• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
One thing I thought of that could be pretty neat is if you could get the Manapy Egg in New Pokemon Snap and transfer it to the main games (like Ranger back in the day). Probably wouldn't happen though.
I hope that they have it available via a wifi event in case anyone misses out on getting it the way you mentioned (if they did it that way).

TyranatarGojira

Honestly hate dynamax. The concept of pokemon growing to massive sizes just seems silly and illogical.
So, please include mega evos again and whatnot.

But yeah, not long to go. It's almost here!
Well technically, we did have giant Dragonite and Tentacruel and stuff in the early anime....

But yeah, So on team Mega.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Honestly hate dynamax. The concept of pokemon growing to massive sizes just seems silly and illogical.
So, please include mega evos again and whatnot.

But yeah, not long to go. It's almost here!

The game has a dog that can breathe fire, and you find growing massive in size to be the illogical thing?

I get if you don't like Dynamaxing, but that's a pretty strange reasoning for it.

LordSerperior

I don't get why anyone would not want customisation in the remakes. The nostalgic attachment to Lucas/Dawn is only there for people who played the original. For anyone who started playing after those games, it's just a step back. I didn't like it being removed from ORAS either as I hate May's ORAS design and would have preferred the option to have something closer to her original design. And you can just not use the feature and play as the default design.

Also don't understand the argument that they're established characters. The only thing established about their characters are their designs, everything else is just as much of a blank slate as the newer PCs. And then again the customisation feature hasn't stopped them from treating the newer PCs as their own characters in terms of merchandise and spinoffs.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I don't want to be that guy but... how sure are we that we are indeed getting DP Remakes today? Of course, I want it. Just a thought.

Personally, I'm just basing it off the chocolates being distributed that had the Gen 1, 4 & 8 starters.

I've been a little off the loop so I'm not sure if there were any other hints that kinda make it obvious.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't get why anyone would not want customisation in the remakes. The nostalgic attachment to Lucas/Dawn is only there for people who played the original. For anyone who started playing after those games, it's just a step back. I didn't like it being removed from ORAS either as I hate May's ORAS design and would have preferred the option to have something closer to her original design. And you can just not use the feature and play as the default design.

Also don't understand the argument that they're established characters. The only thing established about their characters are their designs, everything else is just as much of a blank slate as the newer PCs. And then again the customisation feature hasn't stopped them from treating the newer PCs as their own characters in terms of merchandise and spinoffs.
It would also lead to drastic changes to all the town layouts, as they weren't designed with customization in mind.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I don't want to be that guy but... how sure are we that we are indeed getting DP Remakes today? Of course, I want it. Just a thought.

Personally, I'm just basing it off the chocolates being distributed that had the Gen 1, 4 & 8 starters.

I've been a little off the loop so I'm not sure if there were any other hints that kinda make it obvious.
I think it's based on when the remakes were released. Like how Gen 2 had remakes in Gen 4 which we now know as HGSS, Gen 3 remakes in Gen 6 aka ORAS, and people are now thinking it'll be Gen 4 remakes in Gen 8 cause of this pattern of the original Gen getting remakes in the Gen multiplied by 2.

Edit: And also by CentroLeaks who has had credible successful leaks in the past.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Centro's had a lot of leaks and rumors, the most credible of which being other merchandise revealed and a domain name enabled (he's also heard several other rumors regarding remakes, but you know how those go, they're less credible). Other than that, it's just the most popular fan request.

I think it's based on when the remakes were released. Like how Gen 2 had remakes in Gen 4 which we now know as HGSS, Gen 3 remakes in Gen 6 aka ORAS, and people are now thinking it'll be Gen 4 remakes in Gen 8 cause of this pattern of the original gen getting remakes in the Gen multipled by 2.
Except 1st gen remakes released in 3rd gen, which breaks that pattern. If any kind of pattern is true regarding remakes, it's that we get remakes in the first Pokemon generation on the console. 1st gen remakes released on the first generation on the GBA (3rd gen), 2nd gen remakes released on the first generation on the DS (4th gen), 3rd gen remakes released on the first generation on the 3DS (6th gen), and now we have 8th gen which is the first generation on the Switch, so we expect 4th gen remakes.

5th gen remakes could really throw a monkey wrench into things since both 4th and 5th gen were on the DS, so it is feasible that we could see both 4th gen remakes and 5th gen remakes on the Switch, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For now, this is about the time when we would see the next set of remakes, which are 4th gen.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think it's based on when the remakes were released. Like how Gen 2 had remakes in Gen 4 which we now know as HGSS, Gen 3 remakes in Gen 6 aka ORAS, and people are now thinking it'll be Gen 4 remakes in Gen 8 cause of this pattern of the original Gen getting remakes in the Gen multiplied by 2.
I think that pattern might end up being broken.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I think it's based on when the remakes were released. Like how Gen 2 had remakes in Gen 4 which we now know as HGSS, Gen 3 remakes in Gen 6 aka ORAS, and people are now thinking it'll be Gen 4 remakes in Gen 8 cause of this pattern of the original gen getting remakes in the Gen multipled by 2.
Well, that's new to me. I know the trend of getting remakes for every new system though.

Centro's had a lot of leaks and rumors, the most credible of which being other merchandise revealed and a domain name enabled (he's also heard several other rumors regarding remakes, but you know how those go, they're less credible). Other than that, it's just the most popular fan request.
Oh yeah, I recall seeing something about DP site domains. Thanks for reminding me of that.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
As I said in my edit, it's also false because 1st gen remakes break that pattern, releasing in 3rd gen.
Eh tbf, this thought and pattern was years after the release of FireRed and LeafGreen which the former also has technically been consistent since then.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

As someone whose first game ever was Diamond and favorite game ever is Platinum, I don’t get it either. What attachment is there to these characters? When you’re playing as them, they have nothing to distinguish them as anything but yourself. Customization makes more sense in that regard since you can make them as close to you as you want. And, as you said, the option to just not customize is still there. It was so jarring playing ORAS WiFi battles and seeing 2 Brendan/May after XY made the effort to make everyone different. There’s literally no reason to be against customization.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
As someone whose first game was Diamond and favorite game is Platinum, I don’t get it either. What attachment is there to these characters? When you’re playing as them, they have nothing to distinguish them as anything but yourself. Customization makes more sense in that regard since you can make them as close to you as you want. And, as you said, the option to just not customize is still there. It was so jarring playing ORAS WiFi battles and seeing 2 Brendan/May after XY made the effort to make every different. There’s literally no reason to be against customization.
I don't expect customization at all unless this is a Let's Go game, and even then LGPE's customization was barebones.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Probably just another skin tone option at the beginning of the game. If we can't change outfits, maybe at least give us some hair and eye options as well.

Also, that said, Pokemon accessories were introduced in Gen 4 contests. I expect Pokemon to keep that.

BCVM22

how sure are we that we are indeed getting DP Remakes today?
There's nothing to really put a number on it, but let's break it down this way. Masuda and Ohmori are both pushing this hard on their social media, which they don't usually do, which mildly suggests it's a core title (which they'd be involved with) and not a side title (which they would not be).

I think Galar has had its moment for now (suggesting it's not more Sword/Shield DLC) and I think it's *way* too early for Generation IX, so if we assume it is a core title, Sinnoh is next in line for "traditional" remakes, where Johto would be next if they continue the new line of games begun with LGP/E. These being the two most plausible (not "likely," just plausible) options, it's not a coincidence that these are what the rumors focus on, because the rumormongers who subsist on clicks and views know they have a 50/50 chance of being right and they can write it off even if wrong.

"Leaks," "rumors," "fan requests," whatever, all just noise, none of it credible, and all of it better left ignored. There's always chances it could be a different core title or not a core title at all. But if we look at what we know and what we don't know but is plausible, it leads us here.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
It would also lead to drastic changes to all the town layouts, as they weren't designed with customization in mind.
You say drastic change to town layouts, but what drastic changes would be needed? A clothing store would be it. Put a clothing store in one of the many doorless buildings that Sinnoh had in nearly every town and you'll be fine. They could make the Pokemarts clothing stores and move the actual item buying to the Pokemon Center like it has been in all non remakes since gen 5. Also, we've seen Game Freak drastically change town layouts before with Mauville. That argument doesn't really hold water.