• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon Platinum Discussion Thread 2 ~ (READ 1ST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

BCVM22

I didn't believe you until you swore with your heart that it was a really fun game.

Are you sure you bought a legit copy? I never trust convention dealers.

I'm geting platinum and if it wasn't so good I would get DP.After all its the 3# of its gen. and like all the rest its gonna be great.

Shinycyndaquil

I'm geting platinum and if it wasn't so good I would get DP.After all its the 3# of its gen. and like all the rest its gonna be great.

Shinycyndaquil

kemal07

cant wait till its out in europe. But the thing is i cant wait :) might just get American version. Guys i jus wanted to ask though, is there anything different between Europe and American pokemon games? this'l be great help.

Blazios

cant wait till its out in europe. But the thing is i cant wait :) might just get American version. Guys i jus wanted to ask though, is there anything different between Europe and American pokemon games? this'l be great help.

The American one contains an ESRB notice on the bottom screen at the start of the opening, and a few lines are changed if they contain words offensive to British people but not Americans. I only remember one example of this in D/P.

Azareuz

Actually even though that all of the europeans including me are extremely excited about PLatinum but even though the excitement is in europe i believe they've already started creatin a new game due to the new movie (The end of Space Time [i think that's what it's called]) so everyone's happy!
bye everybody!

kemal07

The American one contains an ESRB notice on the bottom screen at the start of the opening, and a few lines are changed if they contain words offensive to British people but not Americans. I only remember one example of this in D/P.

thank you. so there isnt much difference then. do you think its worth me waiting for it to come out in europe or should i just go ahead and buy the american version in march?

randomspot555

Actually even though that all of the europeans including me are extremely excited about PLatinum but even though the excitement is in europe i believe they've already started creatin a new game due to the new movie (The end of Space Time [i think that's what it's called]) so everyone's happy!
bye everybody!

What's your source?

thank you. so there isnt much difference then. do you think its worth me waiting for it to come out in europe or should i just go ahead and buy the american version in march?

If you REALLY want to and have the money to afford the import cost, then go for it.

BCVM22

i believe they've already started creatin a new game due to the new movie (The end of Space Time [i think that's what it's called]) so everyone's happy!

They haven't and they won't. Purge your mind of the thought and let it never be posted again.

Mikaga

Importing Trainer
Some of the events might also be exclusive for European/American games. That's happened before, iirc.
As an owner of the American versions since Gold/Silver, I can say that the few "European events" there have actually been have been fully compatible with American versions of the game. In fact up until Diamond/Pearl I have heard that the cartridges are 100% identical save the label, manual and packaging.

I only remember one example of [changing text to remove British-offensive language] in D/P.
Now I'm curious. What's this example? :p

If you REALLY want to and have the money to afford the import cost, then go for it.
Even with the recently-plummeted strength of the pound, it remains cheaper to import games than it does to buy locally. Just not ludicrously so anymore. Back when Diamond/Pearl released locally at £30-£35, I had already owned it for months at a cost of just £18 including shipping. By today's rates it would cost around £24.80.

Edit: Another quick find from videos - HP bars still as slow as ever. Expect to be able to make a cup of coffee if you use a Full Restore on a near-dead level 100 Blissey.

Last edited:
Wow, Platinum will be hitting US shelves pretty soon. I wonder what are the direct differences between DP and Platinum... Do any of you find it kind of odd that the element Platinum has the same characteristics as the other elements Gold and Silver in real life? And that the Crystal has the same characteristics as the Diamond and the Pearl? I think this is a weird coincidence.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I didn't believe you until you swore with your heart that it was a really fun game.

Are you sure you bought a legit copy? I never trust convention dealers.

First of, I think Comic Con approves those kinds of merchants. Plus, I bought Super Mario 64 in Japanese, but I cant wait to play that either. I can tell for sure that I dont know how they got them, but best that they got them shipped from Japan. Though, you may be on to something, since I cant be very accurate about this. Im sure it was a Legit copy. Here's a pic of the game I got:

106.jpg

Last edited:

BCVM22

Though, you may be on to something, since I cant be very accurate about this.

I'm not on to anything, I was just imploring you to look closely at the copy you purchased. My experience with merchants at conventions is that any number of them will sell counterfeit merchandise, either knowingly or unknowingly, and the convention administrators won't have a clue unless someone points it out to them with irrefutable proof.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
True, so Ill recheck out the box it came with. Though, the game currently goes ok. But that doesn't show if it's Real or Fake in anyway, but just mentioning.

Last edited: