• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon Platinum Discussion Thread 2 ~ (READ 1ST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

FireMeowth

Enthusiast
Are you serious? As if Nintendo has ever been worried about keeping fans. As if there's someone who's actually not going to buy the hardware because of when it gets released, regardless of geography. That's a terrible argument.
Have you asked any European fans? Just about everyone (who's not a fanboy like me) practically hates.. every gaming company that releases everything in the US before Europe. Releasing the DSi in Europe first would be a smart move. No doubt about that.

Again, you lot can think whatever you want, but aside from one three-mont-old ambiguously-worded quote from someone who doesn't actually work for Nintendo of Europe, there is nothing - no precedent, no logic - to suggest that Europe will get the DSi significantly earlier than will North America.
We've had things come to Europe before North America before.
And old quotes are better than no quotes. (ANd I still believe someone said they were aiming to release it in Europe during springtime before Reggie...) :3

...But I guess this argument doesn't really belong here. Meh.

BCVM22

Have you asked any European fans? Just about everyone (who's not a fanboy like me) practically hates.. every gaming company that releases everything in the US before Europe. Releasing the DSi in Europe first would be a smart move. No doubt about that.

Aaaand again, "no." Europe comes third in the release chain for logistical and developmental reasons. For a product - software or hardware - to release across Europe, here's just a small taste of what has to happen:

- The product must first be translated into every major language spoken across the continent; offhand, that's Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch and lord knows what else I've forgotten.
- Logistics (shipping, distribution and delivery) need to be established for every major country and region across the continent
- Enough units need to be manufactured to meet demand across the entire continent

These things take time. That you've informally polled a bunch of people who can't understand this does not at all mean that Nintendo needs to deviate from established and reliable timeframes and routines just to compensate. If you want to play the "Nintendo hates us and it angers us and they should reward us!" card, fine, but it's not accurate at all.

ArabGamer

It isn't by accident that North America gets 90% of releases before Europe does.

90% isn't the same as 100%........ :D

NinjaBaker

I went to the mall yesterday, stopped by gamestop and then saw that they put up some carboard figurine of origin Giratina thats said "Pokemon Platinum coming soon, reserve your copy today!" Made me all happy inside because I realized that Platinum is almost here :D

;munchlax;

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
P - pokemon
l - lovable
a - awesome
t - the greatest
i - i want it
u - u should get it
m - much appreciation for reading this acrostic poem!!! LOL

I want it sooooo bad, who are you going to start with? I will probably start with chimchar...

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
n00bish question

Say I have a team on my diamond that I desperately want to transfer to my Platinum for personal reasons and I do NOT have access to either a second DS or a friend (in my city) who has one. So, I contact one of my Serebii friends and request them to keep my pokemon for a moment or two while I start up my Platinum and he trades me the pokemon back. This is the plan

Obviously this can only be done via GTS, so is there any way I can ensure that my pokemon don't get taken by a third party?

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Right.... hahahahaha! Thanks man!

Anyways, one interesting thing I noted about Platinum was that back in the old days of RBY, there used to be several rumors about how to get secrets depending on how many times you beat the elite 4. Like 100 times and you get a Mewthree

What's amusing is that they have actually implemented such events in this game
For instance, beat the Elite Four 20 times and all your Rival's pokemon shoot up to the max level (i.e. 85)

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
^ you have to beat your rival for 2 weeks straight for that to happen. or at least thats what i thought.
if you beat the E4 10 times you unlock the piano in your resort house

PUR3N1NJA

well i played it in jap and i'm looking forward to understanding the story. this game might be the first to only have wi-fi events that would be good. i wounder if it would hook up to p.b.r.

lectric42

Platinum Ahead
Good wi-fi events is a plus. Maybe someday you won't have to go anywhere for all events, so you don't have to go to Tys R Us to get Regigigas and Shaymin. I still wonder if the game is tougher now.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
I apologize if this has been beaten ad nauseum, but where are any links about the upcoming TRU events...I cannot find them anywhere and I want to know if it's legit :/

The events are legit, pokebeach has the poster pics,-they could be fake but I doubt it.- and besides they dont have anything to do with platinum because the events are for D/P.

Last edited:

R_N

Well, technically they do effect platinum.
The event Shaymin is the only way to get the Gracedia flower from that girl, while the event Regigigas is the only way to access the Regi caves

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Well, technically they do effect platinum.
The event Shaymin is the only way to get the Gracedia flower from that girl, while the event Regigigas is the only way to access the Regi caves

I meant that they cant be directly sent to platinum. Since they occur before its release. Eh I wasnt specific enough I geuss.

kemal07

so we all get to know the frontier brains in platinum can someone please translate and wright what the frontier brains say in platinum...cant read japanese :( lol itl be helpful.
theres a point where cattleya only talks oncee being 1 word :D i want to know what she says along with the others.

cant wait till it comes out. when is it out in europe...? any predictions...

ps who likes my cattleya - kokuran anime appearance gif :p

BCVM22

when is it out in europe...? any predictions...

Do people still ask this:

A. Because they legitimately think we know but it isn't posted anywhere?
B. Because they can't figure it out for themselves despite two-three years of useful precedent?
C. Just because?
D. All of the above

Which is it?