• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I wonder what events they will hold next year. Maybe they will do something similar to the mythical event they did for the 20th anniversary. It would be nice if they officially released some of the mythicals shiny.
The Mythical I think would be great to release as a Shiny is Victini with Keldeo coming in second. Keldeo has connections to the CT and Victini seems to have something special to it related to the CT.

Pokemon Power

So I guess this pretty much means that a main series game is coming next year?
Yep. I'm expecting Sinnoh remakes because there's tons of hard evidence in the Crown Tundra that points to them, plus the Sinnoh games are fan-favorites. I've been revisiting Diamond, Pearl and Platinum over the last few years. New Johto games in the style of Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee would be nice too.

Pokemon Power

I wonder what events they will hold next year. Maybe they will do something similar to the mythical event they did for the 20th anniversary. It would be nice if they officially released some of the mythicals shiny.
I'm sure there will be some kind of distribution during the event. Would be nice to get some more mythicals like Diancie and Marshadow.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Yep. I'm expecting Sinnoh remakes because there's tons of hard evidence in the Crown Tundra that points to them, plus the Sinnoh games are fan-favorites. I've been revisiting Diamond, Pearl and Platinum over the last few years. New Johto games in the style of Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee would be nice too.
There aren't hints from Crown Tundra that suggest that tbh

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Yes there are. The Rock Peak, Iceberg and Iron Ruins are taken directly from Pokemon Platinum. And there's no sign of Cranidos or Shieldon in Sword or Shield.
Add in the oddity that the Pure Incense has been programmed into the base game and yet is the only
Incense not to have its associated Baby Pokémon in the games and more players would use the Cleanse Tag instead of the Pure Incense.

Akashin

Yes there are. The Rock Peak, Iceberg and Iron Ruins are taken directly from Pokemon Platinum. And there's no sign of Cranidos or Shieldon in Sword or Shield.

I'm not arguing for or against Gen IV remakes, but wouldn't the presence of locations they otherwise could have saved for those remakes be a point against remakes? It's not like the Mega Latis where we knew they existed but they weren't officially available, serving as a nod to the coming Gen III remakes; these are actual locations they put in the game. It's like saying that the presence of Zygarde and the existence of the basement of Resolution Cave were a sign that we'd get a belated third Kalos game in Gen VII.

I'm not saying we are or aren't getting Gen IV remakes; I'm just wondering why this is a point in favor of them happening.

BCVM22

I'm just wondering why this is a point in favor of them happening.

You can be assured you're not going to find a satisfactory answer to this. We're in the period between games now, where anything from the most recent title can be a Rorschach test for people who want to see certain things.

These sound like dumb reaches. We may get DP remakes but not because of this.

This is the correct answer to all of this.

Phillies

I'm sure there will be some kind of distribution during the event. Would be nice to get some more mythicals like Diancie and Marshadow.

I hope since the pandemic is still going on that a majority of any distributions are done either through max raids or dynamax adventures. To me events similar to the Zeraora distribute would be ideal.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

That isn't "hard evidence." Hard evidence is if there were documents from Game Freak or public announcements that have been recorded and archived that speak of Generation IV remakes--that is, direct, verifiable proof that something has happened or is planned to happen. What you're speaking of is circumstantial at best but more of hypothesization or speculation.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm not arguing for or against Gen IV remakes, but wouldn't the presence of locations they otherwise could have saved for those remakes be a point against remakes? It's not like the Mega Latis where we knew they existed but they weren't officially available, serving as a nod to the coming Gen III remakes; these are actual locations they put in the game. It's like saying that the presence of Zygarde and the existence of the basement of Resolution Cave were a sign that we'd get a belated third Kalos game in Gen VII.

I'm not saying we are or aren't getting Gen IV remakes; I'm just wondering why this is a point in favor of them happening.
And all the Kanto references in XY (and the fact that one of the areas was almost literally copy pasted from Kanto) and yet Gen VI had no games set in the Kanto region.