• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Was the Mythical distribution in 2016 announced in the 20th anniversary stream? I just want my Mythicals again this year.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The biggest thing I'm wondering is how Legends & the DP remakes will handle compatibility between Home & SWSH. Will they both allow moving/transferring from Home & trading/battling with the Galar games, will one of them not be backwards compatible, or will they both be their own thing?

Autobot N

The biggest thing I'm wondering is how Legends & the DP remakes will handle compatibility between Home & SWSH. Will they both allow moving/transferring from Home & trading/battling with the Galar games, will one of them not be backwards compatible, or will they both be their own thing?
My hope would be trading with Galar and at least the first 493 Pokemon (so you could trade over Fire types from SWSH if you wanted to)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Legends Arceus means we are getting the next generation in 2023, not 2022. Which means this generation will be a year four year gen, much like original Gen 4.

Someone on Reddit pointed out that Porygon-Z was in the trailer, which probably means they're using the Platinum Pokedex.
This is super important, which means more Platinum features might be in the game, even if they are DLC.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Legends Arceus means we are getting the next generation in 2023, not 2022. Which means this generation will be a year four year gen, much like original Gen 4.

This is super important, which means more Platinum features might be in the game, even if they are DLC.
I think that we are actually getting Gen 9 in 2024 because of increased development time, especially if it is a full on open world title.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
I think that we are actually getting Gen 9 in 2024 because of increased development time, especially if it is a full on open world title.
Not to mention the possibility of DLC content for Legends Arceus which could extend the development cycle further.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
It's been clear that this series needs to reinvent what a Pokemon journey can consist of. Whether it's different eras or different gameplay mechanics. The core series needed a refresher for a while. While Let's Go tried it, and I guess I can applaud the bold step to try something different, backing off after some backlash is way worse than sticking to the usual status quo and playing the same game with a new gimmick, new creatures and new region as the only highlights.

PokeAmi

I wonder If the Company is tryng the waters with Pokemon Legends and it potensially become a series. Like Legends: Rayquaza,-Kyurem,-Zygarde,- Necrozma etc.. and the protagonist off these games are the ancestors of the modern protagonists we know.
We get Rowlet, Cyndaquil and Oshawott. in this game...Maybe another mix of starters at other Legends games? (this is only speculation of course).

But I'm excited for that hopefully we get more deeper lore about Arceus now and thats its name is just not slapped on the cover.

Kinda suprised they didnt talk about Unite or Sleep.

I must say I find these new game reveals quite interesting: The Diamond & Pearl remakes look great and from what I can see manage to capture the feel of the original games with improved graphics (I love they did not go full 3D). The Arceus game on the other hand seems to try and take the open-world changes of Sword and Shield one step further. It is almost if GameFreak is testing two completely different philosophies for making pokemon games to find out which one performs best.

As both games only differ half a year in their development cycle, I guess they have two completely seperate teams on them. It would not surprise me if the Arceus game has people in the team who made the open-world environments in Sword and Shield.
Early 2022 seems way too soon to release that Arceus game given its current state: the world seems to suffer from the empty feeling so many other open world games do. I see they showed quite a few battle animations, I assume on purpose to show they are improving them. On the other hand, that chingling moving at around 1:06 has rough animation to say the least.

So in short, these updates are nice, with the Diamond and Pearl remakes definitely looking promising and the Arceus game having its work cut out in order for it to truly deliver. Now I only hope that Diamond and Pearl do not restrict the pokemon that can be transferred to it: my fear is that they merely use its release to expand the roster of pokemon that can be transferred to Sword and Shield, while still leaving many out.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
As both games only differ half a year in their development cycle, I guess they have two completely seperate teams on them. It would not surprise me if the Arceus game has people in the team who made the open-world environments in Sword and Shield.
Legends : Arceus is being led by GameFreak/Creatures Inc. .

BDSP is being developed by ILCA, who recently did Pokemon Home. Along with Masuda serving as a Director.

Manbis

I dont like any of it.... So the Gen4 Remakes will be the worst Remakes ever cause they dont add the new mechanics and new pokemon from the present games.... Dont even wanna talk about the look. I do rather play the original gen4 on the switch with faster loading times than this to be honest.

And i dont get the idea behind Pokemon legends? It looked really bad visually and they didnt really show much. Remember , that game comes out in around 12 months so it should be more or less finished. Does the game have "Cities" and Gyms and stuff like that or is it a dead world like that of Zelda:Breath of the wild mostly? What seperates this game from a main game?

Litleonid

Gotta say, I'm actually very impressed!

New Pokemon Snap is the most beautiful Pokemon game ever designed. I'm definitely looking forward to it and having options such as playing music and the whole luminous thing is a nice addition that will make taking pictures more and getting to see all the reactions more fun. I do also love that the editor mode is gonna be a thing. USUM's photo club had a nice edit mode so its nice that we'll get to do the same AND share online. Definitely looking forward to buying New Pokemon Snap.

FINALLY! Sinnoh remakes are confirmed! I gotta say, part of me is disappointed, but happy? The chibi style for humans looks weird, and I kinda expected SwSh or LGPE style, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. The environment itself does look great in this style. I'm hoping we'll get some new content for the games, and I read something about QoL improvements, so I hope this means no HM's. Glad we're getting them this year.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus was COMPLETELY unexpected, though a VERY welcome surprise! An open world action RPG set in feudal Sinnoh focusing on Sinnoh and Arceus lore? SIGN ME UP!! I'm very excited about this game. Also, I love the fact that they're making Cyndaquil, Rowlet, and Oshawott the starters. They're some of my absolute favorites, so its gonna be tough to choose.

Rapiido

Rewatching the intro video of the direct, and near the end it has a shot from Super Smash Bros with 4 Pikachu using Thunder on each other on Saffron City, and then transitions seamlessly into Ultimate for a few frames... that was cool. Soo many small details in this.

Pokemon Power

FINALLY! Sinnoh remakes are confirmed! I gotta say, part of me is disappointed, but happy? The chibi style for humans looks weird, and I kinda expected SwSh or LGPE style, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. The environment itself does look great in this style. I'm hoping we'll get some new content for the games, and I read something about QoL improvements, so I hope this means no HM's. Glad we're getting them this year.
Seems to me like they're trying to make every region feel distinct on Switch with their own individual graphic styles.