• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

NeedsAName

You know something I noticed? And they could break this trend with Gen. 9. Ever since they started adding Pokemon mid-generation with Gen. 7, new Pokemon have come in three groups each time: the first group in the initial pair, which trends to be the biggest, then a group in an expanded version of the initial region which tend to match it's theme (Alola visiting Ultra Space, Galar having big legends) and includes a new mythical (Zeraora, followed by Zarude), and the third and final representing a new feature in a region we've already been to (Meltan and Metmetal representing Go connectivity with Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee, and newly discovered evolutions of existing Pokemon in Legends, as the Sinnoh region had whole bunch in the initial fourth generation).
That is a cool realization, but I refuse to let myself trust patterns until they've been perfectly followed (or were supposed to be followed) at least three times, and only truly believe them after four go-arounds. So, currently I think with about 80% certainty there will be new regional variants in Gen IX after Alola, Galar, and Hisui, but I'm certainly not going to dismiss the potential for more mid-gen Pokémon.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Overall, I think that gen 8 had lots of content. Lots of games and DLC

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So I recently learned The Pokémon Company is buying Millennium Print, the printing company that manufactures Pokémon cards.

I believe this will make Millennium Print the first non-Pokémon subsidiary of TPC. Honestly, I don't think they're going to stop there. If this boosts the production and distribution of the TGC, I can easily see them buying production and animation studios as well. It's not like they don't have the budget for it.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
On 6/9/22, previous artist and art director of Pokemon Sword and Shield, James Turner announced via twitter that he was leaving Game Freak to start his own Game Studio. With Masuda leaving earlier this month to take a more executive role at TPCi, and now Turner leaving, the team we've known for a long time has really started to shift and there is a new changing of the guard.

In looking at the Scarlet and Violet information we have now, and then taking the above into consideration, this could be a new shift in pokemon game design philosophy.

Not really sure what more to add as we don't have a ton of information and we're very unsure who is producing Scarlet and Violet or who is leading the art direction. So with that said, what is your favorite Pokémon that James Turner has designed (list here)?

My personal favorite of his credited designs is Trevenant.

(Note to Mods - if this is in the wrong spot, please feel free to move the topic)

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I'll admit I don't know exactly which Pokémon designs can be credited to Turner, but I heard he played a big role for the gen 5 dex, and that has many of my favorites.

I'm sad to hear of his departure so soon after Masuda's, but hopefully some fresh talent at Game Freak will take Pokémon to new heights.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Thats worrying..... 2 major faces in GF leaving .. o.o
I hope it wont affect the quality of the future games

It likely wont - Game Freak has a pretty good track record of giving younger workers important roles and developing in house talent. Masuda has been transitioning a way for some time now, and Turner was only the art director for one specific game.

James Turner, art director of SwSh and designer behind several Pokémon from gen V and on, has left Game Freak to start his own game studio; All Possible Futures.

janejane6178

It likely wont - Game Freak has a pretty good track record of giving younger workers important roles and developing in house talent. Masuda has been transitioning a way for some time now, and Turner was only the art director for one specific game.
I think that its just a honor to design a Pokemon hehe

janejane6178

James Turner, art director of SwSh and designer behind several Pokémon from gen V and on, has left Game Freak to start his own game studio; All Possible Futures.
Well I didnt like the designs of many gen 8 Pokemon so its ok for me..
So far the Pokemon design of gen 9 seems good for me....

TwilightBlade

Good. He was the person who designed some of my least favourite Gen 5 Pokemon like Golett, Golurk, Vullaby and Mandibuzz. In fact now that I've seen the full list of his creations I can confidently say that I don't like a single Pokemon he was involved in designing. :[

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
My favourite out of the Pokémon that James Turner designed would be Naganadel, wishing him the best of luck on his new path in life.