• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
That's certainly understandable, but knowing TPC and how they like to do everything years in advance (except expand Gen 6 for some reason), preparations for such a Direct may already be complete.
I sincerely doubt it direct wise, given the pandemic.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

BCVM22

A Direct is perhaps the easiest thing to do amidst a pandemic. As mentioned and as Sakurai has shown us, you can easily get someone on camera in the safe comfort of their home studio or office and have them narrate a video presentation that is itself safely produced and edited in the comfort of someone's home studio.

Stating the obvious, but their ability to develop and produce software titles during the pandemic will be the decider. The Direct is the tail, not the dog.

Late/early news edit: New Pokémon Snap launches April 30.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I hope so. I really need a new Pokemon main game. The DLCs didnt feel like a new game for me. So It felt like a gap year for me

I very much enjoyed the DLC, but I wish it could have been longer, especially The Crown Tundra.

Calyrex's story was one of the best in the series. I would love a full game based around him.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I very much enjoyed the DLC, but I wish it could have been longer, especially The Crown Tundra.

Calurex's story was one of the best in the series. I would love a full game based around him.
I didnt understand what was so special about his story. All I can remember is that he ruled CT and the people forgot about him. And that he had a horse Pokemon which he was riding on..

Bus

I didnt understand what was so special about his story. All I can remember is that he ruled CT and the people forgot about him. And that he had a horse Pokemon which he was riding on..
It's not a very high bar, but its the best by default. No other legendary pokemon really had much lore behind them other than a few throwaway lines like 'This is X, they're the master of Y element; they did this and that in the past!' and then its just the Evil team trying to take advantage.

Calyrex was the first that you learned lore about continuously for a good while. What he did in the past, how he lost power, how he appeared to the people; his feats (stopping a rampaging horse), seeing his power in action (insta-fertilizing soil and growing an extinct plant instantly) and actually getting a good view on HOW he would become king (thats a pretty amazing, king-worthy ability right there).

No other legend really had that kind of lore build in-game. Giratina is probably the closest in Platinum (followed maybe by Arceus when you watched him literally create a legend for you) but that's about it.

So yeah, technically speaking, Calyrex has the best story by default.

As for Mewtwo....whether you can truly count his backstory is arguable. The most of his backstory was done through Anime & Manga. The game itself had a couple of journals in the Mansion on Cinnabar and most people didn't even see those, let alone read them. Then you find him in the cave on the rumor of a 'powerful pokemon'. So, unless you're counting movie lore, his story is pretty minimal too.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
As for Mewtwo....whether you can truly count his backstory is arguable. The most of his backstory was done through Anime & Manga. The game itself had a couple of journals in the Mansion on Cinnabar and most people didn't even see those, let alone read them. Then you find him in the cave on the rumor of a 'powerful pokemon'. So, unless you're counting movie lore, his story is pretty minimal too.
In Gen I it was easy to not notice the journals as they were hard to distinguish on the tables and some were difficult to get to due to the door control statues and you not knowing exactly which statue controlled which doors. Gen III made getting to the journals stand out from the table. The Let’s Go games made things a lot easier to access the notes and by then veteran players knew what to look for. Gen I never even hinted the importance of the journals at all.

Reactions: Bus

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Have DP remakes been officially confirmed? I saw that "Gen 4" is trending on Twitter and saw that the remakes are confirmed, but I'm not completely convinced since Centro Poke Leaks is the only thing I've seen that confirms it

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Have DP remakes been officially confirmed? I saw that "Gen 4" is trending on Twitter and saw that the remakes are confirmed, but I'm not completely convinced since Centro Poke Leaks is the only thing I've seen that confirms it
Nope. It's just people talking about that rumor.

BCVM22

Have DP remakes been officially confirmed?

Nope.

Centro Poke Leaks is the only thing I've seen that confirms it

Yep.

I'm aware Centro has a track record, but that's with airtight game material a few days or a week ahead of time. This is textbook coin flip rumor mongering. Take something that has a very reasonable chance of happening, tell people "it's definitely happening!" and there's a 50/50 chance you'll end up being right. And if the coin falls the other way, you get to say "well I've been right before, plans change, keep following me!"

To be clear, I am not saying Diamond/Pearl remakes are not coming this year. I consider it very plausible. I am saying not to put too much stock in this latest rumor in and of itself.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics

Yes this is actually a quite big thing. Doesn't confirm anything and it totally can go the other way (as of a Pokemon collection) but it's more of a hint than anything else.

Before someone asks if it was really GameFreak: Subdomains are connected to the main domain. They belong to the official pokemon website.
As mentioned in the tweet, there are no other subdomains enabled that follows the same format except for Sword&Shield (swordshield.pokemon.com).

So as of now with the subdomains it seems GameFreak plans something related to the DP games and you can guess what that could mean.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian

Yes this is actually a quite big thing. Doesn't confirm anything and it totally can go the other way (as of a Pokemon collection) but it's more of a hint than anything else.

Before someone asks if it was really GameFreak: Subdomains are connected to the main domain. They belong to the official pokemon website.
As mentioned in the tweet, there are no other subdomains enabled that follows the same format except for Sword&Shield (swordshield.pokemon.com).

So as of now with the subdomains it seems GameFreak plans something related to the DP games and you can guess what that could mean.

if it means lets go sinnoh, I'm going to throw a hissy fit like I'm 5 years old. I might be 26, but there's no age that's too late for a good tantrum.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

But they used diamond and pearl. Maybe its not remakes and just the original games?