• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I don’t think that TPC will do NTFs as Pokémon is targeted mostly towards children and thus cannot use a credit card without parental assistance and no parent is going to buy worthless artwork that isn’t all that special.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Don't know why you're quoting Joe as if he's more knowledgeable about the inner workings of TPCi's job recruiting department than the rest of us. He may get info on future games ahead of time from his source, but that's about as far as his intel network goes. Not to mention that he always sides with TPCi anyway and never has anything negative to say about them, so of course he wouldn't criticize any future business decisions they make.

But he does at least have a point about waiting until we have more tangible information.
I quoted Joe because he's had experience with the Pokemon Company and has contacted them on multiple occasions.
I'm not going to pretend he's not privy to bias, but to just claim he wouldn't have some level of scrutiny with how TPC works is a bit unfair.

All the same, I doubt Pokemon are getting into metaverse crap, and this is just a job application, nothing is stating that they want to do NFTs.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I quoted Joe because he's had experience with the Pokemon Company and has contacted them on multiple occasions.
I'm not going to pretend he's not privy to bias, but to just claim he wouldn't have some level of scrutiny with how TPC works is a bit unfair.

All the same, I doubt Pokemon are getting into metaverse crap, and this is just a job application, nothing is stating that they want to do NFTs.
But it is a sign that they might have some interest in getting involved with blockchain/NFTs.

Akashin

But it is a sign that they might have some interest in getting involved with blockchain/NFTs.
No, it's a sign of exactly what has been said; that they are seeking someone with expertise on the subject, for some as-yet-unknown reason. Anything else is speculation, at least as of this moment, and there's no particular reason to assume the worst on the basis of what little we know.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
No, it's a sign of exactly what has been said; that they are seeking someone with expertise on the subject, for some as-yet-unknown reason. Anything else is speculation, at least as of this moment, and there's no particular reason to assume the worst on the basis of what little we know.
Except in this scenario the worst case scenario is actually what is most likely to happen. It is very likely that Pokemon will be going the NFT/metaverse route.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Heard about the news earlier. It's so sad. Cancer sucks. :(

Trey pokes

This thing is all over Twitter. Even the VA's and Michelle Knotz/voice of Jessie, spoke out greatly of this. This thing continues to suck hard.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The Pokemon Presents logo blacking out and getting a glowing M gave me a funny thought.

What some mobile spin off game officially acknowledged Missingno. as it was added?

That would be incredibly funny. (Also, no need for "well actually" statements, because I was thinking of this as a musing, nothing more.)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Maybe Mewtwo in Masters and in Scarlet and Violet.

Don't really care about the former, since I can't even play Masters on my phone.

Hoping we get some older games on Online and/or rereleased onto the eshop.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Highly doubt it’s Masters. Giovanni and Mewtwo have been in the game since 2019 and while he is the cornerstone of the current storyline, Mewtwo was already featured as a big part of it when it first started 2 years ago. At best I think Mewtwo will be given some focus in mostly everything in the Presents and they may say “Hey, you can battle and even team up with Mewtwo in Masters right now”. Masters is also doing a rerun of Team Rocket’s story later this month but it’s for Johto not Kanto in which his main Pokémon is Dynamax Nidoking. They’re also rerunning Giovanni and Persian later so if anything Mewtwo is the one Pokémon he has that isn’t getting any focus. Maybe for the anniversary next month I guess but I doubt it.

Autobot N

The Pokemon Presents logo blacking out and getting a glowing M gave me a funny thought.

What some mobile spin off game officially acknowledged Missingno. as it was added?

That would be incredibly funny. (Also, no need for "well actually" statements, because I was thinking of this as a musing, nothing more.)
They're definitely not gonna do it at this point, but if for some reason GAME FREAK ever decides to merge the Nidorans into a single species, they should add Missingno. in male Nidoran's dex number so they don't mess up any other Pokemon's dex number

Pokemon Power

That glowing M is a little strange. There are rumors of a Mewtwo event happening in Scarlet in Violet soon. Maybe that's what they're teasing.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
They're definitely not gonna do it at this point, but if for some reason GAME FREAK ever decides to merge the Nidorans into a single species, they should add Missingno. in male Nidoran's dex number so they don't mess up any other Pokemon's dex number
It's my opinion that Missingno. was never meant to be the name of the glitch, but rather, they filled in missing text slots with that, and the glitch was not discovered until after the release. I feel like otherwise, the glitch would have been patched. There is a decent Youtube video that explains how Missingno. is formatted into the game, and how it corrupts the Hall of Fame data.

Edit: I usually hate adding YouTube videos, but I do find this will be informative.

Last edited: