ban Pikachu for causing those seizures! That... no. Wait. That can't be right.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I guess not if those affected children-turned-parents say anything about it.
I’m sure the affected children know it was an unfortunate accident as the animators weren’t expecting that particular scene to cause any seizures. Up until then flashing lights in media were extremely common and even strobe lights were popular for fun houses, Halloween decorations, and even stage performances.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So I guess this pretty much means that a main series game is coming next year?
At least a remake, probably. It's been only one year since SwSh debuted, but that's clearly not enough time to make something brand new.

Especially not when Game Freak is still getting used to the 3D shift.

And the "second" versions of SwSh are the expansion passes, so that rules that train out.

KillerDraco

If they're pushing the anniversary this hard then I'm concerned about them possibly rushing out Gen 9.

There's enough precedent to suggest this won't likely be the case. Each Generation has, on average, lasted between 3 and 4 years, and we've only just passed Sw/Sh's 1st anniversary this month. Even with a 2021 release, a new Generation in two years would be unprecedented. Even in the case of Gen 6, which had many things seemingly planned for it but shoehorned into Gen 7 instead, still ran for a full 3 years.

I'd call the chance of a new generation for the 25th anniversary a non-zero but still highly unlikely scenario.