• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Pokemon Power

When they used a Pokemon Direct to unveil Sword and Shield two years ago, they announced the direct only a day before. It's not impossible they might do a Direct this year due to the anniversary.
I assume that's how they're gonna do it. Whenever they have a big Nintendo Direct like the one last week, they usually save the Pokemon-related news for a separate Direct later in the month. The two big questions in this case are exactly when will it happen, and how long will it be?

TyranatarGojira

I assume that's how they're gonna do it. Whenever they have a big Nintendo Direct like the one last week, they usually save the Pokemon-related news for a separate Direct later in the month. The two big questions in this case are exactly when will it happen, and how long will it be?
It would be a little weird to make a big deal out of the Pokemon Day celebrating the 25th Anneversry, declare it's going to be Pokemon Week, and not do a direct for Pokemon during it. Even if for some reason they aren't announcing anything for main series games, there's still a lot of stuff to talk about, like Snap, Unite, Detective Pikachu 2 and anything else.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I’m okay with a couple of the spin off games such as Snap and Café Mix. Mystery Dungeon I am neutral with as the Explorer games were really good but then Gates to Infinity ruined the series for me.
I only played Cafe Mix for a bit, until I got tired of it for not letting me continue to play after couple of failures.. Hated the time limit.
I dont have problem with spinoffs, until it gets the spot light rather than the main line games

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I only played Cafe Mix for a bit, until I got tired of it for not letting me continue to play after couple of failures.. Hated the time limit.
I dont have problem with spinoffs, until it gets the spot light rather than the main line games
I get the Acorn pack every month. It actually helps out a lot and I went from barely having any stars to over 80 by the end of the month.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I’m okay with a couple of the spin off games such as Snap and Café Mix. Mystery Dungeon I am neutral with as the Explorer games were really good but then Gates to Infinity ruined the series for me.
SPMD redeemed the issues, for a bit. Recruitment is so bogged down that just talking to a Pokemon is enough to enlist them to your team, and the story constantly tries to reprimand your efforts because you're just a kid.

TyranatarGojira

I hope they dont consider Pokemon Unite as big news..
Sadly they probably do.
Yeah, no. The game is in beta mode right now. They can't seriously give it a platinum pedestal.
Yeah. I know there was speculation that it was going to get shadow dropped on Pokemon day, but apparently a Canadian Beta was announced for April? I mean if that's the case we're still a long ways off.

I suppose the one thing I can say about Unite is it's free, so it won't cost anything to try it. But at the same time... Okay I've never played any MOBA's. But I swear they all look the same to me. I mean do they all have the same sort of branching paths through the stage or whatever?

MOBA's just feel like one of those things that are going to eventually implode due to a lack of diversity, and a oversaturation to me.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Sadly they probably do.

Yeah. I know there was speculation that it was going to get shadow dropped on Pokemon day, but apparently a Canadian Beta was announced for April? I mean if that's the case we're still a long ways off.

I suppose the one thing I can say about Unite is it's free, so it won't cost anything to try it. But at the same time... Okay I've never played any MOBA's. But I swear they all look the same to me. I mean do they all have the same sort of branching paths through the stage or whatever?

MOBA's just feel like one of those things that are going to eventually implode due to a lack of diversity, and a oversaturation to me.
Pokemon Unite lets you have a Garchomp wearing a scuba mask and a Hawaiian (Alolan?) shirt which other MOBAs can't say.