• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
All I'll say, I hope frame rates won't be 5-10 for Legends: Arceus. I certainly won't mind the chibi-style of DP remakes, as long as they stay true to their origins in terms of difficulty and challenge.

Morax

King of heroes
When remakes look the same as original games you know the franchise is dying. Someone please tell GF that the overworld is as important as the battle mechanics.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Not going to waste money on 100 % the same game that the only difference is a chibby artstyle. The 3d doesnt even look good. Im shocked its a Switch game, looks more like 3d if not less. The covid surely had something to do with it.

I will give that Arceus legand a try tho, but it looked too inspired from Botw..

Ultra Beast Lover

Are they supposed to be Dawn and Lucas' ancestors? Do we start the first human settlements? So many questions, so many possibilities, I hope it's not just us catching Pokemon. I wonder what Sinnoh myths they'll include. I hope this is an ongoing series.

Can you tell I'm not getting the remakes?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The fact that Arceus is a subtitle and not part of the main title makes me wonder if Pokemon Legends might be its own thing from here on out, where we get 3d games set in past versions of regions featuring a single Mythical or Legendary
It's another gimmicky title like LGPE.

Bus

All I'll say, I hope frame rates won't be 5-10 for Legends: Arceus. I certainly won't mind the chibi-style of DP remakes, as long as they stay true to their origins in terms of difficulty and challenge.
It looks like the remakes themselves are staying pretty true. I mean, the Chibi style is probably the best way to update it; it kinda looks like an HD upgrade of the original DS game. The sprites were so small, they may as well have been chibi to begin with.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Have to say I am disappointed by the chibi artstyle. It's way to faithful to the originals to the point it looks actually worse than ORAS. I at least expected Lets Go level of graphics.

Feels that TPC wanted to do the Sinnoh prequel and before the hardcore fans get to angry they also made the classic remake in a hurry.

The Arceus game though is 10/10 worthy.

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
Even if they don't show many info about the both games (mechanic, returning Pokémon, compatibility)
I am already disappointed. I am the one who bred a lot of Pokemons in order to migrate to new remake game.

and c' mon? pokemon world Championship with this remake or the feudal tournament?

I'm so upset.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
A Legends series got potential tho: Pokémon Legends: Ho-Oh // Rayquaza // Kalos Wars .

DannyDark

Even with how excited I am about Legends.. I can't even bring myself to believe that framerate/texture issues will be fixed by release, going off of SwSh.. though hopefully they are!

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I’m not sold on the DP remakes. The art style just doesn’t appeal to me and it doesn’t sound like they’ll be much different from the originals. I’ll wait and see if anything new is revealed but for now I’m skipping them.

The Legends Arceus game looks fantastic though. I’ll definitely be getting it.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Have to say I am disappointed by the chibi artstyle. It's way to faithful to the originals to the point it looks actually worse than ORAS. I at least expected Lets Go level of graphics.

Feels that TPC wanted to do the Sinnoh prequel and before the hardcore fans get to angry they also made the classic remake in a hurry.

Chibi's look better than the Gen 6 ones actually where they mid-stopped trying to be them and looked weird.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Pushing Legends to be a regular Holiday 2022 release will have 0 complaints from me, in exchange for more quality of life polishing and fps fixes.
Essentially added the new Wild Area concept without having to make it a modern take and retcon Sinnoh in some ways. And I liked it.
Ambitious and different.

Again, fps issues with BDSP which I hope gets fine tuned by release. 50/50 on the art style but it's something different.
Didn't really see if any features past Gen IV will make it, since it's a "faithful remake" but curious to see how the Platinum aspects are incorporated and what'll make me want to soft reset for hours against Cynthia.

I know Pokemon has evolved to a lot more than the standard play the game and enjoy the experience and story to online connectivity and competitive battling, and I'm curious how that'll be incorporated, if at all, for Legends. Not that I'll miss it too much. I miss the rpg aspects of the originals and maybe this is going back to basics in a sense.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
Hyped for these, particularly Legends. BDSP will pass the time until then, looking forward to hearing the remastered music through a TV. Not the most important question at the moment, but I hope the remaining missing pokemon in SWSH will be patched in when BDSP release and that we can transfer from BDSP to SWSH via Home.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

That's what I think. I think that BDSP is an afterthought only created so that fans wouldn't be angry about the lack of a traditional Sinnoh remake.