• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
BDSP’s art style sort of reminds me of the sloped camera angle of A Link Between Worlds and I like it. It’s unique and looks similar yet somehow bigger.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yeah okay, Legends genuinely looks amazing. BDSP aren't as bad as I was worried either. Sure the artstyle looks a little weird, but I can kind of view it as a modern take on the old DS/GB artstyles and at least the Pokemon look fairly normal.
Yea it does. Hyped for that, Diamond and Pearl and Snap. They all look fun. I view the art style as a compromise between old and new.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Yeah okay, Legends genuinely looks amazing. BDSP aren't as bad as I was worried either. Sure the artstyle looks a little weird, but I can kind of view it as a modern take on the old DS/GB artstyles and at least the Pokemon look fairly normal.
Actually, now that I think about it, that makes perfect sense. I’ll at least get BD. And definitely Legends, but I hope it’s not $80. We’d better get Arceus in a game called Legend of Arceus, if not, I will cry.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Why should I get these DP remakes? They looked to be 100 % the same, they didnt even bother change the character designs at all. The artstyle is childish and abit 3D, thats all. Why could just make the original DP available on e-shop :/

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m excited but I’m still not sure what to make of these games since I didn’t expect the DP remakes to go for the chibi/Animal Crossing style & I especially didn’t expect anything like Legends.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
That chibi style in the overworld is growing on me tho.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It looks like they put all efforts and resources into this arceus game... Why did they even bother with DP? Such a let down
Why should I pay for the game when its 100 % the same except for this werid and childish chibby artstyle? The graphics arent even as beautiful as Link awakening. Looks a mess

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
BDSP’s art style sort of reminds me of the sloped camera angle of A Link Between Worlds and I like it. It’s unique and looks similar yet somehow bigger.
Yeah. That art style reminded me of ALBW and Link's Awakening on the Switch. It's great that the battles use full trainer models. I kinda feared that for a moment.

I'm really curious how "faithful" these remakes will be. They really didn't show much aside from a few battles and overworld.