• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Ultra Beast Lover

If Gen 4 remakes are announced then we have to start considering what they're going to do for Gen 5 seeing as how those games have sequels. If remakes are announced, what would you want in them? Personally I'd want some closure on Cyrus as he just vanishes, isn't even caught. I also want them to include the events that were going to be in the original and I want customization.

Rapiido

If Gen 4 remakes are announced then we have to start considering what they're going to do for Gen 5 seeing as how those games have sequels. If remakes are announced, what would you want in them? Personally I'd want some closure on Cyrus as he just vanishes, isn't even caught. I also want them to include the events that were going to be in the original and I want customization.
Really hoping for no customization actually. For gens 6 to 8, customization was a huge driving force, but for all gens prior to that, the player characters design was "this is the character you're playing the game as". For gen 4 it was Lucas and Dawn, not "my avatar", similarly to how ORAS didn't allow customization of Brendan and May. I can't imagine any remade games will have customization until Kalos is remade.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Really hoping for no customization actually. For gens 6 to 8, customization was a huge driving force, but for all gens prior to that, the player characters design was "this is the character you're playing the game as". For gen 4 it was Lucas and Dawn, not "my avatar", similarly to how ORAS didn't allow customization of Brendan and May. I can't imagine any remade games will have customization until Kalos is remade.
I hope no customoziation too

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
If DP remakes are coming and to be announced tomorrow...Potential names?

Max Diamond & Max Pearl: Very 'does what it says on the tin'. Max as in Dynamax, and Max as in 'maximised versions'. Quick and snappy too.

Sky Diamond & Ocean Pearl: per 'leaks' earlier this week but probably fake? It fits more with Hoenn than Sinnoh conceptually. Also quick and snappy.

Eternal Diamond & Cosmic Pearl: Seen this a few times, including on this thread. I like Eternal Diamond but Cosmic Pearl sounds a but basic? You never know...Doesnt roll off the tongue as well as the previous, but then nor did Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Failing that...who knows. Lets Go Diamond & Pearl? (Don't @ me)

LordSerperior

I was kind of hoping for Johto remakes/sequels personally but those chocolates certainly point towards Sinnoh.

Anyway, less then 24 hours till we know for sure and I am excited to see what they have planned for the year outside of the mainline games as well. If they do end up announcing Sinnoh games, I do hope they're more than just straight up remakes.

Pokemon Power

It's not going to be gen 9, it was only released two years ago, even under extreme crunch time two years would be impossible. It's likely going to be Gen 4 remakes but don't get too excited until something is confirmed. Here's all we know from what I can tell:

It's an anniversary. Games are typically released on anniversaries

The 25th anniversary chocolate depicts Pikachu because it's the mascot, the Galar trio because they're recent, the Kanto trio because of course, and the Sinnoh Trio. That's not 100 percent confirmation, just powerful evidence.

Every other generation there's been a remake
Plus there were a few hints in the Crown Tundra. A Spiritomb appeared in the wild under similar conditions to the Sinnoh games, and the Ruins that Regirock, Regice and Registeel resided in were taken directly from that special event in Platinum with the event Regigigas.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
LGPE had customization, but it was barebones.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Max Diamond & Max Pearl: Very 'does what it says on the tin'. Max as in Dynamax, and Max as in 'maximised versions'. Quick and snappy too.

Sky Diamond & Ocean Pearl: per 'leaks' earlier this week but probably fake? It fits more with Hoenn than Sinnoh conceptually. Also quick and snappy.

Eternal Diamond & Cosmic Pearl: Seen this a few times, including on this thread. I like Eternal Diamond but Cosmic Pearl sounds a but basic? You never know...Doesnt roll off the tongue as well as the previous, but then nor did Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Eternal and Cosmic aren't really good counterparts, Cosmic just relates to space itself, whereas Eternal relates to endless time. I think Eternal/Eternity is good for Diamond, Pearl should be Infinite/Infinity. I was thinking Eternity/Infinity myself. It rolls off the tongue pretty well and relates to the theme of it being a console game, and console games are generally meant to be vast experiences (Infinity) that you can engage with for long periods of time (Eternity). As for the nitpick of the noun/adjective form, they usually trend towards nouns IIRC.

Now whether or not the game actually lives up to being endless is another matter (past history would say no), but that's how Game Freak probably wants them to be perceived.

Last edited:

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
Eternal and Cosmic aren't really good counterparts, Cosmic just relates to space itself, whereas Eternal relates to endless space. I think Eternal/Eternity is good for Diamond, Pearl should be Infinite/Infinity. I was thinking Eternity/Infinity myself. It rolls off the tongue pretty well and relates to the theme of it being a console game, and console games are generally meant to be vast experiences (Infinity) that you can engage with for long periods of time (Eternity). As for the nitpick of the noun/adjective form, they usually trend towards nouns IIRC.
This is great actually, I hadn't thought or come across Inifinity before. That would go really well with Eternal actually IMO.

Of course, all this could be moot. Sword 2 & Shield 2 anyone? (Probably not...but IMAGINE the reaction!)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
This is great actually, I hadn't thought or come across Inifinity before. That would go really well with Eternal actually IMO.

Of course, all this could be moot. Sword 2 & Shield 2 anyone? (Probably not...but IMAGINE the reaction!)

Well again, if I have to nitpick for a second, the parts of speech should match up. They should both be nouns or both be adjectives, it's minor, but a grammatical mistake like that would make them look unprofessional, so it would matter to them. They'd go either Eternal/Infinite or Eternity/Infinity. But yes, I'm falling more and more in love with that theme too the more I hear it, to the point where I'm now going to be disappointed if they go with something else (and who knows if I actually am, there could be numerous different options for game names).

ebevan91

In Celestic Town if you read the writing by the entrance of the cave thing it says something about time flowing and space expanding, so... Flowing Diamond and Expanding Pearl?

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Actually, it would be 12 PM (Since AM doesn't start until 01:00 in the night). AM literally means after Midnight.

Too clarify, it would be 00:00 in Japan.
I hate to be that person, but that's not what AM stands for.

TyranatarGojira

Well first off, DLC is a thing now. I'm guessing the expansion pass for SWSH did well. So I can see us getting some sort of expansions here. I mean it's not hard, just throw in an island or archepelego, that's what they've been doing since FRLG.
Eh, on the other hand, It's nice to not all look the same, or be stuck with generic NPC avatars for stuff like Raid battles. Lack of customization is also a step backwards in this case.

Although in this case what I want for customization is Outfits more than the full character customization. Dawn and Lucas were in different clothes in Platinum, so there's already a precident for it. I'd like to be able to change outfits at least, since I actually prefer Dawn's Platinum outfit.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Well first off, DLC is a thing now. I'm guessing the expansion pass for SWSH did well. So I can see us getting some sort of expansions here. I mean it's not hard, just throw in an island or archepelego, that's what they've been doing since FRLG.

Eh, on the other hand, It's nice to not all look the same, or be stuck with generic NPC avatars for stuff like Raid battles. Lack of customization is also a step backwards in this case.

Although in this case what I want for customization is Outfits more than the full character customization. Dawn and Lucas were in different clothes in Platinum, so there's already a precident for it. I'd like to be able to change outfits at least, since I actually prefer Dawn's Platinum outfit.
There's not a lot of room to include customization. Not only would the protagonists be replaced, but much of the game world would be changed. It would no longer be a remake, but rather a reimagining.

Red and Blue

I'm indifferent to if customization is in the game or not. What I'm more interested in is if Dyanamx would still be included in Sinnoh

PokeAmi

If its DP remakes I wonder if they gonna use a other games gimmick like mega evolutions in ORAS. So maybe Dynamax in Sinnoh? only thing off for me about that is Dynamax seems to be very region-exclusive to Galar only, like Z Moves was in Alola.

The Underground was a big thing in the Sinnoh games, so maybe they expand on that?

Except a little bit optimistic about the remakes being revealed tomorrow.
Maybe a bit about New Pokemon Snap getting showed. Highly likely something about Unite. Detective Pikachu 2 maybe

I'm not sure if Im gonna laugh or cry if their main focus tomorrow is Pokemon Unite again. (Seems like a decent enough game, but not really my taste)

TyranatarGojira

There's not a lot of room to include customization. Not only would the protagonists be replaced, but much of the game world would be changed. It would no longer be a remake, but rather a reimagining.
Giving you different outfits is changing too much? I'm sorry but I just feel some ability to not be stuck always looking the same through the entire game, and not looking like everyone else when you go online was a nice improvement, and completely dropping it is a step backwards. And I like being able to wear environment appropriate clothes dang it. At the very least give me the ability to switch between the original outfits and the Platninum ones.

I'm indifferent to if customization is in the game or not. What I'm more interested in is if Dyanamx would still be included in Sinnoh
My money is on yes. As much as I prefer Megas, and dislike Dynamax, that seems to be a big thing for this gen, so it's gonna be like how Megas got added to ORAS. They use it for the raid dens, and they seem invested in it for the online battling too. So they'll somehow cram it in, even if Dynamax is litirally harder to fit into an area than Megas.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Well again, if I have to nitpick for a second, the parts of speech should match up. They should both be nouns or both be adjectives, it's minor, but a grammatical mistake like that would make them look unprofessional, so it would matter to them. They'd go either Eternal/Infinite or Eternity/Infinity. But yes, I'm falling more and more in love with that theme too the more I hear it, to the point where I'm now going to be disappointed if they go with something else (and who knows if I actually am, there could be numerous different options for game names).

I predict they will announce Pokemon Smile 2