• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon Platinum Discussion Thread 2 ~ (READ 1ST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Jiralhanae

Ho boy, already I like this game:

1. Gym Leaders and Elite Four are buffed, and get buffed even more post-National-Dex.
2. Rotom forms. I wonder how Smogon will deal with this.
3. Giratina has his own theme music.

Too bad, I probably won't buy it. Lucky is the kid who hasn't bought Diamond/Pearl yet.

1. Yeah! Only too bad the E4 hasn't got any National Dex Pokémon, but jsut leveled up post-Nat. Dex.
2. Well, the cut form should be uber just for that grin.
3. And damn beautiful too.
4. Err... Lucky me? :D

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
so E4 rematches

I just saw Cynthia's and went "oh *****"

78 Garchomp is the record for highest lvl Pokemon E4 has

EvilAzn

Phantom Poster
Anyone find the Legendary Birds battle music yet? I remember Joe saying that they had special music when you encounter them.
It seems to be the same as the one old giratina/heatran etc had.
I got the national dex and caught all the pixies yet I can't seem to get palkia or dialga at spear pillar. I wonder what I'm missing, anybody have any ideas?

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
@Battle Frontier 12: it's natural. As they redid Sinnoh, they thought about Snowpoint a lot and then "OMG! LETSA PUT SNOW EVERYWHERE!" and then pufff, snow everywhere

razor fire

wow. lv.1 regigigas. that's cool and weird. I'm so going to buy this game.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
so E4 rematches

I just saw Cynthia's and went "oh *****"

78 Garchomp is the record for highest lvl Pokemon E4 has

That's better for EV Training Elite Four runs, you've got to admit. And aside from Red and Steven (if you count them as "retired" Champions), then I believe Blue/Gary in Fire Red and Leaf Green had the record with a level 75 starter.

Lostelle

vicious opportunist
Not hardly. I'd count on the next announced core games to be Johto remakes.

The Elite 4 rematches sound like they'll have enough level for me to actually use them for leveling to 100 now. Cool.

POKENAR

Because there's so much cold, hard, indisputable evidence to support that fact. Good call.

well not indisputable but people have found the option of a pokemon originating from johto so it is possible

Last edited:

BCVM22

well not indisputable but people have found the option of a pokemon originating from johto so it is possible

Which is perhaps the single, solitary point in favor that isn't a throwaway line of dialogue or something of the sort. Everything else is minor. And I readily grant that it's likely no one has yet looked closely enough to answer this question, but what if that same data isn't found in Platinum?

POKENAR

Which is perhaps the single, solitary point in favor that isn't a throwaway line of dialogue or something of the sort. Everything else is minor. And I readily grant that it's likely no one has yet looked closely enough to answer this question, but what if that same data isn't found in Platinum?

good point i just thought id say that maybe they were planing to but if its not in platinum maybe the scraped the idea. who knows except nintendo that is.

Grei

not the color
(And @BCVM22: I get where you're coming from, and I agree: The "using Bulbapedia article as evidence" thing really doesn't make sense.)

Anyways, I have a question (hopefully this is the right thread): Do we have any idea if the Pokemon that appeared in Swarms will continue to appear in Swarms in Platinum? More specifically, Swinub: In Platinum, would it just appear on Route 217, where it's Swarm location was?

Last edited by a moderator:

LimeStar

Okay, back to the discussing Platinum:

1. Anyone else find it weird that all the legendary trios are in the game, bar the Johto ones? Not implying the'yre in the game, or will be in another soon, but maybe they are in there somewhere

2. Anyone know where i can download the platinum sprites? I've looked everywhere!

They should have replaced the birds with legendary dogs!

Theyre much better than those.

While I can't really complain about the decision to add the legendary birds as fleeing Pokemon, the legendary dogs would have been a much better choice. Not only that, but fleeing legendary Pokemon aren't even a challenge anymore; catching them is just a pain now.

Last edited: